Archive through July 23, 2006

S. in Maryland
Unregistered guest
Hi, add me to the list. Got an '01 Pathfinder with 94,000 miles. CD changer went out on my road trip home for Christmas (just when you really need to hear your tunes, right?). I guess I'm blessed because I can get my CD's out, just can't play them. A dear friend of mine did some research and found this site. Glad to see I'm not going crazy with that "clicking" sound and Err 2.
I think after reading all of this I'm just going the aftermarket route. Don't want to take the time and spend the money to send it out and get it back only to have the problem re-occur.

TO TX_Lawyer: She also found a couple of sites that have pictures of how to remove the changer.

http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalNispthfndr03StrR.htm.htm

and

http://www.shareamemory.com/radio/pathfinder/

S Garrott
Unregistered guest
I have an 01' Pathfinder and slid a Cd-R in this morning. Guess what - err2. I never listen to the radio and it drives me crazy not being able to fix my player.

I am going to try and remove it tonight and see what is going on; but I am also going to call Tri-City Nissan and see what they will do or recommend.

Thanks for the thread and add me to the list.

spgarrott5@hotmail.com

So I popped out the cd changer and now have a nice big hole in my dash - put a towel down on the center console before you pop it out!!! I'm not sending it back only to get more problems later. Can anyone advise on a single changer unit, or even another multi changer unit? If I go with the single changer, how do I fill in the big GAP in the dash???? It's a real eye sore. Any suggestions would be great :}
Thanks Amigos

Unregistered guest
I have been reading all these problems with ERR2 and no eject. I have an 01 Pathdfinder with the indash 6 CD changer, and I am getting ERR1. I unplugged the battery and reset, it worked for a day, then ERR1 came back up? I have no problems ejecting disks, the CD player just won't read the disk and play it -- instead ERR1 pops up. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Unregistered guest
I installed an aftermarket Kenwood stereo system that plays MP3 format. Since most of my music is stored in that format on my computer, it is very easy to put 6 or 7 CDs worth of music on one CD. For a few pennies more I purchased a plastic pocket kit that is installed where the CD changer use to be located from a local car stereo dealer.

One issue that I ran into was that my factory system came with a Bose audio system. This means that amplifier and speakers are not compatible with most aftermarket car stereo systems. To get around this, I am installing an "OEM Amplifier Integration v.4 94-up Nissan/Infiniti' that I ordered online from www.Crutchfield.com (item number 142C4NN03).

I wanted to identify the root cause of the failure in hopes of providing others with information that could help them repair the problem with their player or suggest a positive course of action.
I spent many hours carefully pulling the player apart. Using information from this post, I was looking for a plastic gear that had split but not sure exactly where. I finally tracked it down after dismantling far more of the player than was necessary. The gear that is split is the white plastic one located at the end of the metal worm drive which moves the laser. I took a picture showing the location of the faulty part, I hope it helps.
http://www.magnesium.net/~flash/failedpart.jpg

Hindsight:

For those of you suffering from this problem, I suggest you read the Nov 4 post by Steve Colsten. I think he is absolutely right with his suggestion. He even provides a link to instructions on how to remove and replace the unit., which will save you DIY'er additional costs by removing the unit yourself. http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalNispthfndr03StrR.htm.htm

Knowing what I know now I would have sent the unit in to Clarion. My original CD player lasted 3 year of almost constant use. If I would have had Clarion repair it the unit I would have spent $110.00 and it most likely would have lasted 3 year additional years. Instead I have an aftermarket unit that looks nice but its just not same clean look that the original radio and CD changer had and the steering wheel controls are now rendered useless.

Murbike
Unregistered guest
Add me to the list. 01 Pathfinder, same details as everyone else.

OK, so the best thing to do to fix this POS is to send it to Clarion.

For the time being, I just want to rescue the CDs that the damn thing is holding hostage.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting them out? I'll burn them to my 'puter and just use my IPod with the little broadcast thing on it.

Unregistered guest
Murbike

In my case this was not an easy task since one of the ribbon cables was in the way of pulling the CDs out. Removing them required:

Remove the top cover and front faceplate.

Remove the circuit board underneath top cover

Carefully peel back the ribbion cable (the one that is holding your CDs hostage) that is glued to case so ou can move it out of the way.

Open the front door of the player by sliding the mechnical level, locate just below, to the right.

Pop out your CDs

If you are thinking of sending it in for repair, I would recommend having CDs removed by the repair technician.

dizneeland
Unregistered guest
Our dealer sent our unit to Clarion back in September. They just sent it back to the dealer with a letter that said they did not touch it.

Giving up on the factory unit.

Username: Ibleedgarnet

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 2
DrHerren, I just bought an '01 Pathfinder two days ago from an individual. I'm also have the problem with the driver's seat not moving forward or backward. What can you tell me or suggest? Is my only option to take it to the dealer? Also, how do I disable my memory seats so it won't try moving it while broken? (i don't have a manual). My wife can't drive it 'til this gets fixed. The seat is back too far. I'm desperate.Please respond here or email me at USColin@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
I bought a 01 Pathfinder with 40k miles. I'm at 44k now and guess what error I recieved. Err2, and I'm obviously not alone. I refuse to pay the repair cost. I am going to attempt to repair it myself. If it's beyond my technical capibilities then I will by a new head unit all together. If I am seccussfull with my repair I will post a repair guide on this sight. Wish me luck! Give me a week.

KDenise
Unregistered guest
Just purchased a used 01 Pathfinder. Selling point (not buying point) was "6-CD changer/Bose system". First time I put in a CD, got the click click click y'all speak of - never played. Took it back to the dealer (even though it was sold "as is"). System being sent for repair and now I get the 10-day wait.
Hope this isn't a foreboding...
Just getting a ^&$*(#! replacement key is about to drive me batty - I was given one key and remote and told today the dealer would be happy to get me a 2nd unit for $100 (just for the &*#!! key) and $175 for the remote... Is that not gouging? Ridiculous? Insane? Is the freaking computer chip inside encased in gold or something?

JiggyFly
Unregistered guest
KDenise....you can get a key pad off of ebay and program it yourself. I bought one for $10 and its working fine. You are screwed with the key though, just like me :-)

Username: Jfsharp

Post Number: 3
iBleedGarnet :::
Here's a link to a "pdf" version of the owner's manual - http://www.courtesyparts.com/nissan-manual/pdf/2001-Nissan-Pathfinder.pdf

Be sure to check out pages 3-16 to 3-18 (115 to 117) concerning the auto-positioning seats.

I've had some difficulty also with the seat but have been able to resolve the issue by pushing the switch forward while "rocking" the seat forward and back while sitting in it.

drherren
Unregistered guest
Thanks J Sharp for helping ibleedgarnet with her seat question. I still haven't resolved my problem so I'll try your solution.

CD player still not working... Nissan Consumer Affairs are a bunch of a..holes and so is Clarion. Dublin Nissan in Dublin, California is not helping either. We've spent thousands of dollars there on service (we own a '99 Quest also)at this facility, you'd think that they'd consider a courtesy warranty to keep our business???

drherren
Unregistered guest
Just got off the phone with Clarion. Sending $110.00 check to the Redondo Beach address that Steve Colsten mentions above. Guy said that 90 day warranty through Clarion or 1 year warranty through Nissan. Nissan costs too much to ask them to pull the player and send out to get the extra 9 months warranty. With the upgrade in parts, I'm hoping that that will buy me the 1 year +. Excellent removal instructions that S in Maryland posted. I'm going to try my hand at removal this weekend.

Can't believe that we are all having to deal with this. Too much time invested with these jerks. Nissan has totally lost my business over a $400.00 cd changer that is a known piece of crap. Great decision Nissan...

Unregistered guest
Question, what is the likelihood that the impact of hitting a deer at 65 miles per hour would jolt the car enough to cause some internal damage to a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 6 disc in-dash changer? There were 6 cds in the player. It makes a clicking noise every time I start the car now for about 5 seconds stops then repeats about 3-4 times.

JiggyFly
Unregistered guest
I don't think that a majority of the folks that have posted on here have hit a deer, so I would say its not related to the accident, but related to the CD changer being a piece of crap.

Unregistered guest
DAMN, DAMN, DAMN i LOVED MY PATH UP UNTIL NOW!!! i GOT THE eRR2 ABOUT A WEEK AGO!!! aFTER READING ALL YOU GUYS COMPLAINTS...nISSAN NEEDS A RECALL. I will not be ending it to Clarion...I will just bust it up get my CDs out and get a CD, DVD, LCD monitor for my Path...any suggestions?

drherren
Unregistered guest
Took only ten minutes to remove changer and put dash back together. Piece of cake. A very small spring was floating around inside of the changer. I could hear it as I tilted it the unit side to side, it eventually came out of a small opening on the backside. I taped it to the top of the unit. Oh and by the way, there was a nice sticker on the unit that said REFURBISHED. I am sure that the other units (I've already had two other changers replaced)were too. Anyone think that I'd have a leg to stand on with the whole refurbished thing or is this common to get replacement parts that are used???

Username: Goeagles

Post Number: 1
I am in the same boat as everyone else here. My dealership said it would be $45 to remove system, about a month for repair - $250, then another $45 to install when it is ready. Based on the experience of others here I am leaning towards replacing with after market unit. I saw that ce018 purchased the adapter from Crutchfield and installed a Kenwood unit and kept the Bose stereo.

Question for all, Am I better going with that route or replacing the Bose unit as well with new head unit? I have no experience on this front and want to keep costs reasonable.

Anonymous

60k and I'm on my 5th changer (2001 model). Fortunately, my dealership replaced all the previous ones, but now that I'm over 60k they want to charge me. So, I'm doing some research. Hopefully some of these other posts will give me more options.

POS. Don't know if I'd ever buy another Nissan at this point and certainly wouldn't recommend it. If they can't get this right, what else is going to go wrong.

drherren
Unregistered guest
I'm getting my seat fixed!!! I have the Silver+ Plus Warranty and when I took it in this past November, they said it wasn't covered. Since I am still fuming over the cd changer, I went home after work and dug up my copy of the service agreement. Low and behold, my power seat motor is covered!! I do have a $50.00 deductable, I can live with that since they originally quoted $508.00 to fix. Haven't sent changer to Clarion yet, I'll keep you posted.

KP
Unregistered guest
50K and I got ERR2. Somerset Nissan (Somerset, NJ) wanted $180 just for removing the unit and sending it to manufacturer to take a look at it. Then I would have to pay extra for the manufacturer to fix it. Does anyone know how to remove the unit that can post details for 2001 Pathfinder. I would really appreciate it.

Moab
Unregistered guest
I recently had a Harman Kardon Drive +Play installed in my 01 Pathfinder. They used the hard wired FM modulator from my iPod to import the sound. It sounds OK most of the time and then really fuzzy sometimes.
My question is if someone knows if these stock systems with the 6 disc CD Changer have some sort of auxiliary input option? Maybe they have a bonus plug in for one of those trunk mounted CD changer things. If I could run RCA cables into the unit it would sound superb and save me from when the CD player chooses to die.

pathfinderhater
Unregistered guest
Well, I have the same problem in Ky... Unbelieveable.... truth is, whwn working fine it sounds like it will break!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5287
Anyone seen the new Nissan Pathfinder? Boy do they ever look U.G.L.Y.

KaySea
Unregistered guest
I took out the play last weekend and sent it to Clarion today. I will let you know when I get it back and how it works.

On a side note: I have a spare transponder key that needs to be programmed. Dealerships will charge me any where from $40-$75. I think it is just a process of silly steps, but I don't know the specifics. Can anyone shed light on this for me?

Unregistered guest
For what it's worth: When Err2 appeared the affected CD was at #5. I tried the detach battery/power supply option and it worked. I was able to eject my 6 trapped CDs. Now I have been playing CDs #1-4, do not use #5 & 6 and so far the player has worked. Now it's a 4 CD changer; it sucks but I can live w/ it.

StephenE
Unregistered guest
I just bought a 2001 Pathfinder w/NAV unit from a dealer which has the 6 disc changer in the trunk. Are all these problems coming from the in dash units? Side question: it came w/o any CD's for the NAV unit. How do I get them cheap?

RepetitiveRedundancy
Unregistered guest
KaySea: Transponder Keys. Reprogramming requires plugging a Nissan specific diagnostics computer into the car's electrical system. I hired a locksmith to cut and program some spare keys for me -- I watched him do it and saw this computer. You can find references to this procedure on the net. The Lock Smith charged me about $150 to cut and program 1 to 5 keys. Programming the key fobs is easy, just a series of steps (I have never done it myself).

Anonymous

Just bought my '01 Pathfinder last week. Didn't get my E2 message until I loaded the 6th disc...(should have quit while I was ahead!). Took it back the next day and surprisingly they fixed it same day. Only problem is, now the eject won't work!
Going to try the old disconnect the battery trick.
Thanks.

amyles
Unregistered guest
Well, I posted here back in December and have been in the process of researching this more to decide on whether to send it to Clarion. I called Clarion again last night and they are supposedly in the process of a "move" and are no longer taking changers to be repaired. It is retail only. So now I have to go to a dealership which I'm quite sure will charge more for doing absolutely nothing, considering I took it out myself and will reinstall myself. I'm waiting for a call from them now so if there is any interesting news, I will let you know!

02pathcd
Unregistered guest
The '02' Pathfinder cd changer has the same problem as the rest of yours. I am on my third unit going for my fourth. The original unit was at 42k and fell under the 60day used car purchase warranty. It is a Clarion unit also. It got the Err 2 failure but it also would skip. I was told they didn't have any known problems. They replaced the unit (#2) and it didn't make it home before it started to skip. They checked with the repair depot, said maybe it was a bad out of the box unit and that they still didn't know of any problems. Replaced the unit (#3), it made it till the next morning. Now I have been informed that there was an issue but the referbed units that I have should have been upgraded and should not have the problem. They said the problem was an oil filled component in the unit that does not do well in the cold. So I am on my way for unit #4. They say they have a solution so if it works I will let you know. From the other postings I am glad mine are falling under warranty.

Username: Jeffncqx4

This is a copy of a letter i sent to several people in the Nissan/Infiniti foodchain I posted this to the wrong board earlier...please read further....Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 4:35 PM
To: 'kyle.bazemore@Nissan-USA.com'
Subject: Question/Help

Kyle,

I am not sure if this will do much good but I have to try at least. I have had no luck at all, in what I considered an easy search for some help from either local Infiniti service or from the Infiniti Consumer Affairs. My family has leased or owned approximately 6 Infiniti vehicles in the last 12 years and we have always had very good dealings with the company. We have just bought a 2001 QX4 for my wife that she fell in love with. Obviously used we expect certain things to happen. The first thing that did happen, however, was that the 6-disc in-dash DC changer began having problems ejecting/reading the CDs we had. My wife did some research and found that there was a huge community of Nissan/Infiniti owners that were having the exact same problem. Most were and are currently having no luck having this problem resolved. However, to be fair, a small handful did. I believe a Cerritos Nissan from somewhere in California helped one man but that was only after the service manager was shown the thirty page print-out of individual complaints regarding the same problem. My question is this: Is there a way to properly and efficiently handle this and if so, why hasn't it been handled better before? I understand about warranties and previous owners, as your consumer affairs representative was so kind in explaining three times to me. If it were a somewhat random case, I would understand. These cases are NOT random nor are they isolated. All I want is for Nissan/Infiniti to handle this in the manner that they should, and could. The consumer affairs representative (Gil @ EXT # 3782) seemed to leave the resolution of this to the local service manager with absolutely no recourse beyond his final decision, which I know is not a possible scenario. The consumers in these web-based communities, as you know, have big listeners in future buyers for your cars-certainly at least your repeat business is suffering by the inaction of your service managers and consumer affairs department. It's only a matter of time before major media and grass-roots outlets decide to make an example of yet another auto giant not caring to stand behind their product.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/171690.html

Thank you for your time,

Jeff Myles

P.S: If you have not seen this yet, please take five minutes to scroll thoough the link below to view examples of the frustration felt by current Nissan/Infiniti owners, many who may not be next time they decide to buy. Love the 350z though!

Also see these links for contacts to contact:
Media Contacts

Frédérique Le Greves
Vice President, Corporate Communications

Product & Consumer Public Relations

Kurt von Zumwalt
Director, Product PR kurt.vonzumwalt@nissan-usa.com

Dean Case
Manager, Tech, Environment, Motorsports dean.case@nissan-usa.com

Sumiyuki Shimizu
Manager, Global Product Communications sumiyuki.shimizu@nissan-usa.com

Nissan Division:

Tim Gallagher
Senior Manager, Nissan Product PR tim.gallagher@nissan-usa.com

Moe Durand
Manager, Nissan Product PR maurice.durand@nissan-usa.com

Infiniti Division:

Kyle W. Bazemore
Senior Manager, Infiniti Product PR kyle.bazemore@nissan-usa.com

Corporate Communications

Fred Standish
Director, Corporate Communications fred.standish@nissan-usa.com

Terri Hines
Sr. Mgr., Public Affairs & Lifestyle Comms. terri.hines@nissan-usa.com

Vicki Smith
Sr. Mgr., Manufacturing & Southeast Region vicki.smith@nissan-usa.com

Katherine Zachary
Manager, Corporate Communications katherine.zachary@nissan-usa.com

Megan Liefer
Manager, Western Region megan.liefer@nissan-usa.com

Angela Coletti
Manager, Midwest Region angela.coletti@nissan-usa.com

Steve Oldham
Manager, Eastern Region steven.oldham@nissan-usa.com

Steve Parrett
Manager, South Central Region steve.parrett@nissan-usa.com

Jeannine Ginivan
Manager, Mid-Atlantic Region jeannine.ginivan@nissan-usa.com

Maria Fernanda Bowe
Manager, Corporate Relations & Diversity PR maria.bowe@nissan-usa.com

Ernesto Del Aguila
Specialist, Corporate Communications ernesto.delaguila@nissan-usa.com

Post Number: 6
Anybody heard of www.Infiniti-parts.com from Dallas,TX?
Website looks good...price and turn-around appear very reasonable
179 plus shipping

Anonymous

Great thread and thanks Mr. Myles for taking the issue Nissan-Infiniti. I look forward to hearing of their response.

I'm in the same CD- changer boat ('01 Path), in addition to the fact that the volume control on the Bose receive is also messed up. Oh well.

If I decide to move on, can anyone recommend a good replacement CD player (single or multiple) that will fit in the slot now taken by the Clarion? Or is it better to remove the Clarion, faceplate the hole and replace the cassette/receiver with a CD/receiver combo. At this point, I'd rather just plug a new stand-alone CD player in for aesthetics.

TamHimes
Unregistered guest
Add me to the list of '01 Pathfinder owners with 6 CDs being held captive inside the CD changer. This latest time, it happened at about 63k. The first time, it was at about 20k, and because it was under warranty then, they replaced the changer and gave me back the CDs.

I found a website that provides FREE instructions on how to remove the unit ... http://www.shareamemory.com/radio/pathfinder/

AND, I've had the same auto seat problem. Originally it stopped working in the position fartherest from the steering wheel -- I was devastated. But luckily it moved forward when I monkeyed with it a little. I know have disabled the auto seat so that it at least is frozen in a position that I can use to drive it.

Mike Hughey
Unregistered guest
One more on the list of 01Path err2 freezes. Mine was ejecting cd6. 84K mi. Premium retail CDs, not CDRs, no labels. Surprised to read Clarion is under the Bose(Blowse) faceplate.

drherren
Unregistered guest
I received a letter from Nisan Consumer Affairs yesterday that said that they will reimburse me the $110.00 for Clarion to repair my unit. At no time did they ever accept responsiblilty for this defective player.

blt208
Unregistered guest
Well, I just decided to buy an aftermarket radio and had it installed at Circuit City. I figure I can only listen to one cd at a time anyway, plus it gave me additional pocket space to change to a smaller radio. I hope you all find a good solution to these problems. It does disappoint me that Nissan isn't standing up and taking action to fix this problem. But I'm finding that is common these days with other companies that won't stand behind their products. Good luck to all!

amontgo
Unregistered guest
I checked into getting a new CD Changer at Clutchfied. I found out that there is not direct replacement or aftermarket replacement available unless you get a new stereo. In order to put a new stereo in you need a "Nissan Kit" ($19.99) so that it will fit, a wiring harness(OEM Amplifier Adapter $39.99), then you need steering wheel radio control interface ($69.99). If you get a new stereo that plays CDs there is really no reason to get a CD Changer since the multiple changers break anyway. (Clutchfield said the factory ones only break but that does not make sense to me)
So bottom line. To get a new stereo you are looking at about $140 plus whatever you pay for your new stereo. Oh and don't forget if you want your cassette player you need to buy a new one of those as well - which also needs an adapter.
All said you could easily spend 4-5 hundred dollars. Then installing it all is another story.

I have decided to fork out the $110 and mail the CD Changer to Clarion. I'm not up to rewiring my whole SUV and dishing out a ton of money I would rather spend elsewhere. I give in!

Anonymous

I'm thinking the new receiver/integrated cd player is the way to go with the optinal harnesses. I think this thing will just keep breaking per the posts above. Plus, it looks like Clarion is starting to back up on these things.

My big issue with aftermarkets has always been the 'dimming' issue . . will the replacement stereo dim when you dim the instrument lights. Nothing like a nice quiet night ride with the radio light blaring in your face. Anyone know if these aftermarket harnesses address that issue?

Anonymous

My 2001 changer has worked flawlessly on both commercial CD's, my recorded CDR's, and even a Sony Dual Disc. I would say 90% of what I play in the player is on CDR.
Needless to say, last week some of my CDR's (not all) started experiencing this problem. I was able to get them all out. I left it alone for the weekend, and now most are playing again. I am probably asking for trouble.

For those of you that have sent your units to Clarion I have two questions.

1. What number did you call at Clarion to set up the exchange?

2. How has the replacement unit played CD'rs?

THANKS!

Z

Unregistered guest
Own a 2001 QX4. Bought the car last saturday, the cd changer did the "err2" message on monday. I had just had the Infiniti dealer put in a new headlight and when they did that they unplugged the battery. After consulting with Infiniti and being told it was nothing they did, I called the repair shop they recommended. Upon talking with the Technician he asked if Infiniti had unhooked the battery anytime recently. I told him "YES". He told me that lots of times unhooking the battery with cd's in the unit will cause the unit to lock up when the battery is re-connected. I had him call Infiniti and explain that. Infiniti says they will pay for the repair. Hope they do.
So far, this has been a very upsetting experience. By the way, I did try the battery dis-connect to see if it would fix the unit as mentioned in previous posts. It didn't. The unit is scheduled to be removed tommorrow and fixed within the next week or two.

Ernie Adams
Unregistered guest
The battery dis-connect suggestion didn't fix my problem. The technician just pulled the unit from the car. States that most likely it will have to go back to the manufacturer. Looks like I'll be without a radio for 3-4 weeks.

Any suggestions for aftermarket units that can be adapeted to fit nicely in that large hole on my Infiniti?

Ernie

Anonymous

Aftermarkets.

There are many, too many really. Most with lights, pictures and (other) sounds that will amaze you.

Forgetting for the steering wheel controls for the moment, one option I do want to have with a replacement unit is the ability to dim the display at night.

What I have found is that, largely, if they have dim capability at all it's simply a one-level dim setting, no variable (you turn on lights, your display (and maybe NOT the buttons) dim. If anyone knows differently please let us know.

If you have not need for lot's of extras and you just want to mate up to what's in the Pathy, I've found three that I think fit the bill:

1. Alpine 9852
2. Kenwood EZ 500
3. Pioneer 5800MP (don't know if it dims)

All will handle an ipod, etc. If you want satellite-ready or HD-ready, a few extra bucks for the next up model gets you there.

Comments on first two (or their cousins) seem to suggest that many Nissan owners have gone this route.

Any comments on these units from the forum?

Unregistered guest
Count me in for the 6-CD changer, 60,000 mile BREAK!! My CD player makes the annoying clicking sound over and over again then eventually stops. Unfortunately, extended warranty does not cover the problem! This really sucks. Count me in on any useful information please!

Unregistered guest
Count me in for the 6-CD changer, 60,000 mile BREAK!! My CD player makes the annoying clicking sound over and over again then eventually stops. Unfortunately, extended warranty does not cover the problem! This really sucks. Count me in on any useful information please!

Unregistered guest
OK, don't know if anybody has posted about this before but I've been reading this thread since Christmas to fix my Err2 message on my '01 QX4. I have the 6cd Bose system and not the separate CD/radio system. But I have GREAT NEWS for any and all of you looking to get any of your CD changers fixed. There is a website http://www.infiniti-parts.com/ that has all of the radios for these vehicles. They are located in Texas. Now you can do it one of 2 ways. You can send in yours and they send you ANOTHER system exactly like it WITH a 12 month warranty (which is better than the 3 months that Clarion offers) OR you can get a system from them and pay a deposit or core charge if you will and they will send you a system, you switch it with yours, send them yours and get back your deposit. That is exactly what I did. Just last week. The system they sent was in perfect running condition and I now have CD's loaded in it. They will send my unit to Clarion to get it fixed and I'll get my CD's back from that in a couple of weeks. The price was CHEAPER than Clarion for my particular unit and I'm not sure why, but it was a great deal. They are very friendly too. I dealt with Justin Supak and he always answered when I called the 800#. I told him I would put this information on here and I hope this helps some of you. It was very easy and very FAST! Good luck!

Anonymous

Thanks Amyles ... from the picture I assume this is for Infinit only, not a replacement for the Pathfinder 01 and 02 in-dash Clarion units. Agree?

KaySea
Unregistered guest
Here's the time line for my changer issue...

Removed changer from dash.
Mailed to Clarion, with check for $110 on Feb 3rd.
UPS tracking shows delivery on Feb 8th.
Called Clarion Feb 15th just to check on status, "Brenda" stated it had been mailed that morning.
Received back changer Feb 20.
Installed in dash and works just fine.

Good luck to all!

jqbotn
Unregistered guest
apparently clarion address has changed: 163 E. Selandia Lane Carson,CA 90746

Unregistered guest
I have an '01 LE Pathfinder with the Clarion 6-disc changer in the trunk area. I have the Bose radio-cassette in the dash and never listen to CDs because I hate changing them in the back. I want to have a CD player in the dash- 1 disc or multiple, I don't care. But I need it to work with the navigation system, factory VHS and steering controls. What are my best bets without having to spend a ton?

Username: Nissansucks

Contact Nissan's and Infiniti's VP of Parts and Services, Jerry Foley at Nissan North America Inc. P.O. Box 191, 18501 S. Figueroa St., Gardena, CA 90248. Here is the number. 310-771-3111 They would love to hear your feedback. Reference this URL that this post is on. Explain how a class action lawsuit works while you are at it. I am beginning the class action lawsuit with a law firm in San Diego, you can contact them at 800-320-5081 or fill out this form at http://www.milbergweiss.com/contact/reportafraud.aspx and begin your grievances with them.

Username: 01pathy

Hey guys. I just bought the USA Spec IPOD interface this and I thought everyone should know that it works really well with the Pathfinder. Check out my review at Crutchfield http://www.crutchfield.com/S-yWWhyzVU8lp/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=227450&id=essent ial_info&i=581PA11NIS#Tab

Username: Kessuv

Canisteo, Ny Usa

hi, i just picked up on this dicussion last night.
glad to hear (kinda) mine isn't alone.
i noticed today there are 355 posts relating to this problem, and many others concerning bose systems in other nisans.
can you imagine the number of consumers that must be having problems with this crap?
just got the car a few days ago so i'm still deciding what to do. wife & kids want a dvd system...
has anyone dealing with this issue heard of a recall yet? i'll hit the dealer in rochester with it this week if i end up taking the car in for the o2 sensor treatment.
great discussion, thanks.

Username: Ibleedgarnet

Columbia, SC USA

Richard, what do you mean the o2 sensor treatment?

I just had my "service engine soon light" come on, and we had a scan done on it. It's the right sensor after the cat. converter.

Is there a problem I should know about with the sensors? What exactly is your situation, and how much will it cost to fix yours?

I already ordered the sensor from Advanced Auto for about $96. Now I've gotta get someone to put it on.

Or should I be able to do it?

Canisteo, Ny Usa

i'm referring to all the posts i've read at nissanforums.com about bad o2 sensors causing the ses light. ours came on a few days ago, and i need to get a ny emissions insp. done. had it scanned and it read 2 codes pertaining to the o2 sensors.
i'm not sure about the change out, gonna check it out tomorrow at a buddies shop.

Canisteo, Ny Usa

Post Number: 4
it was codes 420 & 430.

Username: Tkpath

For SES lights, even though you may be outside the 36 mos/36,000 warranty, if you still have any of the engine/transmission warranty, they should analyze and fix all those SES problems under warranty.

I've had 2 repaired at 50 and 60,000 miles respectively.

Username: Bven

Hey,
I have a Nissan 2002 pathfinder. Of course at 65K, my CD Changer stopped working and begin to show 'ERR F3'. I have searched everywhere for what this error means but of course there is really not much information out there. I asked the Nissan dealer but all they can say is just get a new stereo system or pay $400.00 to $500.00 to fix it. I read Stever Colsten's comments regarding Calrion Corp. I called the company and the representative on the phone asked me to check to make sure the stero is Clarion, Sony, or etc. I have been reading some of the comments on this website. Can someone copy and paste the directions to remove the CD Changer?
The Calrion rep also told me just to go to the Nissan dealer and get them to take the CD changer out and send it to Clarion, but unfortunately I don't trust the people at the Nissan dealer from previous experinces. I love my CD player and I am having a hard time without it. I need to get this fixed FAST!!! Please Help. Thank you.

Username: Imran01

i have a 04 nissan quest trying to change the regular oem cd player to oem 6 disk cd changer but one of the plugs dont match and without it the radio wont power up and nothing comes on the display screen...any of you experts can solve my this problem or anywhere online i can find those free maunals online please anything will help

Username: Carioca_fl

Fort Lauderdale, FL USA

Chalk up another person with a CD changer showing a "ERR F3" error message.
Mine's a 2002 Pathfinder LE, Bose in-dash 6 disk changer.

I am happy to have found this thread, as I am not the only one with this issue. However, thanks to a link someone posted earlier about an iPod adapter (not an AUX or FM transmitter), I am not that upset -not much of a CD user after getting iPods for me and the wife.

I have ordered the iPod adapter from Crutchfield and will install it myself. Will post updates once that's done.

Good luck to everyone!

Username: Ijs

And I thought I had somehow screwed up the thing !!
'01 Pathfinder, 60K, Err2 on CD Changer, 6 CDs hostage.

Thanks all for sharing...

Username: Wjonzjr

Norcross, GA US

I have a 2001 Pathfinder SE. I bought it new Aug of 2000. I have driven it for 157,000 miles. mostly Highway and commuter miles as I work in the Metro Atlanta area and live 30 miles north of town. A couple of months ago I started getting the ERR2 and Clicking sound with my CD changer, called the 800 number that I got off of this thread and they instructed me to remove it and send it to the Carson, CA address with a check or money order for $110 along with return address and descrition of problem. I will let you all know how it goes. I have also recently put about 3K in repairs into my vehicle in hopes of driving for another 157K, prior to the repair it still ran like new and that hasn't changed. I more or less drove my vehicle and did no mechanicle work to except for oil and brakes during my ownership. I had to have 3 out of 4 O2 sensors replaced, and they had to be genuine nissan parts according to my mechanic, because off shoots would not work. That portion of repairs cast me about $850, and this was a personal friend who did the work, so expect to pay about $250 per sensor. Oh yeah my Check Engine Light had been on prior to this, and you might wanna get it fixed before you harm your catalytic convertor which I was lucky enough not to do. The other repairs included fixing an oil leak flushing all fluids, oil, transaxel, power steering etc. Changing out belts and hoses and replacement of one of the fuel system parts. I love my truck, and prior to this upkeep has been very reasonable so once you get past any initial cost I think you will be happy with it.

Username: Mabber

I have the same issue but fixed it myself. The basic problem is that the CD loader gets jammed. That is why you here the clicking because it is trying to reload the CD.

Take the unit out as described by other people. Unscrew the bottom of the unit (the little screws are difficult to turn).
Unscrew the faceplate and remove.

Take the top off
Unscrew the circuit board.
There are around 5 or 6 ribbon cables that attach to this circuit board (including the faceplate.
You need to pull the little white connector that holds these ribbons in. Pull each one out and the ribbon will release. You can then fold the faceplate back.

you will be looking at the CD's at this time and the loader. I took a small screw driver, dropped it into the unit and pushed all 6 CD's back into place.

Put it all back togheter, reinstalled and it is working fine.

Good luck

Username: Mariod

It's my turn to join the club. Last week my '01 LE with 77K started showing ERR2. Last night I decided to at least try and free my 4 lost CDs. After pulling the changer from the bracket I gave it a few 'love' taps and the CDs started coming out. This gave me some hope, because now the changer will accept and eject CDs OK, but they won't play... After reading some of the above posts I'm guessing that I have the failed plastic worm gear. Last night I also dismantled the changer, but didn't get all the way to the gear yet. Even when I do I'm not sure what I'll do - does anyone have experience with fixing the gear themselves?

Post Number: 8
Please read this!!! My wife and i had the same problem..tried all the same ways to get infiniti/nissan to fix it....no luck..finally found this site:
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=AccessoryCatalog&catalog id=3763&siteid=213775&categoryID=77306
You can also try to get to it at http://www.infiniti-parts.com/
go to the MISCELLANEOUS
section then go to Radios..it will pop right up
They were very quick/professional.....cd changer works exactly like it should now
more importantly, the process described on their site worked exactly as it should have...please try them because they are the only people i've found/heard about that don't charge an outrageous amount to get it done...they send it off to clarion too by the way...lol..go figure..
you still need to remove it yourself..which can be done fairly easily with some degree of "fix-it" mentality

Post Number: 9
this works for both infiniti as well as nissan units...they are all made by clarion....sending it to clarion works as well, i'm sure, but never got a straight answer nor a good feeling the 5 times i called them..always got a different price if i was provided one at all

Username: Bzm

I have a 2001 Pathfinder with 6 CD in-dash changer problems too. Add me to the list. 6 CD's are stuck and the service rep at the dealership acted as if there were no widespread problems that he knew of. I am not sure what I am going to do but I see that I am not alone.

Username: Jwd4usc

I just used the service through infiniti-parts.com and they have been great. I have been dealing with Justin and he has been very patient with my repeated calls. They are really busy, but they have always made time for me. The first unit they sent me also read error 2 so I sent it back, but that is not really their fault as they send it out to a repair center. My second "fixed" unit is set to arrive by UPS on Friday 6/2/06. I will let you know how it goes.

I filled out the claim on that lawyers site, which is listed above. I would encourage everyone to do that because these companies need to realize that when they send out cars with known defects and refuse to stand behind their cars that there are consequences.

Username: Dedwards

I contacted Clarion on 30 May 06 and they told me that they are no longer accepting units directly from consumers that you must go through a dealer or other repair facility. I pushed the issue and talked to a manager who said they made the change on 23 May to enforce the written policy they had been bending for some time now. I contacted my local Nissan dealer and they had me take my CD Changer unit to the parts dept and they shipped it to Clarion at no expense/cost to me. They stated that they would only charge me to remove the unit but since it was already out they were just the middle man. Clarion increased their repair cost to $181 and is giving a 12 month warranty.

I thought about replacing the unit with a new double din unit and wire adapter kit for the bose speakers. The cost wasn't much more but I decided to get the original fixed so I could maintain my steering wheel controls.

Also, the 1-800 number listed earlier in this forum for Clarion is still accurate but the address isn't. They aren't even in that city any longer. They won't give out the new address to consumers.

Username: Johnnywind

Dana,
I must have just made it because I shipped my unit to them on May 30th (I called a week before). I had no difficulty with them. My unit took 4 weeks and I just installed it back into the pathfinder. They charged me $110. with 90 day warranty. It looks like they are after more money. The new shipping address is:
661 Redondo Beach Blvd.
Gardena, CA 90247
(310) 327-9100
no RMA needed

Username: Bekah

I too have the same exact problem. '01 Pathfinder, 111,000 miles on it. Bought it in August w/ 100,000 miles and didn't realize the cd player was already broken. Have been using my iPod up to this point but would really like to get it fixed. The audio shops the dealership reffered me too were going to charge $300+. Found this site and I too just called Clarion and was told that they stopped accepting consumers sending in the stereo 2 weeks ago.

My question is...since this is such a recent development, do you think it's safe to still send it in w/ the $110 check? I'm 99% sure the address has not changed. That's prob a bunch of bs. I just don't want to ship it off & never see it again. Thoughts? Thanks ya'll!

Rebekah,
I thought about sending it directly myself but after talking to my dealer and finding out that they were going to ship it at no cost to me, I figued why fight the current. The manager I talked with at Clarion was insistant that they changed their policy and were going to stick to it. With my luck, they probably would have sent the radio back still broken and all I would have done is delay the repair process.

I made my dealer write me a receipt for the radio and check that was sent in the box for repair. This way I have something to hold them accountable for until I receive it back from Clarion.

Username: Cami

Add me to the growing number of dissatisfied Nissan consumers. My 01 Pathfinder has 80,000 miles and has been holding my Cds for the past 3 weeks. Bought it last April and the CD changer was working fine up until this point. Hubby is sure I did something to it. Good to know it's not me. Sucks that there seems to be an issue with the CD changer itself.

If Clarion is not accepting new consumers - any suggestiong?

Username: Dangmine2

Oh man... Just bought my used 01 Pathfinder(60K) 3 days ago... Changer worked great until yesterday! Same Err2 message and has six great CD's hostage one of them is my kids favorite :-( It didn't make clicking sounds before it broke it just broke mid-song and now nothing but err2 and wait... wait... wait... Well, I am still waiting. At least I know I am not alone :-) Don't know what I am gonna do now to fix this cuz I don't want a hole there. I didn't think I would ever use the wheel buttons but I was getting to like it a LOT. :-( At least my cassette still works LOL I guess I will have to go buy a sirius unit again.
UGH.. You would think Nissan would buck up and fix these for Us
:-(

Username: Johnnywind

Angela,
Don't give up. Have your husband or boyfriend remove the changer for you. There are websites that describe how to do it. I did it and it wasn't that hard. I think someone said if you bring it into Nissan the charge will be $180 with a one year warranty.

Username: Mchancellor

I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE, I have had this issue before at around 48-59k. And now at 110k it has happenend again, The first time I took it to a shop and they had it for over a month or two, this time I just want to take it out, and look to see what really is broken...But I don't know how and I don't want to break anything that is working...:-(:-(:-(

Post Number: 10
To all:
Obviously anyone owning one of these vehicles is going to have this problem. Check out my earlier post to find out the cheapest,easiest, and most guaranteed way of having it fixed. My earlier post is copied here:Please read this!!! My wife and i had the same problem..tried all the same ways to get infiniti/nissan to fix it....no luck..finally found this site:
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=AccessoryCatalog&catalog id=3763&siteid=213775&categoryID=77306
You can also try to get to it at http://www.infiniti-parts.com/
go to the MISCELLANEOUS
section then go to Radios..it will pop right up
They were very quick/professional.....cd changer works exactly like it should now
more importantly, the process described on their site worked exactly as it should have...please try them because they are the only people i've found/heard about that don't charge an outrageous amount to get it done...they send it off to clarion too by the way...lol..go figure..
you still need to remove it yourself..which can be done fairly easily with some degree of "fix-it" mentality

Username: Sgore

Dallas, Texas U.s

hey, for the nissan pathfinder owners who live in Dallas you can go to Factory Car Stereo repair on West Mockingbird off of Irving Blvd and have you changer repaired for $170.00 in about 30-45 minutes. They will remove and install it back in you truck. I took my changer there and it has been fine since.

Username: Bcauble

Encinitas, CA USA

I'll add to the Clarion PN2100? posts. Own a 2001 Infiniti QX4. Err2 code back in Feb. Infinity in San Diego area PQ $385 to pull, ship and repair. I pull it myself and took it to a repair place in Escondido, CA. He shipped it to Clarion on March 4. Told me that Clarion charges $400. Problem is a broken worm gear in cd changer. I have been told since mid- March that Clarion is so over run by these broken changers that they have run out of parts and are now on back ordered, indefinately. Infiniti in Carlsbad told us it was out of warranty and "tough". They wanted $385 plus shipping. Apparently neither Infiniti nor Clarion will admit the problem. Our radio/ changer has now been out of the car for 3-1/2 monhts, at Clarion for 2-1/2 months and we are still being told that the new parts are still waiting to be shipped to Clarion. I'm upset with Infiniti for selling us this car with a cd changer that they have known for over 3 years was crap. I'm upset at Clarion for charging $400 for us to repair their mistake.
Where is that class action in San Diego? I'm on board. Has anyone else heard the back order story?
I'm not sure whether I'm getting the trueth or BS from my audio repair guy. Is there a number to contact Clarion back East at their repair facility to verify this?
Please keep this post going so we can get our changers fixed and our money back.
By the way, if I ever get mine back, I'm going to install an MP3 connection to it and then I will never have to us the changer again!!!

Username: Federal1998

Memphis, TN

Hello everyone! I am glad to have found this web site!

Our 01 Pathy CD changer died last week at @63K miles. Thank you very much for the tips on how to get it fixed through Clarion and the removal procedure.

Best regards,

Username: Starscream

my Mothers Nissan 2002 Sentra just did the error 2 trick. not sure if I will fix it she may be tradeing it for a PT Cruiser. oh well sounds like Nissan has a real lemon with the changer. I just hope they fix it. The Sentra has 60k on it

Username: Matelize

You can add another one to the Clarion 6 CD changer list, but we had additional issues. The CD Player would shut off our radio and would even click with everything turned off. We left our car in a remote parking garage when we went out of town, and the CD player came on and ran our battery down. We had to get a tow truck at 11 oclock at night. Our dealership told us it was a known problem, so why this is not a recall item is a real sore spot with us. We have a call into Nissan, but after reading the other posts, we don't expect any good news. Our dealer told us a new one would cost 1100.00 and to repair the old one would be 300 which we would have to pay whether they could repair it or not.

Username: Noghern

Another unhappy customer of Nissan Pathfinder, my CD changer broke more than one year ago (65K miles). I have a co-worker that have the same problem. I mentioned to my dealer but he just change the topic saying that a Stereo and Radio shop will do a better job to fix it (tha's for sure). Thanks to all for bringing this issue, I just realice that this is a serious and big issue. I will join and call to the firm in San Diego, suggested by one of the MEMBERS in this forum and call to 1-800-320-5081 or fill out the form he suggested and located at http://www.milbergweiss.com/contact/reportafraud.aspx. I hope at least get out my frustation of not having my music while I'm driving. Due to this and poor response from Nissan, I convince my wife not to buy another Nissan as she was thinking.

Username: Victor10

I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder (68,000 miles). My CD Changer broke also. I found a guy on Ebay that fixes them for $160 plus $10 dollars shipping. He usually has them fixed and shipped back in 1 day after receiving the unit. His feedback on Ebay is 100% - all very satisfied customers as am I. He includes a 90 day warranty also. I have my CD fixed and the CD is working fine now. Good luck.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-NISSAN-PATHFINDER-6-DISC-CD-CHANGER-CE018-RE PAIR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43948QQihZ019QQitemZ8068343681QQrdZ1QQsspagename ZWDVW

Username: Bekah

Hey everyone. I wrote on here about a month ago seeking info. for sending my unit into Clarion when I found out they won't accept them anymore. I too found this same guy on ebay and they are SO fast and cheaper than any other venue I found. My dad had actually tried to fix my unit himself and all these parts came flying out, but they were still able to fix it even with the baggie full of parts my dad knocked out. So they obviously know what they are doing. Definately recommend them. I mailed mine in last Thursday and they put it back in the mail yesterday. So fast!

Username: George_p_burdell

Thanks to everyone for the posts here that helped me sort through this problem. I got ERR2 first at around 70K, and fixed it with the battery disconnect method. Then recently, around 100K it happened again, but the quick fix didn't work. With a full load of favorite CDs I decided to remove the unit and carefully dismantle it. I was able to slide out the CDs and reconnect the unit, but the ERR2 was still there. It was hard to tell whether the eBay fix actually replaced the offending part, and someone here mentioned that the Clarion fix wasn't permanent. When I saw Rebekah's post that Clarion was out of the game I decided to visit my local Circuit City (have had very good experience with them after abandoning the $atanic Best Buy). I settled on a Sony unit, and after costs for harness, antenna, and dash adapter the cost was $200. It sounds great with the Bose speakers and I'm more or less happy. Sad to give up the 6 CD changer capability, but there are no in-dash options for that. Seems like the in-dash changer is somewhat rare, maybe due to the reliability of the technology (as seen here!). I finally decided my time was worth too much to waste begging the dealer and chasing a replacement from a junkyard. Plus my new Sony unit plays MP3s and has an AUX input in the front for an iPod. Thanks again for all the help, everone.

Username: Belasco

Just called clarion to inquire about sending cd changer in for repair. They do not offer this service to individuals anymore. I am so f*&^ing pissed off. Said to go to authorized Nissan dealer, but I am just gonna use the guy on ebay

Username: Aca

Yeah, i called them too a few days ago and was told the same thing. I am wondering if i buy that in-car stereo let's say at Circuit City they do the installation for free would it produce the same quality sound as the original Clarion cd changer. I have BOSE sound in my Pathy so i was just worried if the sound quality would be decreased? Thank you.

BTW i don't want to fix my Clarion anywhere becasue it broke once already and i know it will break again.

Post Number: 4
Meho

If you buy a replacement unit (double din), you will need an adapter to use the bose speakers. This adapter runs around $50+ from my research. With this adapter, the sound will be comparable to what you have now. You will lose your steering wheel controls to the stereo.

I sent my unit to clarion (through my dealer, see my post on 1 Jun) and they shipped it back two days ago. The unit has a 12 month warranty and my dealership didn't charge me a dime to send it since I removed the unit myself. I thought about replacing the unit myself but I like the steering wheel controls too much.

Good luck in your decision.

Thanks Dana for your respnse. Well i have been to one Nissan dealer and they wanted $450. I guess that's because i did not tell them i would remove and istall the damn thing myself. But i guess you've been lucky with the dealer who did not charge you at all for it. I don't think all Nissan dealers are that nice!

Is there anything you tell the dealer or is it just the fact that you ar not allowing them to charge the labor fee by removing the stereo by yourself?

And is the price still $110 or is it now higher through the dealer if i can know?

Thanks

Username: Jimbo85238

Same problem here, 2001 Pathfinder CD changer clicks and will not eject or play.Does anyone know of any single-disc players that are compatible with the radio/speakers/steering wheel controls ? Thanks !

Username: Walstib

Meho,

I think the link below may be what you want. Under $12 for harness to plug into Nissan harness, includes power + 4 spkrs.

http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=70-7550

Username: Hookssm

This simply amazes me.

Vital stats: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, Silver Warranty Plan, 63,600 miles.

After reading this forum, I contacted the Service Manager (Glen) at Town Center Nissan in Kennesaw, GA. I take my car there for all repiar services. He (acted like?) had never heard of the problem, but he did find a "service bulletin" on his Nissan web site that described the problem. He said he would have to charge me for removal, shipping, whatever Clarion charged him, and reinstallation (probably about $400). I said no thanks and advised he would not be seeing future business from me. I called Clarion and was advised that they no longer do the repairs and I would have to go direct through the dealer because of the recent change in their (corrupt) process.

I can't believe how much time I have already wasted on this issue. Clearly, both Clarion and Nissan should take responsibility for this issue and make the repairs for free. Since they aren't, I plan to never buy another Nissan or Clarion product, and encourage everyone else I know to take the same pledge, which I think is the most appropriate and reasonable action. Ever hear of six degrees of separation? Tell as many people about this as possible, and if we're lucky, perhaps Nissan and/or Clarion will suffer at least some degree of loss comensurate with our level of frustration.

I filled out the form on the http://www.milbergweiss.com/contact/reportafraud.aspx site, but I wouldn't expect much out of that. If you have a local consumer advisor in your area (like Clark Howard in Atlanta), pointing them toward this forum is probably your best bet for revenge (to get some negative media on this issue).

That said, I'm not paying Nissan or Clarion a dime (at least not directly). I figure I'll either use the ebay guy, the infinity-parts.com site, or buy an after-market unit and forfeit my steering controls.

Bronze Member
Username: Tbfox

Post Number: 87
I feel your pain, Scott. I've recently been through similar torture attempting to get the Clarion player fixed in my 2001 Pathfinder. Clarion gave me the hard truth -- we don't repair the units anymore; talk to your dealer. The dealer told me -- we don't repair the units, but we sell them for $1200-1400. Fortunately, there is a local repair guy that handles factory units, but he's charging $250 with no guarantees.

So at this point, it's time to get introspective. How much do I care about a multi-cd changer, when I can replace both the radio/multi-cd player with a radio/single-cd player for the price of repair? Am I killing some of the resale value of the vehicle? Sure. Do I care? No.

While I do think Nissan takes some of the blame for the lack of repairability, this is a Clarion issue and a failure on their part to satisfy the needs of a big customer, Nissan. I just hope Nissan has wised up and have dropped Clarion in the latest vehicles. Then again, this could be why Clarion has chosen to no longer to repair their own product when removed from a Nissan vehicle. Thanks, Clarion!

!@#$%$%

Post Number: 5
Meho

I just received my CD unit back from Clarion and it works like new. Clarion charged $181 and gives a 12 month warranty.

I talked directly with the parts manager at my local dealership (I didn't buy the car from them) and explained the situation with Clarion. I told him that I could not directly ship my unit to Clarion any longer and that it had to come from a dealership. He called them and got the same message. He offered to ship the radio at no cost (I originally offered to pay shipping). He wrote me a receipt for my check that was inclosed in the shipment and wrote down my unit's serial number. His statement to me was that the only charge I would incure from them would be to remove/install the unit and since I had done that already there would be no charge to play middle man and ship it.

I would not have hesitated to talk to the dealerships owner if I had been treated any differently. The unit isn't under warranty and they really have nothing to gain by not working with you on your shipment.

I hope this helps. Sorry for my delayed response, I couldn't remember my password to the site...lol.

Thanks Dana,

I am going back to dealer today to tell them i will remove/install the player myself and see how will they respond. I hope everything will go ok! I'll let you know guys what happend.

Bill, thanks for the links for the harness, i might end up buying the single player CD at the end.

Username: Macx

HI im sorry to break the chain of post flow.
i have the talked about unit from a 2001 pathfinder and it has been opened by a non-liscened audio tech, mechanic mostly...we had to get stuck discs out. i plugged the unit back in to the car. nothing.
i hear the ribbon cable of sorts is loose or gone...how can i fix the problem.
i dont want a new one for 1000$ but is there a cheap second hand or cheap aftermarket install (>$500)?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us