Rockford Fosgate subs and amp

Username: Nicholixc

Post Number: 6
I've found Rockford Fosgate P310D4 which runs at 100-400w rms. I was planning on running 2 of these with a Rockford Fosgate Punch P550.2 which will power 275w x 2 @ 2ohms rms. The subs are dual 4ohm, this means if I wire the coils on each sub they would run at 2ohm, correct? Also is this amp sufficient to power the 2 sub? Or would I be better off using the Rockford Fosgate P2D410, which only runs at 50-250w rms?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 1089
a D4 sub will wire to 2ohms by connecting the two positives together and the two negitives together.

since your using 2 subs does not mean you need a two channel amp. you could connect the positives of both subs and the negitives of both subs and that would equal a 1ohm load. then you could just get a nice mono amp to push them.

so all four pos. connected and all four negs. connected is what im saying

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 701
It can wire to the amp, but it wont be enough to get full potential of the subs. IMO you would be better off either getting the p2's, or a bigger amp for the p3's. Whats your budget on subs/amp?

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1286
ya ive seen the p3's on a t10001bd which pushes 1400-1500 watts

Post Number: 7
ok so if i wired the subs to run the subs in parallel they would be a 1 ohm load. What would you recomened for an amp to either power the pair at either 1 ohm or 2 ohms for around $200?

Post Number: 8
Would the Rockford Fosgate P3SD410, which has a 300w rms, be a better set to use? These speakers are dual coil as well so I could wire them in parallel to have a 2 ohm load, so would this pair of subs be a better match for the Rockford Fosgate Punch P550.2 which can power 275w x 2 @ 2 Ohms RMS?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us