My New System, Wiring And Help Please

Bronze Member
Username: Audiosaab

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 84
Hey,

~I have a Q-logic Dual subwoofer box with two Alpine Type R 12" 1500w 4ohm subwoofers wired for a 1ohm stable setup within the box and both subs mounted using provided screws and what not....

~I also have a Hifonics Brutus 1606D mono amp which as many may know can power 1600rms at a 1ohm stable state...

~I was wondering a few things in regards to this setup, first off would be, how am i supposed to wire the amp to the box, the box has a positive and negative speaker terminal on each side obviously, unfortunately i am unsure how to run the wires from the amp to the box so that each subs can run at 1ohm a.k.a 700ish rms watts on each sub considering the amp brand not being a typical full capacity rms pusher....

~Also, i was curious as to how to run the wire from the amp to the speaker terminals seeing as how i only have 1 speaker wire from my old sub (a crappy "Dual" brand bandpass subwoofer box which had only one terminal to power both subs) which connects from the amps positive to positive and negative to negative and am unsure if i need to separate the wire into two and wrap it with electrical tape so that the wire can run to each speaker terminal on the box or, if im supposed to buy a 2nd speaker wire and just place that on top of the other when screwing it into the amp and run each one to its own terminal (mind you the terminals are on each side of the box)....

~Lastly i was curious if buying a capacitor, being a 3-fared one would be worth while for this setup....

Thanks for the help, sorry i have so much in here but i tried to at least separate it all for yall.

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 85
Guess noone is on tonight, ill check it tommrow or so...im looking to get this all wired up this week before i go back to college so thanks for the help if possible :-)

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1302
So saying you have it wired to 1ohm I assume you have dual 4ohm subs?

Your other box only had one terminal cup because the subs were already wired for a certain ohm load inside the box.

You don't need a capacitor, but you may want to look into a bigger alternator. Even though that amp won't put out much more than 1400rms.

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 86
Yeah ive already got a HO alternator in my favorites for my Saab so worst comes to worst judging the punch the system gives ill buy it....and thanks for the help on the old subs, i figured as much on it.....yeah i have 2x 4ohm alpine type R's and yes i have it wired to 1 ohm but eitherway as for the wiring process what should i do?

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 88
help please :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us