MOSFET help

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1686
I'm clueless about this stuff but I need 8 mosfets and when I look on them I see:

IRF3205
1(funny lookin symbol)509K
8F 8C

What do I need to look for when buying new ones? Will anyone that says "IRF3205" work or what? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7425
u got to replace them all not only the ones that looks damaged...

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1687
So you are saying that, even though the ones with the arrow are the only burnt ones, all the ones circled have to be replaced?Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 7427
that is the output supply so u gotta replace them all... is a class d circuitry so the parts MUST MATCH class d have very lil tolerance...

is better for you to change the output section too... the other rows of mosfets they might look new or fine but they might be internally damaged

Gold Member

Post Number: 7428
it looks like a kicker amp is it?

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1688
yeah zx750.1

Gold Member

Post Number: 7430
why dont u send it to kicker??? they repaired my kicker kx2500.1 for 112 including free shipping because i received blown wiht no warranty..

u should do that... or buy the EXACT parts if u replace one mosfet u must replace them all that are the same part number

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1689
"all that are the same part number"

OK thats better. Thats what I thought. I was going to do that and you said all so I was worried. I pulled all of the same part number... If I do it myself it will cost about 25 bucks all said and done and I'm a cheap azz. haha

Gold Member

Post Number: 7431
well how much u wanna beat just chaging the mosfets yourself is gonna end up costing double or triple than 25 bucks?? is not just that bro there are sometimes parts that look brand new but went damaged because of the mosfets went bad.... u can change them and then try it back and its gonna blow again if you didnt check other parts.... u should sent that amp to a profesional

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3175
I(think)you also get a 90day warranty if Kicker repairs it.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1303
"there are sometimes parts that look brand new but went damaged because of the mosfets went bad...."

That is true. The whole board could have gone bad because of that.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1690

Well I already have it apart. I will try it and if it screws up I will send it off or get a new one. I already have the mosfets out...

Gold Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1184
If you repair yourself, be careful because some are power mosfets and some are amplifier mosfets. Just be careful when you replace to make sure you use the cvorrect kind of mosfet... JMO

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1694
see thats what I need to know. I am CLUELESS about this stuff. Completly clueless
Will these work?
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=mLGruWOCTdGsMYrGdtnHEQ%3d%3d

Gold Member

Post Number: 7434
your gonna fu-cked it up more man.. plus the driver board could be damaged its alil board that controls the switching of the mosfets
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us