Why??? good amp?

Silver Member
Username: O0airjordan120o

MN US

Post Number: 257
is this a good amp and why is this amp rated 780-1200 Watts???
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17535
im thinking about buying it for my 12" memphis mojo... and using it later on a fi bl or q. thanks. ill also have a 1000wattt ma audio m700xe for sail soon if anyones interested.

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 258
hahaha sail.. i ment sale. it was a long night for me last night, lol

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1916
I would assume they are giving a range because it depends what you wire it to. That's probably the power range from 2-4ohm or something like that.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1917
What city in MN are you from BTW?

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 259
k, would it fit my mojo nicely or no?

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1918
Well what VC config is the Mojo?

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 260
i am from rogers... the new cabelas. lol its a dual 2 ohm

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1919
Good deal, I'm from Maple Grove so I'm plenty familiar with the new Cabelas lol.

As for the amp, you need to figure out if it is stable at 1-ohm. If it is, then it should work pretty well for you.

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 261
sweet, it doesnt say on the site... if its not stable then what?

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1921
Then you'll want to get another amp that does that power at 1-ohm. Like my Rockford that puts out 1200 at 1-ohm

Are you looking for an amp now? Cuz if you are I could give you a pretty good deal on a quality amp that's BNIB...especially since we live like 10 miles away.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1923
I just looked it up for you...it's not 1ohm stable. The Phoenix Gold will not work for you.

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 262
i dont think it needs to be 1ohm stable.... http://www.crutchfield.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?imageID=1DV C%5F2%2Dohm%5Fmono
that says that it would be 4ohm to the amp and i checked the phoenix gold site and it said like you said it uns 1200wrms @ 4ohm...

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1926
Well that Phoenix Gold will only put out like 750 at 4ohms. If that's what you want cool. But that Mojo will want more power. You'll want to run it at 1ohm IMO.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1927
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qt y=1&woofer_imp=3

That's how you would wire to 1ohm. The Mojo is rated at 1000RMS...so you're going to want 1000-1200 on that thing.

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 263
oh woops. i had my numbers mixed up. you right, and no i dont want that. so what amp are you trying to sell me? and could you point me to a diagram of wiring at 1ohm?

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 264
haha thanks.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1928
The link above shows

As for the amp, I thought I'd just throw it out there since you're looking and there would be no shipping costs. It's a Rockford Fosgate P1000-1bd. It's brand new and has the plastic still sealed. I looked at the birthsheet and it is rated at 1224RMS at 1ohm. Feel free to look into the amp if you think you may be interested.

Here's a link.
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=2&series_id=6 &family_id=19&item_id=108232&locale=en_US&p_status=

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 265
how much would that set me back?

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1935
Well, I would go as low as any other quality amp out there. I could probably do like $260. I think that's a pretty good price, but feel free to look around at other amps with that power range brand new. The Elemental Designs nine.1 is pretty decent priced amp in that power range and it is $300.

Bronze Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 91
350*

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1941
Oh they raised their prices. They had been $295 for a while. What do you think Nick?

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1236
I have a Massive p1000.1 that would do the job if you are interested. Used for a few months, still have the 2 year warranty. I also still have the original box. I was looking for around $200 or so.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1944
Thanks Nick

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1945
Aren't the Massives a little over rated?

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1237
actually I've always heard that they do rated power. It sounds just like every other 1krms amp I've owned/heard lol.

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 266
hmm those are some good pices... ill see what i can do to get some money flowin and get back to ya.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1951
Yeah no problem. I could possibly drop the price a little lower if it would help persuade you Do you have an email address I could reach you at?

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 267
lol. damn. the only problem is that im trying to buy a cargo van for me and friends to go on spring break in so i need around 700 for that. im up to about 4 and need to buy it befor the end of january. after that we will be seliing the van so ill have loads of cash then. so its not a question of if but when. as for an email address. im on here every day, its my home page so you really dont need to send me an email, i never check it anyways. lol.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1960
OK fair enough. Well it's up to you. I can give you a very good deal considering I will bring it right to you and I would like to get rid of it. If I was not in school it wouldn't matter a whole lot. However, I go to school in Nebraska, so I would be leaving on the 9th or 10th and not be back until March.

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 268
no trust me, i know how good of a deal this is. if i can get rid of the amp i have now within the next couple days ill definetly buy yours from you before you leave. um if i for some reason dont respond to posts on this forum heres my myspace..... www.myspace.com/nickspence12

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1961
Sounds good man. What amp are you selling and how much are you looking to get for it. I'll try to help you out around the forums and such.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5100
RF 10001db = best amp mentioned in this thread by FAR

ED are ok budget amps nothing great.

Same with massive, and yeah they are slightly overrated.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3849
Fck I 'll buy it for that price and then sell it to nick for more! P!ss or get off the pot... :-O Polo..

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1963
What are you talking about Polo?

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1968
Bump

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1983
Nick...just wondering what you were thinking. I will need to know fairly soon if you are interested in the amp or not. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us