Finally got it narrowed down

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 534
ok so ive been looking at some sub woofers now for a long time and as many of you know i have been trying to optimixe the spl out of my 3.78cube box tuned to 34.5hz w/36in of port. i am going to be running 2000-2300 rms depending on what amp i decide. but i want to make sure that there are no other last opinions about what i should get for this application.

as of now i am looking at 2 RE SX 12's. is there anything else that would work better for me than the SX's but not cost any more? i can get 2 SX's BNIB for 500 shipped which is 100 over my budget as of now, but i am willing to wait if thoes will be ideal.

Bronze Member
Username: Davidt487

Texas

Post Number: 82
i ordered a sx today to put that bxi to good use. i dont have the room for 2 though

Bronze Member

Texas

Post Number: 83
just an idea if your having trouble getting enough power why not try the se

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 537
i though you werent going to use that BXi. also the SX might not handle all 2000 of the watts that amp will be giving it. or did you get the dual 4 ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1372
because david he wants spl,the se is not built for spl

Bronze Member

Texas

Post Number: 84
its a lil overrated and ill just keep the gains ajusted to 1500 rms and im not using it right now and like you said its a lil much im thinking about down sizing

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 538
i just realized somthing how the hell am i supposed to fit a 0/1 gauge wire into my 4 gauge d-block??? damn that wire is gonna be a b1tch to run back too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1374
u can trim the end of wire.it will not hurt anythang

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 540
oh really thats good cuz ive never seen a d block that has 0/1 in with a 4ga and 0/1 out.

BTW i am going to get the PA A3000DB or possibly the kole or SPL variations which ever i can get a better deal on. So i am going to be looking at 2300 rms into 1 ohm.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13510
"So i am going to be looking at 2300 rms into 1 ohm."

Naw..around 1700-1800rms depending on ur electrical system

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 2647
How do you know this? where did you get your info from? I can show you birthsheets for a planet audio vx2200d which is the same board as the a3000db and it is not 1700-1800rms, its more like 2200rms at 13.0v. I can also show you on termpro where it was benched at a little above 2100rms. Either way, Its 2000rms for $300 shipped on ebay. Zac Davis also used these for comps and so have many others. To be honest, this is the only forum that I have seen talk sh!t about them.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13514
Dont get so offensive...

just because someone posts a birthsheet with writing on it, not straight from the manufacture..but clearly drawn in pen..does not seem accurate to me..I can do that with a pyle or pyramid amp, doesnt mean i actually tested it

also im a firm believer in the "watt is a watt" theory, so using this amps for comps would be cool in my book...

But i am also a believer in u get what you pay for so..if you wanna run these amps, and they are getting the job done more power to you..

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1859
if your friend has a 400 watt amp and you have a 500 watt amp then more power to you get it lol ;)

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 543
what will the lanzar OPTI2000D do for rms. it says its stable to .5ohms!!! but dosnt say its rms 2 .5ohms. it says its 1600 @ 1ohm. and it has 6 30 amp fuses.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1375
do not get kole or spl(junk)

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 546
the kole and spl that iwas considering use the same board at the PA A3000DB.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1384
if they use tthe same board and its cheaper get it

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 547
ye thats what i might do but this opti drive looks very intriguing to me becaus of its 180 amp fuse rating. anyone know what it will do @.5 ohms rms? it says its 1600 rms @ 1 ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3507
just because it's the same board doesn't make it the same amp. there is a lot more that goes into amplifiers than just the board

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3508
for example i have a niche NA6000D that has the same board as the Treo SSX 1500.1, but the treo is rated at 1500 RMS @ 1 ohm while my amp is 2400 @ 1 ohm

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 557
well in this case they are all rated at the same power and identical except for the housings. and besides if you go changing out components then it is no longer the same board. same lay out maybe but not the same board overall.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 560
no one has a bench test of the opti 2000d?

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1615
"u can trim the end of wire.it will not hurt anythang"

I dunno. If the distro block wasn't built to handle anything larger than 4 gauge, it's likely that it wasn't built to handle the current that could flow through the 0 gauge. Therefore, you might as well have used 4 gauge and it wouldn't have made that much of a difference. Those are my thoughts.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 561
a 4 gauge wire will burn up if im going to run at least 2000 rms. im just going to try trimming the 0 ga and obviously change out my old 80 amp fuse for a larger one depending on how many watts i am going to run. and if my d block breaks then i just buy one that as 2 0 ga outputs.

will 1 run of 0 gauge be able to supple 3500 watts? i have 1 foot of 0 gauge going into my d block and i will have 1 4ga and 1 0ga and i want to make sure that that oga going into the block isint going to fry on me. the 4 ga wire is for my interior speakers and 8 inch subs runnung about 1000 rms off that and the 0 ga will be for my new amp which may be as much as 2500 rms.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13521
"no one has a bench test of the opti 2000d?"

Maybe Optidriven??

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 573
yea the opti2000d is obviously opti driven.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2666
lol...optidriven is a guy on here who has alot of experience with those amps.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13522
^^^X2

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 574
ive heard that the ss rlp will be louder than the SX in my particular boX. what do you guys think?

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13523
what type of box is it?? all specs please

Gold Member

Post Number: 2669
3.78cube box tuned to 34.5hz w/36in of port

Platinum Member