Last Bit of advice b4 i get them

Silver Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 269
Ok, so i've been thinking about the aq hdc 12 for a while now, but i read on car audio that they are coming out with copper coils in feb, so i was kinda waiting. I want to know if anyone has experience with them? Can i feed them about 1000-1500 and they still get loud? Or do i need to feed them way more than that to flex the ride? I notice most people give about 1k over. (no alt upgrade yet, just a kinetic 2000 battery And today in one of the threads here, i read they have no low end? So does that mean i can't hit the low notes? I'm coming from the all too famous R, and i have no idea how low they can go. Oh, and they only reason i'm set on the aq cuz no one i know has heard of them and they are dirt cheap for what i heard they do. oh, and they will be going on a hifonics 1606d. I'm changing my whole setup this summer. but want the hdc3 for now. so are they worth the purchase or will they not bang with the 1k-1.5k? and how's the quality? some say it's good enough for a basshead some say they are ok but yes i know it's a spl sub just wondering if it has any sq to them

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1587
Whether you'll get flex will be in the box and the acoustics of your cabin. Apparently they have pretty good SQ, but, again, that's in the box.

Silver Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 250
MY brother has the SD2's and they sound great... just not enough bass for me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 270
oh, well sorry when i said flex i don't need enough bass to tear my car apart but would like enough to maybe do the tee shirt trick or vibrate nicely. Yeah I know box matters ALOT! just need to know if they will get low and do well off only 1k-1.5k? oh will be 1 12 hdc3......or would 2 be better? Yes i have a suv so box size won't be too much of a problem

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1589
If you can fit two of 'em, definitely. If you want them to get low, you'll need to talk to a master. lol

Anyway...
http://www.hexibase.com/
Get a quote for blueprints from him before you buy the sub(s).

Silver Member

Post Number: 271
oh, cool i only heard of woodlawn box builders

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5246
If you need a box.....

www.fishercustoms.com

^^^^^ hes got great prices

Silver Member

Post Number: 272
well, if you say so m.s. must be good, you haven't given me bad advice yet... hey is this more a spl or sql sub?

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 145.2 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 639
sql
http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc31/talon0001/?action=view&current=Picture08 7.flv

Silver Member

Post Number: 273
great that's even better! and i know you have experience with them scott s ok thnx for the input guys, now all i have to do is wait untill feb for the copper coils :-( don't know if i can wait that long tho

Silver Member

Post Number: 274
hey scott, how much power were you feeding it?

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1345
if i remember correctly he is giving it 1200 watts

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 145.2 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 642
correct 1200w daily and 2600w for burps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums