Different EQs Advantages

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2361
What am I gonna benefit in having a EQX for example versus a digital EQ?

My plans....Panasonic CQv7003 (flipout indash)with decent sq and i want to be able to control my system through that. I will run one rca to my EQX and then rca's from that to my nine.4 and nine.1, i wanna be able to set the my mids to hit different notes, tweets, subs, yadda yadda, does this sound like a good plan? am i missing some huge thing here?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16624
i am not a fan of eq's. i believe that if you have a nice sounding hu's with nice sounding comps to compliment the hu's then that is all you need.

i used to like to process the sound through bunch of stuff like eq's and bass processors but now i like it simple.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3241
http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=53

A graphic equalizer has usually fixed frequency and Q value. The layout of a graphic equalizer is the typical sliding controls arranged by frequency. The advantage of a graphic equalizer is that in the way it is laid out, it is easy to see what frequency is being boosted or cut and any person without much experience can adjust it. Since a graphic EQ has fixed frequencies and Q, it has limitations on what it can control.

A parametric equalizer consists of knobs that are turned to desired levels, have adjustable frequencies and (usually) Q. The advantage of parametric equalizers is a much greater control, since frequencies and Q values can be adjusted. On the other hand, a parametric equalizer is much harder to adjust than a graphic EQ, requiring an experienced person and measuring equipment.

parametric ftmfwacliasnwdkwtfhw.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2362
good to know that i guess....anyone else have any thoughts

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1564
I've messed around with the one on my deck, and really made some improvement. I brought the stage up a bunch, got the mids blending with the subs better, made it sound a little... hmm... more spacious. I wanna build a carputer so I can use NyquistEQ.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2365
will the eqx be a good route to go as long as i can take it to a trusted shop and have it tuned?

also, once its tuned..as long as my system stays the same, can i leave the settings where they are for a while (as long as i have my system theoretically)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us