New guy questions

Username: Emerazuul

Post Number: 1
I currently have a SONY XM-1252GTR 2-channel amp.
http://www.xplodsony.com/product/print/XM-1252GTR On the cover of it it reads 800 watts. It blew a 10 inch sony xplod which says 1100 watts. I was doing research and the amp puts out
125 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (170 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
340 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
but i think that sony 10 inch only had 280 RMS max so that might be why it froze up. Now to my question. Will this amp hurt my new sub I am waiting to recieve in the mail?
http://www.infinitysystems.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=KAPPA%20PER FECT12DVQ&cat=SUB&ser=KPE&Language=ENG&Country=US&Region=USA
the infinity Kappa perfect DVQ 12 inch sub, it has a max power of 1600 watts/400 RMS watts.
Does anyone think the amp will cause any harm to the sub? or will it be under powered?

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 443
even tho sony is junk,i would say u had the gain or bass boost up to high

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 395
Sub will be underpowered. That sony amp wont do any more than 300 watts. It will work if it is a dual 2 ohm sub. But with a better amp, that sub (any sub for that fact) will be louder and cleaner sounding.

Username: Emerazuul

Post Number: 2
So the amp wont hurt the sub in anyway since it is underpowered? im still new to the whole adding a subwoofer to your car setup thing. also I got the 4 ohm dvc version of the kappa perfect, what would be a great amp for 150-200$ mark or would i need to spend more than that?

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 401
You could definetly get an amp for that price. I dont know much about those subs, so I think the best thing would be to post a thread in the subwoofer section, and more people would be able to help you with how much power you can throw at those subs. Also they can help you out with a good box recommendation if you dont have one yet. Good luck!

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5043
sell everything ASAP

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5044
except the sub. I gave ya an answer in the other post
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums