Buzzing Noise Through Front Speakers

Unregistered guest
Initially when hooking up an amp to my speakers i heard no buzzing noise at all. But when finished mounting the amp i hear a buzzing noise comming through my front speakers. I dont understand because before mounting the amp no buzzing noises were coming from the speakerr, and now it buzzes. Also when i am driving the and accelerating i can hear the buzzing noise increase its pitch as the cars RPM's increase. Does any one know whats wrong, and if so can you please help me

Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 6
a few things are possible, #1 your ground wire may need some attention, #2 the power wire may be to close to the distributor or a spark plug wire, #3 you may have screwed the amp to close to the fuel pump, #4 or even a bad set of rca's.
l8r

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 179
Where did you mount it? make sure the amp itself touches NO metal of the car.

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 147
Also check the noise suppressor (capacitor) mounted near the ignition module! What car is it?

Unregistered guest
I mounted the Amp Vertically on a Sub Box. The amp itself doesnt touch any metal at all neither do the terminals were the wire is screwed in. My capacitor is not mounted at all near the ignition module, it is mounted in the trunk with my speaker amp my sub amp and also my subs. The thing i dont understand is how the buzzing noise just suddenly came while i was mounting the amplifier, and the noise only comes from the front speakers. If you have any more sugguestions please let me know, i am about to go check all the things you guys have said. Thanks for your help, and keep the suguestions coming.

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 148
1 - When I said suppressor, (capacitor) I meant the capacitor that comes with the car, and it's meant to cut noises to the regular stereo system.
2 - MOST LIKELY, the front speakers are picking the magnetic field from the subs coils (on the amp), try to move the amp aside and see if it still buzzes. This also happens at home when the TV picks the mag field of a too near set of speakers. That's why "center" speakers in a surround system are shielded.

Username: Gbstylez87

Post Number: 9
I have the same problem.

I heard an automotive electrical noise filter will solve this problem ?

Joey
Unregistered guest
Make sure your rca's and your power wire are not running next to each other.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 200
It could also be that the you only really hear buzzing in higher frequencies. Some people have alternator whine and wouldn't even know it from listening to subs. I'd rather fix the real problem than buy a noise filter, it's more comforting, anyway. Like Joey said, if RCA's cross the power wires at any point, make sure they're perpandicular to each other so there's no inductance. Run them on opposite sides of the car. Check your head unit ground, too. Did anything else change since mounting your amp? I'm thinking you probably didn't run the car w/o the amp mounted. Does it happen when ACC is on? That may tell you if it's an ignition problem, as the ignition coil only comes on when the ignition is to on (supposed to, anyway)

Unregistered guest
thanks for all the help it turned out to be that the rca's and the power wire were ran side by side. no more buzzing thanks again for all your guys help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us