Wiring Method

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 577
What up guys ? a friend of mines just installed his car system 2 12"s and Memphis amp. He has a battery in the trunk but it's a firestone and his front battery is a Delco and also he has the batteries power wire separate from each other like, trunk battery + to amp and grounded and front battery + to amp basically he has 2 power wires going to the amp but the amp is only made for 1 could this cause a problem ? and what is the point of this method ?

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 578
.........anyone

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2027
sounds like a dumb way to do it. If I'm interpreting it tight that's the same as wiring both batteries together then putting second batt to the amp exept dumber

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 579
alright but will this cause a problem like both batteries draining each other ?

I myself would think not because they are connected at the amp but thats just my 2 cents

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2030
even though they are connected through the amp the 2 batts are always connected. the wires are touching each other when they are at the amp so therefor they will be touching so both batterys are connected

i have a regular declo battery in the front then a Kinetic HC2400 in the back and they are fine together i went away for the week and i metered them befor and after i left and i only lost .15 volts over 10 days

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1645
yeah, shouldnt hurt anything. Just sounds like he thinks hes raisin his voltage to his amps... Dont think it would just think it was a waste of time

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 580
alright but wouldn't it give him more stored energy when the cars is off because he then would be drawing from 2 batteries....I think

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 581
and if so.... do you think I could parallel wire 2 Delco batteries just one is smaller than the other but!! the smaller gives out more cca.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us