Amp for infinity speakers

Sig Pikul
Unregistered guest
Howdi, I need some advice on which amp to get for my speakers.

Right now im running a Pioneer DEHP4600MP for a receiver. For my speakers I have a pair of 6.5" Infinity Kappa 63.5i 3-ways for the front and a pair of 4x6 Infinity Kappa 462.5cfp 2 ways.

Currently i have no amp and my speakers feel drastically underpowered (i really dont want to damage these speakers with distortion).

i need an amp, atleast for the front speakers so I no longer have to worry about hurting them and so I can get them to sound their best. The problem is my budget is low. I was first looking at some profile amps but read reviews about their distortion problems. Like I said before i would be willing to settle for a 2 channel amp to just power my fronts for now, if i can't afford an adequate amp that will run all 4. I beleive the front speakers (63.5i) run at 75 watts rms each and the backs run at 65 RMS each. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Unregistered guest
Oh, and I just realized that I didn't mention my exact budget.

For the amp I would be willing to go to 2 channels and just power my front two for now if I have to, if this is the case, $150 range would be IDEAL, but I will go up as high as I have to in order to ensure that i'm getting enough amp for my speakers and that they will be safe.

If in the lucky case that you can recommend a cheap 4 channel amp that would fit my needs, $200 would be ideal, but once again i would be willing to go higher.

Thank you again.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 104
I saw an Alpine MRV-F340 55x4 on www.ikesound.com for $220.

Sig Pikul
Unregistered guest
Thank you. I was also looking at the Kicker KX series and the JBL GTO series, any comments on those?

Anonymous

either one of those would be a great choice. But my favor goes more to the JBLs. But don't get me wrong Kicker KX are great amps too.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 129
Both are very nice amps and will suit you just fine. Keep in mind both are underrated, especially the GTO, meaning you should be very careful with your rear speakers since it may overpower them. You can turn the rear outputs gain down, though. Anywhere 50x4-75x4 will be ok. Just be careful not to over power the rear speakers since they only take 65W RMS, fade them out a little and they'll be ok. I think the Kicker KX550.3 (older models) are still around in some places and you can find them at closeout prices. It has a 2 channel amp for fronts 40x2 (underrated, it really puts out closer to 60-70x2) and also a built in sub amp that's 400WRMS at 2 ohms (also underrated). It gives you flexibility and you can get it cheap with a full warranty in the right places.

Sig Pikul
Unregistered guest
Wow, i like that kicker idea, it takes care of a pair of my speakers+my subwoofers. Thanks for the suggestion Jonathan.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 163
Just hurry up and try to find one. They're getting to be to the point where it's hard to find one that's the older model. Before too long they may be gone.

Sig Pikul
Unregistered guest
When I was on ebay looking for a Kicker kx550.3 I found a real steal! The JBL GTO 75.4 for $180 new! (retail is 375 the cheapest I could find it was 300). So I went ahead and bought that so that takes care of my speakers. I shouldn't have that hard of a time finding a mono sub amp. Although now I have a new problem, I just realized that my Headunit only has 2 sets of preamps, front and rear, no sub! How do I hook up my subwoofers to this? Any special equipment I need to buy? Any features I need to look for in an amp?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us