Amps n stuff

Unregistered guest
i have 2 type s 12s but cant find a decent amp that will make them peak. they are running on a clarion 600w amp, they sound good inside the car(which is a vn commodore) but not outside. you cant really hear me coming if you no what i mean. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Username: Thuglord

Post Number: 3
buy an MTX 1500D, my brother has it with two TYPE R Alpines 12' i can hear him a mile away, that amp is the best ive ever seen in use. Also it never overheats or overloads, u can have ur sh!t on full blast everyday the amp will be cool no matter what :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Cainer

Camberley, Surrey England

Post Number: 79
is the output of your clarion amp 600w RMS or peak?
always go by the RMS rating, if its 600w peak then its probably only about 200w RMS so your only giving each sub 100w RMS each, im not sure what the RMS rating is of your type-s but id guess they are about 250-300w RMS each and if thats the case you need an amp that will put out 600w RMS at the correct ohms.

Unregistered guest
The amp is only 600 peak. What sort of price range am i looking at for an MTX 1500D? I am only fairly new two car systems so i was wondering if you could tell me which way to face the subs, they are both in the same enclosure and it is sealed. My friend told me that if i face them backward it sounds better and you get second hand sound so you can hear if they are distorting the slightest bit.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 201
It depends on the car. Some sound better with bass reflecting from the trunk, some sound better with the subs pointed towards the driver. Not too hard to experiment. Try it and see.

smokeit
Unregistered guest
anybody familiar with directed 1100d mono amp. i have one and not sure which sub i should go for. planning on getting an eclipse cd player and willing to spend aroun 1200 all together. i have been looking at diamond audio and jlw7. peaked my head in on kiker solobarics but not sure thats my cup of tea. anybody have suggestions or comments. would appreciate it. i have a 200 civic if that helps.

Bronze Member
Username: Deadman

Kirksville, MO USA

Post Number: 11
I have 2 12" L7's and they pound like there's no tommorow. I haven't had any distortion issues like dude said. I've heard diamond and they're good subs. They don't go as low as mine. Haven't heard the w7's but have heard great things about them. The w7's are expensive!

I bought mine from sonicelectronix.com they were a sweet deal, check 'em out. Brand new $220.00!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us