Type r vs AQ

Silver Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 119
ok i sold my amp to a friend cause i was bored w/my set up and to get some $ back out of the amp before it becomes a classic.kx600.1. so anyway,not to be ampless i bought bens hifonics bxi606...150@4 300@2and 600@1,yo overrated or whatever.well i got it at 2 ohms on my AQ2.5 15 and it sounds very good.the guy that bought the amp(kx600) wants the 15 too.so i want to get a 12 to run at 1 ohm to get full potential out of the amp whatever the actual watts may be.will a type r 12 off 600 watts sound as good or loud as my aq on 300 watts.I know its all about install,but i am a very good box builder so whatever the demensins need to be..i got lots of room...blowthru in s-10.AQs only come in dual 4s or i would get an aq 12.so may try a type r depending on the response.thanks.oh this isnt a permanent install just something to get me by for a while.I can sell the aq for 150 and get a type r off ebay for 110 shipped and be ahead in $

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4002
Yeah the type R should be louder if it's on more power.

You will get ~500 watts from that amp at 1 ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

North carolina

Post Number: 521
never had either but i would rather have AQ

Silver Member

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 120
ya the aq is nice and clean..and loud but i kinda want to change it up to 10s or 12's.may just keep what i got cause it sounds so good.but that guy wants my aq bad.just want a combo to get 1 ohm outa the amp and be a little ahead on cash.

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 795
AQ ftw

Silver Member

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 121
ya aq rocks but only comes in dual 4 ohm madels.thats what i got aq 2.5 15d4.i was thinking of getting a typr r dual2ohm to get 1 ohm outa the amp and help afriend out who has a durango and wants to bang loud w/ my aq 15.just wonderin how the r sounds.i know its made of plastic and i dont want that plastic soundin bass.my aq is deep and clean,maybe ill just keep it and get a zx750.1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us