Is my zx750 shot???

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 390
Well for the past 2 days it has been acting funny. At first, it would shut off for for like a split second, but before I had a chance to even turn around and look at my amp, it was back on and playing fine. But yesterday, it did it again, and stayed off for about 10 sec, and I had time to turn around and noticed it was in protect mode. I cant turn it up over half way without it cutting out. Even after it comes out of protect mode, it still wont play for anywhere from about 10 seconds to nearly a minuit.

I have checked all of my connections, and my voltage is good (usually around 14v while driving, 13.5v while stopped). Its still under warranty, I bought it a month ago refurbished.

Any ideas guys?, if not its gonna be a sad few weeks

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5865
Is the amplifier getting hot?How did you set your gains?

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 391
It doesnt get hot at all. I set my gains with a dmm too. I originally thought maybe one of the wires either from my amp to the sub was pulling off somewhere, but its going into protect mode. The light will be green on the amp, and sometimes no sound will be produced.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3084
whats the ohm reading on the ground wire?

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 392
How do you check the ohm reading on the ground? Can you give me quick walk through?

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 393
I just went out to my car again and bumped for about 10min. hard, and it worked perfectly fine. Im so f@cking confused... The only thing i can come up with is that something is wiggling loose somewhere when I drive it around, but every wire is secure. Its like 40 degrees outside so im done for today.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5881
Check your wiring inside your box.

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 407
Im a f@cking idiot!!! I was looking at my amp, and I bumped my distro block and it beeped (mine beeps w/ blown fuse) I was like wtf, my fuses looked good, but I pulled one out just to make sure, and it pulled apart trying to take it out and you can see where its blown on one end, not really visable through the glass. It created just enough connection to where my lights were lit on the block and it didnt beep. So long story short Im just glad it wasnt my amp, and only an $0.80 fuse

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3091
Well, Good for you.
As far as reading ohms, Disconnect the ground off the amp and probe the wire with one and a known good ground with the other. Reading should be zero. or near enough. You can also ohm out the power wires to find resistance in the path, but this takes a little longer.

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 411
So basically just use the multimeter as a ground wire? Will I need to have power to the amp, or will it be off? Im gonna try this tomarrow to see what kind of readings I get, just for learning & experimental purposes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us