6 speaker + subwoofer marine installation?

Username: Boatgirl

Seattle

Post Number: 1
I am trying to design an audio system for my boat...on a budget. I recently purchased a SONY marine stereo (GT10) 52wx4. I want to have two speakers in my forward cabin (bedroom) and at least two in the main cabin (living room/kitchen) AND two speakers in the cockpit (outside). I would like to be able to isolate the speakers so that I can have just the speakers in a particular room emitting sound. That way, I won't blast my neighbors away while I am hanging out inside. Likewise, I can listen to music while underway without blasting away whoever is inside. I will be using tiny little speakers inside since it is a small space and then adding a subwoofer to help. I am looking at Mod1 speakers by Audio Orb for the main cabin (15-110w) because they are the smallest speaker I can find that doesn't require me to cut holes in my boat. I don't have enough depth anywhere to mount regular speakers other than one spot whereI will probably mount the subwoofer and/or the receiver. In the forward cabin, i have a small pair of SONY car stereo speakers I can mount (about 3"diameter). I need the subwoofer to work with both these sets of speakers. The ouside speakers will be bigger and can live without subwoofer. If I were just doing four speakers, I could use fade front and fade rear to isolate the rooms, but with the additional 2 outside I am stumped. My big question is: how do I hook all this up so it works? I am particularly stumped by the a)need to isolate 3pairsof speaker from each other and b) how to hook the subwoofer in to all this. Is this even possible?

Bronze Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 86
cant you just put the speakers on switches and cut the switch off when you dont want them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us