Kicker 550.2

Username: Viking209

Post Number: 2
I don't know much about car audio, so here's my question. I have an 01 Silverado ext. cab, and I have a downfire box for 2 10's (1.0 cubic ft. per speaker) and a Kicker 550.2 amp, but I haven't got the speakers yet because I'm not sure how I'm going to run it. I'm planning on getting kicker CVT's (400 rms) and am wondering will 205 rms to each speaker be enough (I listen to rock, no r&b or rap), or should I bridge it to get the 550 watts rms? Which leads to my next question and why I haven't bought the subs yet; the amp says nothing about being 2 ohm stable, only 4 ohm, so in order to acheive a 4 ohm bridged load to 2 speakers I'd have to get 2 ohm speakers and wire them in series, right? How should I set this up? Thanks in advance for any help.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4462
Don't get CVTs. I've heard from a few people who actually tried them, that they suck.

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1423
A pair of CVT102's (2 ohm voice coils) would be a better match for that amp than cvt10's (4 ohm coils).
There wouldn't be a huge difference - only 70w or so, but that's worth about a dB, so it should be audible.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us