Need Ideas on wiring subs to amp

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1410
Well I can't decide on how to wire my subs up to my box. I need to have the wired to a .5ohm load (dual 2ohm each)...

I would have like to have the bolts on the top of the box, but there is less than 1" from the top of the box to the top of my trunk.

The only way I can think of setting this up is having 8 bolts (4 per sub) on either the side of the box, or the back of the box. I could then use speaker wire and ring terminals to wire the subs on the outside of the box down to .5ohm. Or I could run the wire through the front of the port...lol

Does anyone have an easier idea for doing this? As I am sure there would be another way....this way would require a lot of wire and ring terminals (24 ring terminals).....and I don't like that!

Thanks!

Heres what I mean:
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12767
how about using no bolts or terminals & just drill a few holes passing ur wire through & sealing it from inside ....

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1411
Rovin my MAN, I like that idea! So simple, yet so beautifull!

Then I can keep all the wires inside the box, and wire the subs down to .5 a the sub rather than before...You rock,

Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5370
That's how I do it...... drill holes, run wire through, seal with silicone selant........

Gold Member

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1412
Thanks guys, this make my job of wire management WAY easier!!

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12369
Here's a trick that's as old as me lol. Tie a knot in the wire inside the box b4 you seal it up. Pull it until the knot hits the inside of the box. It will prevent it from slipping through in case you pull on it.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12787
let me share a secret i use

http://www.lyco.co.uk/products/15-Amp-Strip-Connector.htm?prodID=447

its actaully used to join house current wires but works well with car audio too

u drill 2 holes for the wires to come out & u attach the wires to this connector on the outside of ur box ...of course u still seal around the wires inside the box

this method allows u to join any length of wire u need & easily remove it too.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us