Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2773
im using these answers for a project, so keep to topic

thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 1090
YES IT SHOULD. I fu(king hate when people talk on phone when driving. Everytime I see someone driving like a jackass I look and there on their phone.

Silver Member
Username: Charlesbhs

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 458
^^^^^^
+1

hands-free FTW!!!!
love bluetooth.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16617
well that is if you have bluetooth in your ride.

i hate those bluetooth earphones. looks so stupid whenever i see people walking around with those things.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5713
i would say yes because some poeple cant drive but really what if you need to take a call or something like that or you need to get in touch withsomeone or get directions things like that.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7793
IMO, you should be able to. If you can't drive and talk on a phone, then you should not have your drivers license in the first place cause that means you are retarded.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12247
They've done studies on this subject and set up obstical courses. The driver had to (successfully) navigate through cones and such, also while responding to questions on the phone. The failure rate was shocking. Each cone run over could be a child. And this was at low end speed. Ppl just don't believe they are distracted. They don't know how wrong they are.

Silver Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 267
hell yes! should get a big as$ ticket for it. I've been almost hit sooo many times b/c someone wasn't paying attention trying to dial or just on the phone. I do believe the only legal thing should be bluetooth.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3242
No. I use my phone for work related stuff daily while driving. If I had to pull over everytime to make/take a call it would be very inconvient. I also think the same idiots that cant drive now while talking, will just pull over willy nilly on the side of the road/hyway causing more of a traffic hazzard. I can see it now. lines of soccer moms, teenagers, bussines ppl all lined up in the breakdown lanes chatting away.

In 5-10 years, all new cars will have phones installed that are hands free. In the meantime, make sure you have ggod insurance.

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1281
i agree with the law in my town,that states u are aloud on a cell phone as long as u are not wrecklessly driving

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 153
my dad was hit by some old guy on his cell phone. broke my dads neck in 2 places and was in a halo for 4 months.

oh and he didnt have insurance.

ILLEGAL FTW

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12267
Try this. When you're talking with someone on your home phone and you're watching tv at the same time, during "who wants to be a millionare". When they ask the big question, who are you paying attention to the most?

Mind you if you miss 2 seconds on the road it can kill.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2775
okay thanks for these answers, one more thing to think about.

most think that the distraction is HOLDING the phone, when in reality it is the conversation you are having. I think, that your mind cannot truly be on the road when you are having a conversation

in my paper im writing about how there need to be restrictions

there are two good arguments against it though...the car is a great place to get business calls taken care of, and the 2nd....what if you NEED to use the phone

if a law is placed...what do you think that law should be.

(im not using your ideas for my paper, im just turning this in for means of further research)

thanks again for the responses

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3307
Wiseman say: He who have no bluetooth end up with notooth.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1288
lmfao at that one^^^^

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12273
It's already a law in Jersey.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5225
I vote no. If I get a call while I'm in my car I take it. I don't often make calls though.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1584
not that I'm disagreeing with anyone, but how is it any different then someone singing in their car?
I would think your mind is just as distracted if not more, should it also be against the law to sing along while driving? :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1295
there is all kinds of stuff to be distracted to,cd players,cellphones,hell here u get a ticket for eating and driving,u have to lean your head back to drank unless u got a straw so there ya go

Gold Member

Post Number: 2776
but then again...dont you talk on a phone way more often than eating...the phone is always there..

and a cop will NEVER be able to give you a ticket for singing or listening to radio..too hard to manage.

a cell phone is one of the distractions that actually can be regulated

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5229
My stereo distracts me more than a cell phone. That requires me to actually LOOK away from road, not just talking.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1297
thats why i like to have a remote

Gold Member

Post Number: 2777
i agree...but a law could never be passed on radios... i think if they HAD to pass a law, the only thing that they could manage would be cell phones..

do you agree?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1298
agreed

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 642
there shouldnt be a rule or a law ruling that you can or can not use your cell phone for the fact that you spend most of your life in your car and also most of the time you talk your going to talk to someone in your car no matter whom it be if your by your self. and yes im still a teen and i drive and talk all the time i seee no change in the way i drive i think i drive the same or safier. also you dont need a bluetooth use your speaker phone. or buy a the hands free kit for your hu

Gold Member

Post Number: 2778
drunk drivers also think that they drive safer while drunk...

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3311
Conclusions

From the results of the study that has been described in this report, the following conclusions may be offered.

1. All forms of cellular phone usage lead to significant increases in the establishment of non-response to highway-traffic situations and increase in time to respond.

2. Complex, intense conversation leads to the greatest increases in likelihood of overlooking significant highway traffic conditions, and the time to respond to them. The distracting effect is similar to that of tuning a radio. The effect of placing calls or engaging in casual conversation is less of a problem, although, calling tends to retard responses.

3. The distracting effect of cellular phone use among drivers over age 50 is two- to three-times as great as that of younger drivers and encompasses all three aspects of cellular phone use - placing calls and carrying on simple and complex conversations. The effect is to increase non-response by 33-38%.

A study released in April 2006 found that almost 80 percent of crashes and 65 percent of near-crashes involved some form of driver inattention within three seconds of the event. The study, The 100-Car Naturalistic Driving Study, conducted by the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), breaks new ground. (Earlier research found that driver inattention was responsible for 25 to 30 percent of crashes.) The new study found that the most common distraction is the use of cell phones, followed by drowsiness.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1640
Does that mean that you shouldnt have friends in the car? They distract me more than a cell phone... What about signs on the side of the road? If you really wanted to get into it, a lot of things distract you but I guess a cell is the only thing that can be regulted really. But no, I don't think they should be banned

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 644
no acturally if your a teen and live in louisville the regulate how many friends you can have in your car lol and yeah andrew i see what your saying i have almost been in more wrecks with my friends rather than driving by my self

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 2132
we were the first state that had the law implemented. all i do is put my phone down when i see the law afoot haha, though i'd use bluetooth if i had the HU for it...

i sometimes put my phone on speaker and set it down though. driving standard and talking doesn't go well together... but i do consider myself an alert driver and have had no problems doing it either

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1588
patrol vehicles sitting on the side of the road looking to give out tickets VS intense or complex conversations?

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2028
I think you should be able to talk on a cell phone wile driving even though I do agree it can be distracting. Testing wile driving should deffinitly be illegal bit just regular cell phone use should be fine. For me of is more distracting to have roe ds in the car then it is to use a cell phone ecpesually because when friends are in the car I want to have like a visual conversation where on a phone you be be a little distracted but youare looking at he road.

On a side note I know a guy who got pulled over and got a ticket for talking on his cell. Keep in mind there is no law against it where I live and I see cops doing it all thetime. He's in the process of fighting of right now

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2029
roe ds = friends

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 824
i do it all the time and have never had any problems. but i do know some people who are so simple minded that when they try to multitask they are almost guaranteed to fail.....therefore i dont really know what to say on this issue so i will remain undeclared

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12278
Is it safe? Hell no! Do I do it? Yes. Sometimes it's impractical to pull over at that exact moment when I get a call.

What I do notice is that after a 5-10 minute conversation that ends with me pulling into my driveway and I hang up, I have no recollection of driving those last 5-10 minutes. Almost like I went into auto pilot. VERY scary.

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 826
^^^ paul that has happened to me soo many times...i dont remember turning on the roads or if i meet any cars or anything it's almost like i never drove taht stretch of land.....it's VERY scary...

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 5018
"What I do notice is that after a 5-10 minute conversation that ends with me pulling into my driveway and I hang up, I have no recollection of driving those last 5-10 minutes. Almost like I went into auto pilot. VERY scary."

that happens to me all the time. it scares the f*ck outta me.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1302
Why does it scare yall lol?
You mind was just busy with the phone. I bet if a car or a kid would have ran out in front of you, you would have noticed right then. It happens to me all the time. Auto pilot isn't always a bad thing

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12279
Lol well scare is a strong word. I just don't like not remembering an important chain of events that involve controlling an automobile. Driving drunk has the same effect. You wake up the next day wondering how you parked the night b4.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3475
yes and this thread should be in the off topic section... word
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us