OT- A dog Bit me

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 792
So last night I went to my cousins house and he tells me to come on in. As I walked through their living room into the kitchen where he was I passed their golden retriever. That's sort of the breed I'm looking for (my wife wants a dog), and this was a really nice looking one. Friendly looking, and on the very large side of the breed.

I dont touch peoples dogs/cats, so I just walked by it, it didn't bark, growl, or anything. Then as I passed it, and was almost out of the living room I felt something pinching the hell out of my knee, and look back to see this dog walking away. It bit the holy SHI+ out of my leg. I didn't think it broke skin at first through my jeans, but later on I counted atleast 5 places, with a nasty bruise to boot. They say it's clean and has all its shots, but it still hurt like a b!+ch. Afterward it didn't bark, growl, or anything, they just put it outside and said it had never done that before.

I had to take the picture with the flash off because of how white my legs really are (I normally wear jeans). You can see the large bruise right where it got its whole mouth on my leg, but if you look on the knee there's a large spot where just it's canine tooth sank in (I initially thought that was the only part where skin was broken).

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4684
that sux... you are really white =p

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5773
Troy,you're a baby.I expected something serious but this does remind me of this time I was playing with this 120 pound bulldog,he got way too out of control and ended up jumping in the air and biting my arm and didn't want to let go,thank god I was wearing a friend's thick jacket.

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 771
did you like it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 796
I loved it lol. Driving, I never wear shorts that short, so my knees up are pasty white- dough boy type deal. I didn't say it was really bad, just that 5 teeth punctured skin, and it was crazy since that's never happened before. If it was really bad the topic would be "Holy crap a dog bit a chunk out of me!".

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2194
ahhh a golden retriever bites a human. wonder if it will make the news? or have people saying we should ban the breed? course not. i think you all know what i'm getting at :-)

sorry bout that Troy, don't blame you for being freaked out regardless of the size/breed of the dog. When an animal attacks, it's scary, cause it's an ANIMAL!

in the future whenever you meet a dog, especially entering their territory, as soon as you enter, just stand there and let them sniff you. Don't reach out to them like some people say you should, don't even look at em'. just give them half a minute or so to just sniff you. A humans strongest sense is vision so that's how we meet/analyze people at first. For dogs it is scent BY FAR. He probly didn't get to smell you and since you just kinda hurried by, he took it as an aggressive entry. I can't say cause i wasn't there but that's what it sounds like to me.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3088
I have owned a couple retrievers and have friends that own them too and I can tell you that the reason he bit you is because he sensed danger/harm to his owner. I bet you were walking right behind the guy or approaching him and did something to trigger the dogs sense that he had to protect him like walking fast, waving your arms, or gaining on him. Retrievers are very non-aggressive, but they WILL protect their owners, and sometimes at the slightest provocation. They are extremely loyal and protective of those who watch over them.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5499
I have a Golden Retriever/Lab mix...best dog I have ever had. He is a 14yr old puppy...seriously, you would think he was 2 just looking at him and seeing how he plays/fights w/ ya. Rocko can get mean from time to time though...doesnt like new people.

Rocko is back at my dad's house, but here in Monroe we have a Pit in the back yard. Bear. He's not my dog and I never have time to mess w/ him, but my roommates walk him all the time. They just have no clue how to control/train an animal. You should see a 100lbs+ Pit drag and my asian roommate around...hahahahaha.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2198
"They just have no clue how to control/train an animal. You should see a 100lbs+ Pit drag and my asian roommate around...hahahahaha."

you need to call Cesar Millan yo.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 1928
"You should see a 100lbs+ Pit drag and my asian roommate around...hahahahaha."

Chad?...

Silver Member

Post Number: 799
Brad, I was walking pretty slow, talking to the guy as he watched me walk up to him, so I don't know on that one.
Really I can't say, but it wouldn't supprise me if he just wanted a taste lol.
Pit Bull is probably right though, I didn't make any quick movements or anything, I just ignored the dog. I don't like touching peoples pets for numerous reasons- this is one of them.

The last time I had a bruise with bite marks like this was from an ex-gf. She was 5' tall and I'm about 6', she got angry when I caught her cheating on me and bit my chest- I was pulling her by my niple! Oh well, live and learn lol.
(I didn't know you can't say nip_le on this forum...)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6633
"in the future whenever you meet a dog, especially entering their territory, as soon as you enter, just stand there and let them sniff you. "

You know what's wrong with that statement? Where do dogs sniff you at? Isn't it near your package?? Last thing I want to do is stand still while a dog comes near there. Imagine if it took a "chunk" out of that area.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2203
well to be more specific, you don't have to stand there like a statue. if the dog tries to shove their nose in your cr0tch or jump on you, you should just turn away. I just meant that you shouldn't reach out to let them sniff your hand like a lotta people do. Reasons being - A. if it's a nervous/jumpy dog they could interpret it as an aggressive movement. B. Humans touch anything and everything with their hands, if the last thing you did was eat BBQ ribs, one can imagine how that might effect the dogs reaction to your hand:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us