Orion 2500d

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 577
ok so i took your guys advice and ive been scowering ca.com for some quality stuff and i came upon a used 2500d for 350 shipped, is that a good deal?
has anyone had experience with this amp? will it hold a .5 ohm load daily? i think i may have found a good deal on some used SX's dut they are dual 2ohm coils so im really looking at an amp that will hold .5 ohms or put down around 2-3k watts at 2 ohms (probably not going to happen on my budget).

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12759
not sure if the price is a bargain but they r very solid amps ...a guy on here used to run it on 1\2ohm daily but his electrical upgrades were tops + he is an installer so he knows what he is doing

if u want to run 1\2 ohm then y not buy a capable 1\2 ohm amp like a mmats or 1 of those sundown amps ....

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Murray, Kentucky

Post Number: 2143
I had one of mine at ~.7ohm. Had it on a DD9918 (Dual 1.5). It worked solid, but I never had it hooked up long at all. I've had 3 of em, and all were very solid amps, but I also agree with rovin, y not just buy a .5ohm stable amp to start with and not take the risk?? Besides, 2500ds are kinda old now, and more than likely the one your gettin has been passed around quite a bit <<< the reason I'm not gettin another one for my next set up.
All that being said $350 is still a good price for a 2500d.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 578
yea i am looking for a amp that is stable at .5 ohm but its hard to find one that will put down a ton of power and be stale when your broke like me. however if i can get these 2 sx's for 280 shipped then i should have about 400 to spend on an amp.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3165
$350 is good for Orion 2500D so I would jump on that.

I would not buy any used subs unless you know the people you are dealing with. Now days no one runs the RMS power on the subs or they clip the fu(k out of them from not knowing what they are doing.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 580
true that then i should get that amp then? How likely is it that i am going to fry it since its used?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5366
That is a good amp, and good price...... IDK about 1/2 ohm though. You better have a HUGE electrical system to do that on any amp........

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 880
great price..i sold mine 2 months ago for 435 shipped on ca.com...who's selling you one?

.5 daily will be a lil harsh on it but it is still a very solid amp..only thing is theyre getting kinda old and theres no telling how many people b4 you have had it or whta they put you through.....it's alot of money to spend on something tha tyou dont know if it's got a week or 2 years of life left in it....good luck on your search though

also i had to have a h.o alt and 3 batts just to keep it from dropping below 12 volts...so make sure your ready for some shizt like that

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 881
i ran mine at 1 ohm daily

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 586
yea ill just have to keep looking for dual 4 ohm coils then.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2341
Why dont you just get 2 amps that do 1200-1500rms @ 1ohm?

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 590
because thats going to cost more $$$$. im on a pretty tight budget, but thats half of the fun hahaha.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us