Box design.. How much?

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 771
I'm looking for someone to design a custom box for the back of my 91 camaro. if anyone knows what the back of a camaro looks like, it's going to be a decently difficult box. that being said.. i want a ported box. i'm tired of my sealed box.

pretty much right now i'm just doing a feeler and seeing how much someone with a box building program would charge me to design this box. i just need the design, i will build it myself. if someone make me a good deal then i will talk details with them (measurements, tuning, etc.), but right now it's just a feeler.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 772
also, i have no idea how much this should cost, if anything, so no taking advantage of my stupidity.. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 173
"also, i have no idea how much this should cost, if anything, so no taking advantage of my stupidity.. lol."

i wouldn't of added that...lol

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 773
come on.. i know there are some box builders out there!

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1328
I could possibly design you a box if you have pics/dimensions.

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 1006
www.woodlawncabinetry.com

nick v could you design me a box for 2 10"??? i wud really appreciate it ive asked a couple ppl but they are usually busy

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1329
Dimensions and specs?

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 1012
uhh as far as dimesnions the smaller the better here are the specs its not much but this is what the sitte lists. these subs arent for me BTW
i want to go slot ported btw

250W Rms
500W Max
Single/Dual 4-Ohm Voice Coils
50 Oz. Single Magnet
Mounting Depth: 5.6"
Mounting Diameter: 9.2"
Optimum Vented Box: 175 Cu/Ft
Round Port Diameter: 4" x 9"
Square Port Area: 2.5" x 8" x 11.5"
Optimum Sealed Box: 1 Cu/Ft
Tuning @ 40Hz

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 774
Nick V. i will get you some pictures and dimensions as soon as i can. hopefully tonight. i'll shoot you a pm.

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1331
I dont check for PMs lol
Just add me on AIM
halo scripter

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 490
The 83-93 series Camaro/Firebirds have the same space area design details, I should know, built plenty of them.

Here's the design details if ya want to take a stab at building it:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/MrCabinetry/83-93%20Camaro-Firebird/83-93 CamaroBox-DA9010.jpg

BTW, the volume for the enclosure is around 2.25 cu.ft. total.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 775
That's exactly what i want to build.. but i'm looking to build it for one JL Audio 10w3v2. and i'd like to do ported, at about 33 hz. according to JL the optimum box size is 1.125 square feet. i was just wondering how hard it would be to port because of it's irregular size, or if it was even possible. i don't know too much about box building.. i'm sure it's showing lol.

here's the link the the JL specs if that helps. i'd like to take a stab at building it myself, i'm just looking for a design.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/8841.pdf

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 776
i suppose if i can't go ported i could always use your design and just cut it off somewhere in the middle so that i get 1.125 and that would work for my application. then i could mount the amp where the other hole is in that picture.. i'd say that would look pretty clean.

i know mounting the amp to the box ftl.. but i have no other room.

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 491
Well, the enclosure has the volume for the sub ya want to use ported and yes, putting a slot port within the design of this enclosure is a royal PITA to do, but, it can be done if ya got the skills and tools to put a slot port in it.

To tell ya the truth, since you only doing one 10" ported, just got with a 4" Aero Port and be done with it, with alittle creativity, you should be able to snake one in there.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 777
that's a really good idea, i didn't even think about using an aero port. hopefully i can do a little work on it this weekend.

i'm assuming that design you posted a few posts up is using 3/4" mdf? thanks for all your help. i'll make sure and post some pics when i get it finished.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us