Please help

Username: Ska

Post Number: 2
Hello,

I just bought a treo ssi 10.44 and i have paired it with a kicker zx750.1 amp (940 rms). The sub is wired down ot 2ohms. my power wire is 4awg along with my ground, the speaker wire is about 10awg. gwound is unobstructed. The fuse on the power wire is 100amp, the kicker has 2 40 amp fuses. My HU is an alpine 9883

My cousin and i installed the amp sub and deck and we have tripple checked all the wires and everything. Right after we installed the sub and amp, we drove about 3 miles to an in-n-out and ate lunch, then on the way back home, i turned up the volume and the pop,the sup just turned off. we turned the volume down and then it turned back on, and it kept doing this...

once we got home we looked at the amp and everytime the sup would turn off the amps power/saver mode light would turn red...

All my stuff was brand new and we've gone into several shops and no one knows what were talking about, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Some of my friends say its too much power for the sub but i know thats not the case

Post Number: 7
bump

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2689
Hows the gain set?

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2009
Did you set the gain properly? That could definitely be a problem. Your amp is going into protect mode.

Post Number: 9
the gain is set at the pre volt on the HU 4v, or as close as i could eye ball it to that, wevt messed with all the knobs on the amp and nothing works :-(

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2011
Well, some how or another it sounds like you fried it.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2690
Do you have a solid ground? Take a DMM and measure the voltage at the amp and see how your voltage is doing. You shouldnt have a problem with that much power, but you never know.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
our ground is workings fine along with all the other things...

I was messing around with the main power fuse with my car running and my head lights flashed 3 times...? my truck is a chevy colorado extended cab, has anyone heard of this problem before?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12413
"I was messing around with the main power fuse with my car running and my head lights flashed 3 times...?"

Why would you do that?????

Really??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
because my cousin's friend said he was having the same problem and he changed the fuse then his system worked perfectly, so i thought that there was a bad connection with the fuse...

FYI as long as you don't touch a ground, a power cable wont hurt you

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 672
true but you have to think you have a second ground on that wire its in the trunk did you forget about that i have once or twice and accidetly started my car with out the keys also check the fuses on the amp they could be blown if so change them the amp might work after you do that buy a dmm go to
subwoofertools.com use the gain setting program on the site and set your gains accordingly

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
yea the amp fuses were the first things i checked...

I didn't think about the ground in on the amp, oops lol

We have gone over everything about 3-4 times now and still everything SEEMS to be perfect, but there must be something were missing or do you think that the amp is just bad?

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 676
is the amp powering on??????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
yea, we figured it out, it was the power fuse. the guy that had the truck before rigged the fuse to fit, so it was actually shakeing and losing connection, i zip tied the fuse into place untill i can get a real power wire
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us