Suggestions for powering 2 07cvr15's

Bronze Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 41
I don't think my toy sony amp will be enough for these motha's. Any suggetions would be great, also, supposed I did use my current amp, what are some issues associated with underpowering? I recall hearing that you can blow a sub if you underpower it, but it never intuitively made sense to me.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5032
you should post voice coil specs and your budget.

are they DVC 4 ohm or DVC 2 ohm?

Bronze Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 42
Getting these from a fellow ecoustics member, waiting to see what spec he says they are. From what I've read they come in 4 ohm and 2 ohm. This guy said he had them running at 1000w @ 1 ohm. I didn't think you could safely do that with a sub recommended for 50 - 500w rms @ 4 ohms. Also, never had DVC's before, I'll need a little insight as to wiring them up.

Budget cheap but flexible, less than 250 would be great.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 383
If he ran them @ 1 ohm, then they are DVC 4 ohm subs. If each sub can handle 500wrms (which they can), then 2 of then can handle a total of 1000wrms (the power will be split up between the 2 subs).

You will want to wire them like this... choose the first diagram (1 ohm load)
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qt y=2&woofer_imp=4

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 384
Look at the hifonics bxi1206 amps. Will do the power you need @ 1 ohm. You can probably get a new one shipped in your price range

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 444
i'm not sure if i'm the one your getting the cvr's off of, but i have decided i'm not going to mess wiht a system until the spring time and stuff, sooooooo, i got the mbquartraa1000 amplifier that i had running on them that i'll let go for 225 shipped if ya want, beautiful amp, got it from sgdenny on here, comes wiht box and everything, hit me up at betterdayz728@bex.net

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 388
x2 on the RAA, heard nice things about those.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5036
they're very hard to get
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us