New box pics in blowthru

Silver Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 198
just some pics of the box i built this week for my p3 12s.no carpet or paint FTL its in my work truck so its ok.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 1098
nice job

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16754
nice looking box. mad props.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 720
So you did decide to use the P3's. Looks good. How do you like them?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3504
P3s FTL...

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 187
that's the funniest thing i've ever seen.

Bronze Member
Username: Trunkslayer

Fl US

Post Number: 22
Its nice to know that I am not the only Dad out there with Bump in the trunk.(diapers in pic)

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

4 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 829
Very nice!

Silver Member

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 199
thanks for the replies,ya they are not the best sq for sure,but they are pretty loud.ii got some port noise,i think its because i put a brace in .if you look at the pic w/ the sub sitting in the unfinised box,i ran a 2 in wide piec of mdf from front to back/or top to bottom looking at that pic.anyway its only about 3 inches from the port,may have to remove it.I think the maw,s would definatly walk on these,in sq.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1614
...and amplitude. You have room...

You know you want to.

Silver Member

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 200
ya but buying myself a day to work on a new box is almost impossible w/the family,3 boys and a wife.but ya the 15 maws will come 1 day.as long as they are sitting in my floor it'll be tempting.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3511
you should go with 10s and build a box that sits inside the hole for a better look and better sound

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5316
" that's the funniest thing i've ever seen. "

Wow you must have been around car audio a lot time, never seen a cut-through install......... dumbazz

Silver Member

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 201
ya Reece that was the plan when i cut the blow thru last year,but its been hard to think about going back down to 10s.although it would be a sweet finished look to have'em flush in the wall.Well I'll be back in about an hour,takin truck for test listen.I removed the braces in question for the port noise,and added some polyfill to try to soften the sound some.it was very boomy and gave me lots of rattles.Ive done this in the past and it seemed to help,so "I'll be back!shortly.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12740
looks ok....

Silver Member

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 202
ok.i type slow so may do this post then pour me a drink then finish up.well from a couple hours of play time the subs are comin around better than i thought they were gonna.box is tuned kinda high though.38hz according to re box calc.and it peaks out in the low 40s ,which surprised me cause my last 2 install in my truck peaked about 10 hz LOWER than tuning,like at 28hz,.so with the higher tuning i got lots of rattles i didnt know about and very little flex.at "normal"listening levels,the subs sound fine,nice low bass with decent sq.at higher volumes,the lows get muddy and the 38hz and up get crazy loud,not good,just loud.i pulled into a carwash bay and opened the door and let it rip on jeezy's "hypnotize".rattled the roof like crazy,and sounded loud in that small area,but my truck sounds exactly like the carwash rattling.not good.i guess if they were sealed the rattles wouldnt be as bad but the output wouldnt be the either.im just giving my first hand impressions and expirience with these subs because everybody said they were crap."and they were pretty much right"atleast for the price,there is definitly better.but i gottem cheap with the p1000bd amp so thats why i had to tryem.Goin from an AQ 2.5 15 ON a kx600.1 to 2 p3 12s on 1215 watts i thought would be an upgrade.not!but the amps got big ballzz.most power ive ran.subs just dont have the output.2 15s off this amp would most definatly slam,just thinkin for the future.so,after all that ramblin,im gonna get a drink,and admit again the haters were right about these subs.May be o.k. in a hatchback car but thats about it.

Silver Member

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 203
a few pics of my maw 15s"everybody loves pics"me to
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 204
prolly shouldve installed these instead of the p3s right?well a little domestic misunderstanding stood in the way of that thats why these are on the forsale thread.subs look beefy for the price though.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13516
"?well a little domestic misunderstanding stood in the way of that"

u didnt tell the wife u bought more stuff did u..lol

Silver Member

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 207
nope chauncey,howd you guess?lol

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5043
nice blow through although i dont see why of all the subs available you wasted your money on P3s. Nice Job though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
wow didn't c that coming from you m.s., you used to be one that I looked up to on these forums.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5052
"wow didn't c that coming from you m.s., you used to be one that I looked up to on these forums"

ROFL....did you get your feelings hert?

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
I would have replied sooner but I was drying my tears.

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
Hey what kinda wood is that you used, and did it come with rounded edges like that? I'm not a wood working pro, or novice..

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 233
Cool!! It looks good!!! I've done it several times, you need to make a better seal for the body is the main thing I see. flexibility, weather tight, and road noise are main concerns. If you take old tire tube, cut it in a 1/2 and rivit it over seal. I can go in detail if you want. Let me know! Thanks

Silver Member

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 208
yo dursky why is it so funny?and sodumm,its sealed as tight as it can be.Its an accordian boot that seals on the body side and the bed side,its a great thick rubber boot,oh the wood is 3/4 mdf,sanded edges with a "mouse" and painted the inside of box with polyurethane.Oh and drivin'I got the subs in a package deal with the amp. all new in box 07 models p1000-bd and both 12s for 375 shipped,so i didnt think i'd go wrong,the amp alone sells for that new on ebay and is 599 at bestbuy.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5330
Well, what is so funny about it?

It sounds like you were bashing his installation when it is actually pretty good.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5057
its a good install man no doubt about it. But still package deal or not i think you couldve gotten better equipment. more power to ya.

Silver Member

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 209
ya drivin,i kinda regreted it afterwards,but i figured if they didnt work out i could sell them,and get something else.not really a life changing desision so i figured what the heck.and they will be up for sale mostlikely,cheap too.probably putem on ebay if no one local wants them,but for now,it sound decent.will see if a local shop has a TL.its ok sealed up,but open a door or crack the windows and its over 140 for sure.i know thats outlaw or somethin but im just curious to the #s,will postem if i get it done.

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
hey I work durring the day, I can't sit on here and reply the instant someone else posts.

It's funny to me cuz I have never seen a "blow-through" install before. I wasn't trying to make fun of it, im sure he did a great job, it just fits into the realm of things that look funny to me. Just like the people that take out their back seats to fit a huge box in their trunk / back seat area, take a pic of it and I'll prolly laugh just from the visual effect.

On the verge of the vehicle being rendered useless for anything but producing big sound.

The cuts on the blow-through could have been straighter, lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
BTW you didn't answer my question about the wood you used and rounded edges.

and its D U R S K I

it's even spelled out for you on my posts, you have to work harder to mispell it.

For future ref. I don't think ima post my install pics on here when I do it, lol, I can already see the sh!t coming my way.

Silver Member

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 211
no the cuts are perfectly straight and rounded at the corners,you are seeing the ins and outs of the cab wall.and DURSKI...i cant speellll it any more planly,,again i said it is regular 3/4 MDF, i used a "MOUSE" to round the edges.And yes post your pics,all are interesting to me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
just givin ya some sh!t, ima go find out what a mouse is, ty

Silver Member

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 212
black and decker mouse sander,sorry i didnt clarify that.its an old one.its just a small palm sander.

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
Looks like my cheap as$ demel tool I have will work if I get some router bits. I like that smooth finish you have on yours.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1692
just get a roundover bit for the router. Works a he\_\_ of a lot easier.

Good lookin... Wish I could bring myself to doin one on the nissan but thats too much money to be cuttin like that on

Silver Member

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 213
ya i bet,my truck is 13 years old and got 177k on it,so its worth,,,ummm.nothing to anybody but me.I wouldnt cut a newer truck.I just used what i had.its worked out great for me,and the subs are actually coming to life now and playing much lower.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 223
good job looks good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us