Any experiences with Clarion DSP/Equalizers?

Bronze Member
Username: Josebyron

Pacoima, California USA

Post Number: 38
I have an older Clarion Cenet tape unit, ARX-7570z hooked up to a DPH-910 DSP/eq - up until now, I have only listened to CDs from a changer connected to the DSP via the proprietary Cenet cable, works fine, although I had not messed with the settings.

Finally, it occurred to me to listen to a tape yesterday and much to my surprise, it does not work with the radio or tape, although the CD (once again) works fine. Has anybody used these Clarion units together?

Looking for info on the web, I came across some units for sale stating compatibility (or lack of) with some of the newer CD head units, but no mention of the older ones.

To summarize: does anybody know if these two are fully compatible and, possibly, if not: what Clarion DSP (dph-7500z, 5100, maybe?) IS compatible with the ARX series of head units?

I've tried calling Clarion directly, but unless one has a dealer number, they won't give me an answer. And I tried the local Clarion dealers whose service people are basically kids more interested in making their rides "thump" than in customer service.

Any input is welcome and appreciated.
Thanks,
Jose
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us