JL Audio 300/4 & 500/1 Power Wiring Question

Bronze Member
Username: Malby7

Post Number: 25
I'm planning to put both of these subs in my car with two 4 gauge wires coming from a distribution block to each of these subs (One 4ga wire each). The load will be about 100 amps. Should I run 2 gauge from my battery to my distribution block, or will 4 gauge be enough to carry the power?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
I meant I'm putting both of these amps in my car!

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 198
4 guage would probably do it, but I'd do two guage to be safe. Better safe than sorry. Also it depends on how long the wire will be.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
The wiring would be at least 10 feet long if not a little longer. It has to go from the battery of a Ford Focus to the rear seats.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 206
I'd do 2 guage just for peace of mind.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Is piece of mind worth the extra $2.00 per foot?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Is the piece of mind worth the extra $2 per foot for 2ga?

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 220
That's a question you need to ask yourself. With JL amps as expensive as they are, I personally wouldn't cop out on the wire. 4 guage will definately do the job if the runs are just over 10 feet. I've seen 2 guage wiring kits online for around 50 bucks, that's remote wire, power, ground, grommets, everything you need.

Username: Jiggaman3105

Post Number: 4
im goin to tell you straight and simple...all u need is 4 ga. main power wire if its only going 10 ft. its only 100 amps, thats nuthin. im pushin a 1000/1 and a 450/4! nbow thats current draw.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us