Archive through September 17, 2005

Username: Rstre2

Post Number: 1
I own a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder that just hit 58K miles. The factory installed 6 disc changer doesn't seem to be working. It takes cds and makes noises as it shuffles the cds BUT it won't read/play any of my cds. It just shuffles around trying to find one to read, then gives up because it can't read any of them. I'm so bummed! Does anyone have any words of advice? Should I take the darn thing to the Nissan dealer or consider it DEAD and invest in a new one all together? Thanks in advance for your help:-)

Unregistered guest
I had the same problem I thought it was from the CD-R's.
I pulled mine out and tore it apart to get the cd's out. Problem is if you go to buy one other than a Bose system which cost $1,800 new, your amp won't work. I found a converter to use which is suppose to allow me to install any cd changer to my Bose radio and my amp will work..I have not recieved it yet so don't know if it will work. Good luck.

millard24
Unregistered guest
Funny, we've recently had the same problem with the same system in the same car. I wonder if it's a known defect. Have you figured out how to fix the problem or did you just replace the deck?

Username: Rstre2

Post Number: 2
I really haven't had time to bother with the issue yet. But, I did read online at another site that you can get the cd-changer "ERR 1" problem fixed for about $200.00. However, several people who pusued this route said they got it fixed only to have it break again a few months later. In light of this, I'm still trying to decide what route I want to take. Does anyone have any experience with using an IPOD or MP3 player in their Nissan Pathfinder 2001 editions?

Anonymous

I had the same problem. Happened a month ago. I will be investing into a new head unit that plays MP3s. I had to totally trash the unit to get my CDs out; the screws were installed too tight and stripped 3 of them. I guess this is to be expected.

Anonymous

I waws just curious if you have to replace the factory installed amp as well in order for your new MP3/head unit to work in conjunction with it? What does a new head unit that plays MP3s go for these days?

Anonymous

I found this link that apparently does the repair for these. I'm having the same problem!!

http://www.shareamemory.com/radio/#Nissan%20Pathfinder

Anonymoose
Unregistered guest
Same issue. I'm on my 2nd unit, 1st one they covered under warranty.

I just tried taking the whole unit out. I got it out of the dash but there were so many tiny screws and springs holding in it's casing I decided to just rip the one CD out that I could reach with a forcips. Put it back in and still get err2.

It's obviously a crappy product since so many people are having problems and a site like shareamemeory.com have write ups on it.

Anonymous

Hi Anonymoose....I'm just curious how you got the first one covered under warranty? Since this is the original cd unit to fail, I wanted to know what steps I needed to take to try and have Nissan replace it under warranty. Thanks.

Patrick C
Unregistered guest
Anonymoose:

I'm curious about the warranty thing, too. The story we got at the dealer is that it will cost $600 to have them remove the unit and send it to get repaired. Plus whatever the repair costs.

I plan to try the removal instructions on http://www.shareamemory.com/radio/#Nissan%20Pathfinder and see if I can figure out how to fix it.

Has anyone contacted Bose to see what ERR 2 is suposed to mean?

Anonymous

My CD player is doing it as well. Basicaly we are all screwed. There is a guy in NC that can fix them for 180.00 + shipping and he will have it for a month. I am sure the same problem will reoccur- Best bet is to go buy something else-Mp3-single CD player, etc. Will cost 600.00 to 1000.00 or more to fix or get a brand new one

Username: Lilred50

Did everyone play a lot of cd's prior to getting the ERR 2? It can be fixed, but I am sure it will happen again. right now I am listening to the radio....which sucks.....I am going to check around at junk yards to see if any (totaled)smashed up 2000-2001 Nissan Pathfinders that I can buy the 6 disc changer out of. Should not charge that much for one. GOOD LUCK!

jhuck
Unregistered guest
This makes me mad. I bought my 01 Pathfinder back in February and it had 39K miles. It just turned over 51K and the cd changer is doing exactly what you folks are saying. Kind of makes me wish I'd bought that extended warranty. I saw the names Nissan and Bose and thought I had 2 great quality names. I think I'll print off everything I can find about this and take it with me to the dealership and express my dissastisfaction with their product. I may get nowhere, but I might get a new or repaired cd changer. It's worth a try.

Unregistered guest
I had this same problem twice. The first time it was under warranty but the second time it happened I took it apart myself to see what was wrong only to find out the dealership installed a refurbished unit (should of took the big sticker off first stupid). Anyway I raised hell with the dealership and finally got them to replace it again only to read Err2 for the third time. I finally called Bose myself and got no response. Best thing you can do is buy a new cd/mp3 player and move on since no one stands behind there products anymore.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 792
Bose is garbage, always was, always will be.

Anonymous

I just filed a complaint with BOSE today via their customer online service (via email). Has anyone else tried this? I was curious if anyone would like to be included on my formal complaint letter to BOSE about the cd-changer unit? I thought it would be a good idea if we could get everyone to document their complaints, send them to me and then I could BOSE as a collective group complaint letter. That way they couldn't ignore the ERR 1 & ERR 2 problem as being "occassional" or "random". It would be rather apparent that this error malfunction problem is extremely common, due to their crappy production of the unit. Let me know your thoughts.

Username: Jfsharp

I just had the same thing occur (click-click-click then Err2), went thru the trouble of pulling the unit myself and salvaging - luckily - the only CD in the unit.

Some of you have indicated that you were considering replacing with another system. Any particular models that you've found? That will fit?

Columbia, South Carolina
Unregistered guest
I have left a message with Bose issuing a complaint regarding the defected CD 6 disc changer. I doubt if I'll get a call back. I will try to send an e-mail as well. I would like to be a part of a formal complaint.

Anonymous

I will be part of the formal complaint as well. I checked around and a new in dash 3 or 6 disc unit is anywhere from 500-1000. If you dont't mind a signle disc unit, you can check out circuit city. They range from 150-250 and include FREE instalation. They also have a plate w/ cubby hole since the factory unit is double din and the single disc unit is single din, which cost about 17.00. I think this is what I am going to do. Factory cd player will just get the error again for sure.

jhuck
Unregistered guest
I read in another forum that while the radio/tape player was made my Bose, the cd changer was made my Clarion. I don't know if there's any truth to this or not...

Anonymous

this problem is apparently well-known with the dealerships. I got the err 2 message when my 01 pathfinder hit 65000. when i called they said i could remove the unit and they would send it off for around $400! I will never purchase another bose product. I have lost all respect for the company.

Anonymous

The cd changer is made by clarion; the radio may be too.

murmur78
Unregistered guest
Wow. My 2001 pathfinder just started this! It turned 67k and just yesterday morning it was working fine. Then on the way home from work last night it started making the 'click-clickity-click-cant-read-cd-click'. I have the extended warranty on the truck, so I'm going to see (make them) cover it. Its only been one day and it kills me that I don't have the option of CDs.

Anonymous

You will most likely find that any audio components are explicitly excluded from coverage under the extended warranty.

Username: Roryj

My QX4 just started this a few weeks ago. It tries to eject the CD and you hear it working but to no avail. I read on another post where a guy took his out and turned it upside down and beat on it a couple of time and his CD ejected. I figured I have nothing to loose so I did the same thing. IT WORKED. And now it is working fine. I had to slap it a few times quite hard. There are sites that explain how to take it out. The top section is tricky to get off but it will eventually come off. The rest is easy. Hey what do you have to loose? It beats buying a new system.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1018
Does everyone own an Infinity? Someone buy me one!

Anonymous

This is disgusting. My 2001 Pathfinder just hit 51K miles too and the CD changer is jammed --- again! Already replaced the original unit under B2B warranty over a year ago for the same problem. No wonder Nissan is beginning to use Rockford-Fosgate on their new vehicles. Seems like someone at Bose/Nissan knew that this CD changer is a problem.

Pathfinder Mike
Unregistered guest
I too have a 2001 pathfinder with the same issue. I did some research at several audio places and online was told the same thing from all sources.
"You will find this problem with ALL multi disk changers, regardless of make". The mechanism is quite intricate and prone to this type of issue. (Notice there are very few around these days? ever wonder why?)
I agree with many who have posted here and will not spend any more money on trying to get the issue fixed. I'm currently looking into getting an aftermarket changer from BestBuy (10 Disk Sony or 12 Disk JVC) The Sony comes in at $166 and you can opt in for a 4 year maint. at an additional $40. This thing plays mp3 as well so your at a total library of over 1000 songs! Not a bad option I think. Any comments are very welcome.
Link to system http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=4465698&type=product&id=1051384093 078

Pathfinder Mike
Unregistered guest
Just found something quite funny at edmunds.com Tagline reads "Top 10 Sound Systems in Cars Under $30,000 for 2002"

The dreaded Bose system we are all crying the blues over was rated at #4 overall. This is a snip of the article.

4. 2002 Nissan Pathfinder (Bose)
No, we're not a shill for Nissan or Bose, and no, they're not slipping us something on the side. We just think they do a great job in the audio area. In our recent SUV comparison test, this one tied with the Chevy TrailBlazer for top stereo honors. The system boasts 150 beefy watts, an in-dash six-disc CD changer and six speakers."

Here is the article http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/audio/articles/55745/article.html

Priceless.

Louisville, Kentucky
Unregistered guest
I have the same problem with my '01 Pathfinder w/ 56K miles now...I'll go the Best Buy/Circult City route and save my time fighting with the dealership or Bose...thanks for all of the notes to let me know it is NOT just an isolated changer problem...clearly a classic manufacturer's defect...how it can be ignored is ridiculous!

Anonymous

We should all make a seperate complaint to the BBB. Bose has to respond then. Most companies recall crappy production and replace it with better parts, etc. Anyone in?

HeathM17
Unregistered guest
I am so annoyed as well by Err 2!! My 2001 Pathfinder's Bose CD changer showed this error after about 67,000 miles. Something needs to be done as I thought I was investing in a quality sound system as well. I'm buying an IPOD...

Anonymous

yah i am having the same problem on my 2001 pathfinder and i got the bumper to bumper warenty and they still said that it would cost a 1000 dollars to get it fixed, that it is a internal failure and said it would be best to go to best buy and get a new one

Anonymous

http://www.carstereohelp.com/nissanBose01.htm this place said they will repair the radio for 275 and give you a one yr warrenty with it and it gives removal instructions all u hav to do it ship it to them

Anonymous

Here's some other links:
http://www.johnson-electronic.com/pages/1/index.htm
http://www.willmanselectronics.com/default.htm
http://www.shareamemory.com/radio/#Nissan%20Pathfinder

dayton, ohio
Unregistered guest
yeah ive had the same problem with my 01 pathfinder i called up clarion and they said send it in with a letter saying whats wrong and we'll fix it for your for i believe it was somewhere between $110 and $120 and i got it back and it worked for a few weeks and then it started acting up clarion gives a 90 day warranty so i sent it back and i guess they fixed it and it worked for a day and it started acting up. so i have no idea what to do

Username: Strongbow

I just bought a 2001 Qx4 and have this same freakin' problem. My courses of action 1) email bose and complain - ask for replacement 2) Take the player out as suggested above and beat on it 3) if neither above work file a complaint with the BBB 4) buy an aftermaket player (which not sure how will go since Bose's website says that won't work due to the amplifier)

I suggest everyone else emails Bose and if no action is taken to file a complaint with the BBB. (I had to do this a few years ago with a Rio Mp3 player that was defective and they woudln't help me until I did the BBB thing, then I got a new one)

Anonymous

Here's an interesting thought:

Is this Bose/Clarion 6 CD changer only available on Nissan/Infiniti vehicles?

And is the 2001 model year the only year having problems?

If not, are others having issues also?

xtiger
Unregistered guest
I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE also and I'm getting the exact same problem. It sits there and seems like it's trying to grasp the spinning cd but it sounds like its slipping. It keeps doing this until an ERR message appears. I severly disappointed in Bose right now. They should fix this for free.

Username: Mikenau

I just had the same problem this weekend. A simple search on google & google groups reveals there are a ton of people experiencing the same issue. I like the idea of contacting Nissan, Bose, & Clarion about this issue. There's no doubt they already know about it, but if we all contact the same recipient (email, address, phone etc...) it would be more effective. Also, it sounds like mentioning the BBB in the complaint may be a good idea.

Does anyone have contact info for Nissan, Bose, and\or Clarion?

Unregistered guest
Here is info on Clarion:

Clarion Corp. of America
661 West Redondo Beach Blvd. Gardena, California 90247-4201
Customer Service: 800-347-8667
New & Existing Dealers: 310-327-9100
Phone: 800-GO-CLARION (462-5274)
Phone: 310-327-9100 (MAIN)
Fax: 310-327-1999

I called them to see what the low down is. They said you can send it to them to get it fixed and they would give you a 90day warranty. If you bring it to Nissan and they send it to them then Nissan gives you a year warranty. I asked what their success rate has been on fixing the CD changers and they said that I would have to contact Nissan to get that answer. It is a line to call to complain about Nissan defective parts. The number is 1-800-647-7261.
They asked for my VIN number (which I have to call them back with), I am the only owner of the vehicle but they could not find me in the system. They told me that if this is a widespread issue that Nissan would send out a recall and fix the issue. If you have this issue please call 800-647-7261 and complain. Otherwise they won't do anything. Since this is a new issue with vehicles reaching 50-70K it could take a bit before they issue anything. But the more calls the better.
When I call back with my VIN number she said that they could look up to see if Nissan had issued anything as of yet.
I would strongly recommend that if you have this issue that you send a letter to the Nissan Corporation. You must contact Nissan 3 occasions to get it resolved. Then if nothing is done you can file with the BBB.

Username: Jfsharp

Her's an interesting device.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundauxniss.html

To quote "The Soundgate AUX-NISS auxiliary input converter allows you to directly connect any external audio device into the left and right RCA inputs of the AUX-NISS, using the CD changer port on the rear of the factory radio. Simply plug in the audio from an iPod, MP3 player, video system or virtually any external audio source directly into your factory radio to achieve the highest sound quality available."

I'm considering it rather another CD changer. I've got an iRiver H320 (similar to an iPod) that, with this, I can connect directly - I think.

Unregistered guest
I have the exact same problem after 50K miles on 01 pathfinder. Went to best buy and tried to install Kenwood unit that can play MP3 and IPOD. Bestbuy told me that there's additional $120 installation charge because the BOSE amplier is not compatiple with any commercial cd unit, they need to rewire everything. This sucks! Has anyone else had success of installing a different CD unit without paying this $120 charge?

Post Number: 4
I can't find it now but Cruthfield has a nissan/infiti bose adapter for $40 that works with existing bose amps. I would suggest getting a double din until, pioneer makes a nice one that pays mp3/wma for under $300. My problem is that my bose head unit isn't square, it is angled on the right side. This appears to be just in my infiniti qx4. Pathfinder looks like a normal double din size.

Arizona Matt
Unregistered guest
Same problem here on my QX4 with about 68K miles (sound familiar?). So much for a high quality car stereo on a luxury vehicle. Sounds like there is no easy solution. I'm going to see if I can get my iPod connected...easier than CD's anyway.

Username: Joeyb

I am joining the crowd but my changer went out when I had 33000 miles... I bought my Nissan brand new in Puerto Rico shipped it to the states in 2003 somewhere between 03 - 04 the ERR2 message appeared... We need to raise some hell... Thanks for the numbers. I will burn up the phone lines calling those bass-tards until I get it fixed...

CO
Unregistered guest
I called the number that aimongto gave for Nissan. They said that if enough people call they may be able to do something about it. GOOD LUCK

x420x
Unregistered guest
Not surprisingly, I have the same problem too, 60,000-65,000 miles. Ridiculous. Absolutely. Has everyone been able to retrieve their cds, or are they lost (I might trying the beating the shiite out of it to get my cds). Maybe I'll put a TV in there and replace the whole unit. Call and complain and you might even get a date with the lady you talk to(if its a lady, and if you're a guy, or a lsbian, and she's a lsbian too). Anyways, keep your reference # and that's your proof you called and complained in case of a recall. Im going to take mine to Nissan dealer b/c I have extended warranty. I'll see what these rat-blastards are gonna tell me and post it here.

JohnBOY6565
Unregistered guest
I just got the same problem and it sucks! I'm under warrenty so hopefully they'll replace it for nothing. I don't want to get a new head unit which sounds like the best alternative.

BFD
Unregistered guest
Lucky me, I just got the ERR2 message on my 2001 Pathfinder with ~36K miles. I've logged my complaint with Nissan.

burned
Unregistered guest
And yet another one here.

Anonymous

Another one bites the dust - 62K.

Unregistered guest
my 01 nissan pathfinder, 63k, ERR2 today. i was listening to cds all day, during a long drive. i ejected one cd, put in a new one, and kaboom, ERR2. now i cant get any of my cds out, and no cd will play. i will start my quest tomorrow, ive got bumper to bumper coverage, and a good friend that has a nissan dealership. lets see how it goes....

Anonymous

Follow through with the complaint to
Nissan and Clarion/Bose too. Enough complaints should lead to them fixing it, if you can stand the wait.

Nissan #: 1-800-647-7261

Hailey
Unregistered guest
Lost another one too... 63K

SteveHS
Unregistered guest
I just lost mine (57000) - filed a complaint and was told "too bad - get a new CD changer" in so many words. They even told me initially they never heard of this problem!! Call 800-647-7261 press option 7 to report complaint to nissa - I also placed one with the Better Buisness Bureau - and now I will go buy a new CD player as I have no other option..

hotdawg
Unregistered guest
I read somewhere that you could try reseting the system by disconnecting from the battery or disconnecting power from behind the disc changer for at least 30 seconds. I haven't tried it yet but I'm gonna before I shell out a grand to get it replaced. I'll update later...

Side note: Infiniti, Bose, Clarion, and such are all on my $hit list.

hotdawg
Unregistered guest
I read somewhere that you could try reseting the system by disconnecting from the battery or disconnecting power from behind the disc changer for at least 30 seconds. I haven't tried it yet but I'm gonna before I shell out a grand to get it replaced. I'll update later...

Side note: Infiniti, Bose, Clarion, and such are all on my $hit list. I should've went with Lexus

psssd off
Unregistered guest
Infiniti has a different complaint line 1-800-662-6200. Have your VIN# ready.

ticked chick
Unregistered guest
My '01 with 39k just went err2 this week. Thought the sales guy at Best Buy was jerking me around because i am a woman, but alas, here are more than 50 2001 owners with the same issue.

Will be buying a new stero and not bothering with Nissan or Bose.

path01
Unregistered guest
My second factory CD changer model CE018 failed again this week with the ERR2 message. All CD's ejected, but it won't play. My first factory CD changer failed at 20k mi. The second failed at 38k mi. I contacted the dealership and they referred me to Nissan Consumer Affairs. I have sent them written correspondence but have not received a reply yet. That's two failed CD changers in two years. The Clarion CE018 has to be a defective product. I'm looking into buying an after-market CD/tuner unit. Does anyone know if an after-market CD/tuner unit will still work with the remote volume controls on the steering wheel for a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder?

shawndoggy
Unregistered guest
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5801231821%26&sspagename= STRK%3AMESE%3AIT%26

Selling my WORKING unit on ebay.

Trainman
Unregistered guest
Happened on my 02 at about 70,000 km (I live in Canada). Nissan Canada will replace the unit with a Clarion for about $220 plus install as a good will gesture. Not sure how long the Clarion will last!

For more info on Pathfinders, try the Nissan Pathfinder Offroad Association forum at http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php

Disgusted1
Unregistered guest
Same problem. Called Nissan and they said if enough people called to complain, they may eventually issue a recall. Chances are they won't do anything until it's too late to help any of us, but if nothing else, you can annoy the crap out of a Nissan employee like I did. Does anyone know the answer to the question about whether an after-market unit will work with the controls on the steering wheel?

the_jaguar
Unregistered guest
I have a 01 pathfinder and I have been having this problem for a while now. It is very irritating..
I will call Nissan and lodge a complaint.
I have been using an iPod with an FM transmitter in the meanwhile(that is the saving grace!)

xtiger
Unregistered guest
Well, I tried unplugging the power from the stereo and hooking it back up and that doesn't work. I'm still getting ERR2 even with all my cds out of the player. People need to keep registering the problem with Nissan so they will recall them.

smauri88
Unregistered guest
You think that I have the same problems: car without guarantee and disc changers jammed. I am in Italy and here don't exist centers of assistance... sorry for my English

Post Number: 5
Complained to infiniti consumer reports, what a joke. They kept trying to give the same line over and over about to report it to the dealer. What good would that do? Its not under warranty. Very frustrated, I might try the Aux In adapter for a $100 and use an mp3 player, but did hear some complaints of engine noise with that. I might also get an estimate for an entire new aftermarket system. What a pain!

Anonymous

I've got 01 Pathfinder LE. Same Err 2 problem at 65k. I think Nissan should recall this.

Anonymous

1999 Pathfinder, same stupid problem - there should be a class-action suit againt them, these things suck and are breaking way too easily.

nater921
Unregistered guest
Wow, at least I am not alone. My 2001 Pathfinder has 57K and it has the Err2 message as well. Not to mention 6 of my favorite cds stuck in it, damn it!!! I will most likely go the ipod route. Does anyone know if you can use an ipod adapter (like a neo) with this head unit as most of the adapters require you to disconnect the cd changer anyway???

Anonymous

My 2001 Pathfinder LE Bose 6 disk changer is FUBAR at ~65K miles. It reports "Err 2" after considerable clicks. It won't play, nor eject, not even holding down the eject button which should eject all. 6 good disks, 1 bad changer. Bad Nissan, Bad, Bad! I'm surviving on IPod via fm transmitter. I will call Nissan and also lodge the complaint plus BBB and the local dealer.

rickdwu
Unregistered guest
2001 Pathfinder SE. 47500 miles. Same Err 2 problem.

I knew in 2002 they 'upgraded' to a different Bose 6CD changer. Maybe at that time they already knew about that. Talking about shady business!!!

RHA
Unregistered guest
I have the same issue on my 2001 Pathfinder LE. Tried to remove and bang on it with no luck. I'm going to call Nissan and send them the link to this discussion so they know what's happening.

Trainman
Unregistered guest
Quote from rickdwu:
"Posted on Saturday, September 03, 2005 - 09:30 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2001 Pathfinder SE. 47500 miles. Same Err 2 problem.

I knew in 2002 they 'upgraded' to a different Bose 6CD changer. Maybe at that time they already knew about that. Talking about shady business!!!"

Look at my post above, happens on 02 and up as well. Only change is that I can get my CD's out when it goes ERR 2 (so far!)

Anonymous

same problem... now using an external mp3 player w/ a cassette adaptor. had to take the changer completely apart to get my cds out, but oh well. i replaced it with a box i made from plastic model styrene and felt (http://www.marcworks.com/temp/PIC00016.JPG)

Unregistered guest
Same prob. '01 changer dead at 42k. I will call and complain tomorrow. Thanks for the info guys.

Unregistered guest
mines gone at 71000 on my le pathfinder guess im going to have to re-wire the enitre system. anyone have any ideas or have you heard about the scosch adapter for aftermarket head units

J-houston
Unregistered guest
Can anybody tell me a replacement CD player that will plug into the Factory Radio???? (single or multi-disc).

DallasAreaUser
Unregistered guest
I have a 01 Pathfinder. At 47.5K - same Err2, so far it seems like my extended Nissan Warranty will cover it. Let's see....

RHA
Unregistered guest
I just called Nissan and provided them this dicussion link, he did verify it, and send it on to management. Maybe it'll do some good.

Unregistered guest
Man am I glad I found this thread. Having the very same ERR2 problem with my Bose 6 disc changer. Stopped in at dealership to see if they were aware of the problem. They said no. To get it fixed: $500 to pull and ship to Bose, or $1,800-2,000 for a new one.
The cost sounded ridiculous to me, especially if I was to find out others were having this very same problem ... And here I find you guys! Mines a 2001 Pathfinder(bought used Dec. '04) with 60K.
See all you out here suffering as me is making me call both Bose and Nissan.

Unregistered guest
My 2001 QX4 6 CD Changer just bit the ERR2 problem this week. I've been researching iPod connection products. For those interested, the most promising direct connect products I've found are: Monster's iCruze, USA Spec PA11-NIS, Soundgate AUX-NISSv2 and NEO ION. The Soundgate and iCruze are now available for Nissan/Infiniti; the other two to be available soon (supposedly). Anyone used these or know of another product to consider?

J-houston
Unregistered guest
Yeah, mine died too - I'm considering hardwiring an AUX jack to plug in my mp3 player. Does Anybody know the wiring layout for the plug where the old cd changer is plugged in???????

Unregistered guest
I'm interested in the wiring setup, too. One store told me they "thought" all the wires were behind the dash, making it simple if I wanted to install a new stereo. Then another store tells me the Bose system is interconnected throughout the Pathfinder and I have to change out EVERYTHING(ie stereo/speakers).
Which store knows the truth?
Has anyone here changed out their bose?

Unregistered guest
Anyone looking to ditch their CD Changer and go to an iPod direct connection? The NEO ION is NOT available yet but could be available sooner if enough people inquire. It appears to be the best solution because you can control an iPod from your radio controls and the iPod itself. Check it out at http://www.mp3yourcar.com. If you like it, write to them.

Unregistered guest
Oops, I meant to say that the NEO ION is not available for Infiniti QX4 and Nissan Pathfinder yet. It is available for most other vehicles (darn it). The video on the website (http://www.mp3yourcar.com) gives you an idea how to connect this product or similar product to the factory stereo. It might also give you an idea of what it would take to replace the factory CD Changer with an aftermarket changer.

dayton, ohio
Unregistered guest
i went to best buy and circuit city and asked them about installing a new aftermarket cd player and they told me its going to be $250 for installation and then im going to have to replace all of my speakers so i did a little research online and found and amplifier adapter thing by scosche heres the link http://www.crutchfield.com/S-wE3E8KqKuWJ/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=142C4NN03
i asked the guy on their chat and he told me its easy to install and will sound great so i ordered a jvc headunit and this adapter ill let you guys know how it sounds

path01
Unregistered guest
After the CD changer on my 2001 Pathfinder failed with the ERR2 message for the second time in two years, I contacted the Nissan dealer and Nissan Consumer Affairs. They both said they have not heard of any complaints regarding the CD changer on the Pathfinder. Either they are denying it or not enough people have complained. They said they cannot help me because my Pathfinder is out of warranty. The dealer said it will cost about $400 to send the unit for repairs, or over $1200 to replace the unit. Two failed CD changers in two years is just unacceptable. It's a shame Nissan won't stand behind the products they put in their cars. Here's the address for Nissan Consumer Affairs:

National Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 191
Gardena, CA 90248
(800)NISSAN1

Username: Johnny_o

I too have the same problem: CD's stuck in changer. My pathfinder has 47K miles. I called the dealer and they want $285 to remove the player. Then they will send it in for repair at an undisclosed cost. Based on the feedback from this thread, it sounds like a temporary fix.

Today I called Nissan consumer affairs for resolution. They took a report, said that there are no recalls on this particular issue and that they will look into it. I will keep the board posted.

I've had issues in the past with the Pathfinder and Nissan resolved my issues to total satisfaction. I have faith in their customer service. Hopefully we all can get this resolved with minimal frustration/cost.

jrwhetse
Unregistered guest
Same problem here. 2001 pathfinder just hit 50k miles. Err2 disc reads. Ridiculous

Nissan contacted me today and suggested that I take the Pathfinder in for dealer inspection. My response was that this was a known issue and I would be charged @$285 just for the removal of the CD player. Their response was that the dealer is their eyes and ears and that Nissan can't do anything until the dealer sees the issue.

Additionally I was told that Nissan is not obligated to do anything because the car is out of the warrantee period. My response was that this was a common problem experienced by many and reminded the Nissan affairs person to look at this thread. The response was that they look at each situation on its own.

I will take the car to the dealer, have the service manager look at the CD player, verify that the cd's are stuck and that the message reads ERR2.

It doesn't make sense to pay all that money to have the service center remove the player because they won't service it, they'll just send it out for repair

My suggestion is that I remove and return the component to whomever and they fix or replace the component at a reduced rate or no-charge.

We'll see how this evolves.

neeraj
Unregistered guest
I can't believe there are so many others who have had this problem!

Mine went err2 at 37000 miles, of course just out of the warranty period. I was just about to pay the $275 to get it fixed but what's the point if it is going to happen again.

What's the number to call to complain, and try to get a recall??

Unregistered guest
well i talked to a lady from bose corp last night who is looking to put in a work order for parts and replacement. she was talking about a recall ill let you guys know

Dave Bar
Unregistered guest
I'll jump on the bandwagon. My 01 Pathfinder LE has joined your gang of ERR2 Changers. Very frustrating. Anyone in Monmouth / Ocean NJ with the same problem? Maybe we can gang up on our local dealer. I purchased their extended warranty up to 100K miles. We'll see if that covers the changer. I'll let you all know

John Pannozzo
Unregistered guest
This is hilarious! Nissan isn't acknowledging a problem. I will cut and paste every one of these postings and send it to them. Then see what they have to say.
Stay tuned....
I'm not happy driving a $45,000.00 vehicle with a Dollar Store cd changer.
Nisssan should be ashamed of themselves!

CV
Unregistered guest
I have 2002 Pathfinder no error message, but cds skips and stop playing all the time

dayton, ohio
Unregistered guest
hey guys i put the cd player in with the adapter from crutchfield and it sounds great. that damn cd changer from nissan would have done the job but paying to get it fixed and it dying on me is not worth it.

Post Number: 3
I've noticed that there has been quite a few new incidences of the ERR2 problem with the Pathfinder's CD player...

It seems that I have been fortunate in that I may ultimately get my issue resolved. I contacted Nissan consumer affairs office and reported my problem. (See earlier posts)

I was told to take the car in to have a service tech check it out so I did. I took my car in to the Nissan dealer where I bought the car to have the oil changed and to have them document the ERR 2 problem. After a two and a half hour wait I became restless so I approached the service rep.
He said that the oil change had been completed, they had washed my truck and they were currently discussing how to resolve the CD issue.

A half hour later the service rep approached me and said that he was going to order another CD player and that they were going to install it at no cost. This sounded too good to be true so I asked him to repeat his solution.

Sure enough-"going to order the CD player, call you when it comes in and install it free" he said.

I was delighted to hear these words. Then he gave me some additional feedback on the 27-point inspection.

The next day Nissan consumer affairs contacted me via followup call and inquired about my dealer visit. I communicated what had transpired and I committed to followup with them once the transaction was completed or if it fell through.

So now I am waiting for the player to come in.

I'll keep you posted.

FYI, this particular Nissan dealer has always resolved any issues to complete satisfaction although it sometimes took more than one try.

As posted earlier the Corporate Nissan number is 800-647-7261 option 7.

bobpathy
Unregistered guest
Also have a 2001 Pathfinder (65000 miles). Called Clarion and they will fix for 110.00. The radio has to be shipped to:

Clarion Corp. of America
661 West Redondo Beach Blvd. Gardena, California 90247-4201
Customer Service: 800-347-8667
New & Existing Dealers: 310-327-9100
Phone: 800-GO-CLARION (462-5274)
Phone: 310-327-9100 (MAIN)
Fax: 310-327-1999

Will let the forum know how I make out

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help