Sound Deadening

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2339
Ok, well yea I know all about the sound deadener showdown yadda yadda. I'm gonna dynamat my trunk and doors and I wanna know what people use. I have some edead v4 and some edead v1se or something haah idk?

i know most like raamat...

if i order that, how much should i order for the front doors and tailgate of a 2000 jeep cherokee (small tailgate and not huge doors.

Also, any tips, i wanna do it exactly right

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5705
second skin is really good too, personally i wouldnt mess with edead. if you dont want to much just buy a roll and if you need more get another one.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5706
and before you apply it clean the surface well, with acetone or something like that.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3594
doors require about 10-13sqft. Measure the areas your going to cover up so you can get a better idea of how many sqft you will need. I too am going to use second skin. Use sound deadener to kill rattles. Closed cell foam to get rid of unwanted air bourne frequencies. And theres other products you can apply if your door panels slap against the metal interior of your car.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2350
should i fill my trunk open areas with closed cell foam? then cover teh metal with like sheet deadening? would that be best

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3595
closed cell foam is different. you apply closed cell foam last. What your thinking about is expanding foam. And yes you should fill it up with some expanding foam, then how many layers of damplifier you wish to use. then lastly a layer of closed cell foam if you wish.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2352
what's a good kind of expanding foam...and are there any possibilities of negative consequences?

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2353
didnt bump

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 157
Newb question about this stuff: Will installing this material in my trunk cut down on liscense plate rattling, or what is the point of using this?

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 539
"great stuff" is some good expanding foam, but beware this stuff sticks to everything!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12698
gr8 stuff works good but be careful of expanding foam cause i have read of body panels being pushed out because too much foam was applied in tight areas...

my advice is to also deaden INside behind the panels - alot more work but worth it ...i added a 2nd layer to my trunk hatch yesterday & it improved even more ....

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2359
"Newb question about this stuff: Will installing this material in my trunk cut down on liscense plate rattling, or what is the point of using this?"

read please

i think i'm gonna 1. deaden the inside of the panels 2. great stuff it 3. deaden outside of panels

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 163
after re-reading... blah blah blah it sounds like way more work than I want to put into it...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12708
^^^well then i guess ur gonna have to enjoy hearing those rattles more than the music itself ......

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16656
get some stinger road kill. one layer is all you need.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us