Dynamat or Tsunami?

Username: Anonamous

Post Number: 2
I was looking at these door and pannel silencer kits and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them and if they worked well or not? I was looking for an inexpensive way to make sure i wont have any rattling once my sytem is installed. If anyone has any experience with these let me know because im not sure where to put this stuff in my big bronco?
Thanks!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 183
They work but i dont think it eliminates the problem or vibrations, but it helps alot.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 194
Either will work, really Dynamat is the best, but also the most expensive. Cover as much of the vehicles panels as you can, focusing on points that rattle and resonate the most. It helps vibrations a lot, because it dampens what it is mounted to, so the resonant frequency (frequency at which the panel rattles) is lowered, often to a point that is not heard in music if enough is used. It will pretty much eliminate the problem if installed correctly, of course some vehicles would practically have to be made of the stuff to stop rattling.

Username: Beligerant1

NC USA

Post Number: 9
I installed dynamat extreme into my 1991 isuzu trooper and it made a huge difference. In a old car like that there was no preexisting sound dampening, so you could really hear the difference. It makes the bass sound louder and clearer and quiets rattles, although it doesnt completely get rid of them.

Username: Feesh

Post Number: 2
I'm going to buy and install some if/when i get a new car. I've seen people on cardomain go all out with it and install it everywhere, but i'm probably just going to stick to doors, trunk and license plate, roof.

Bronze Member
Username: Davidmeyer

Oshkosh, Wisconsin United State...

Post Number: 34
use ruberized undercoating about 2-7 bux a can, works realy good, you don't have to precut holes, etc, and fills in really tight spaces, took 12 cans for my entire car top to bottom dodge daytona
do the math
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us