RCA Input Output IDK what to title this

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2427
It's really late and i should be in bed instead of posting but....

would i notice a large SQ loss if i ran an RCA from my HU to my Nine.4 Input and then like a 2 foot RCA from the Nine.4 Output to the Nine.1 Input?

I think this because I think I'm getting an EQX meaning I'd only need to run one RCA to the EQX and then like two 2-foot RCAs to both my Nine.1 and Nine.4....

^^that's my eventual plan so I only wanna do one RCA for now. Am I thinking right (does the EQX only need one input RCA and then and output RCA to both amps) or does the EQX need 2 Input RCAs and two output RCAs.

I hope i'm making at least a little sense

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2428
also, if i did the first thing (with no EQ) would my Nine.4 be my "master" and the Nine.1 the "slave" or soemthing along those lines?

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2430
no one?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3627
It requires one rca input from the front. Then it has different outputs. Lowpass, full range, etc etc.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5762
you wont notice anything

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16807
the eqx has 1 input and separate output for the sub and hpf. you won't need to run it like that.

but like mat said, if you did, you wouldn't notice anything.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5420
You will not lose any SQ by doing that. The amplifiers RCA outs put out the exact same signal that went in, it is not affected by any of the settings on the amp. To do that would have to run an RCA cable from the HU's full range outputs to your full range amp (nine.4), and then from there to your sub amp (nine.1).

What you WILL lose by going that route (opposed to having 2 RCAs run from the HU) is the abaility to adjust subwoofer level from the HU, if your HU has that, or anything else specific to the HUs sub outputs.

Let me know if that don't make sense I havin a tough time explaining it..........

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2431
well would i lose the ability to control my subwoofer from my HU if i got a eqx and ran one RCA to the EQX and then from there, one to each amp?

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2432
up

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5431
yes

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 180
i had 1 rca from the HU and then another from the sub amp to the speaker amp and i had a nasty whine on my speakers. i recently just ran the 4 channel rca's to my 4channel and no more whine and more adjustability from the HU.

run 2 rca's from the HU. 1 to each amp.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2433
well, how would i go about wiring up my EQ then. i want to have full controls from my HU and i think the EQX only has 1 input?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5445
You just won't be able to adjust sub level from the HU...... maybe you can get a remote level control for the EQ? Or maybe for your sub amp? Just be careful that it's not a bass boost knob, some are.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us