1 12" FI Q HItting 140+ db?

Bronze Member
Username: Vash3000

Post Number: 92
Any of you have seen or heard 1 12" FI Q in a sealed that can hit 140 db? I know that it all depends on install, but just wondering if one Q can do that loud off a sealed. I read alot about how Q are supposedly be better in a small sealed box. Also I was wonderin if theres any sub out there that can beat the Q in terms of sq and spl? Also of course, Im looking within the price range as well.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2644
you already know its hard to give an answer for that.

the kinda car would help, and probably determine if it would really even be possible...

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2198
i had a 15 inch q sealed that did a 40.1 :-)

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2661
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282370&highlight=fi

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3514
if its in a hatchback then maybe...

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2317
I doubt youll hit 140dB. Sealed is in a whole different world when you think about SPL. When i had my 4 15"s i hit 152.5dB ported and 145-146 sealed with tones.

On the other hand when you do a sealed box usually you arnt looking for SPL, so why dont you just port it and tune fairly low to keep the sq?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
My trunk is too small, I can port the box, but then itll take up probably my whole trunk and on top of that I might need to remove my spare tire just to fit the amps as well. I can fit a 10" Q ported but only a 12" Q sealed. And there would be a difference between a 10" and a 12". I just want to see if any1 have heard of a 12" Q in a sealed that was loud.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5047
if you dont have room for a ported box buy some aero ports. its probably the best way of saving space and you will still be loud.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2663
Did you read the link I provided up there?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
Yea I read the link that you provided. Thanks for the link. Some guy did 140db or sumthing with only 600 watts. What are aero ports? im fairly new to the box building and only knows about the sealed and the slot ported. Any sites on how to do aero ports?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7522
that would be my brother and I with his audioque 2.5 12 he did 142.4 ported to 35 hz and just for the heck of it he put it in spl box (and sealed it up and hit 140. something db Im pretty sure) we also hit 136 db on 300 rms in a crx using a lanzar dc 12 (the real lanzar) sealed firing backwards with basicly no testing.....so 140 db sealed is possible with any half decent sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us