Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 11043
Taxes???

You're about 3 months early lol.

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 378
I'm expecting to get back about 6 grand.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6623
Woodlawn, do you know something that we don't? I haven't got any money back from the government for a long time. It would be nice to get some back!

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Turtles have four legs

Post Number: 3413
I know I'll get back more than 3k forsure. But I heard that if you paid more tax's than you earned or something like that, that you get all your money back. Like last year, I paid about 4k in tax's. I got 3k back. This year, I paid over 10k, so I'm hoping to get atleast 50% or more. Plus I'm claiming my sisters youngest daughter. aka my niece.

Silver Member

Post Number: 379
Isaac,

Yeah, I use a CPA to do my taxes and he's worth every penny ( $ 250.00 ) to get me back what he can.

Keep in mind, I'm running a business here and that means I can claim every penny I spend and every mile I drive along with anything else associated with the business.

My wife has her own business as well and can clain deductions associated with her business.

I'm also married and own a home which means I can claim all deductions associated as well since me and her run our business's from home.

He!!, when we went to our accountant after leaving the other accountant we had, he re-did and re-filed the 3 previous 3yrs tax returns and got us over 17,000 grand that the other accountant missed in deductions.

Needless to say, my CPA is worth the $ 250.00 to do my taxes and get me back what's mine in the first place.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3991
My last year's refund was less than $100......... but then again I only worked 4 months out of the year (summer)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11052
Yeah deductions are where it's at. If you itemize your return you can find all sorts of diamonds under rocks. My accountant won't break the rules but WILL stretch them lol. Kids and your own home help tremendously. Before I had them done professionally I was breaking even every year and happy with it. Now I see thousands back with his help. He'll also go to bat for you if you get audited. It's just a nobrainer if you're mediocre with money.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5485
Dont know if I will be ready or not...

I'm not getting anything back, but I will be doing a hell of alot of installs around that time. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4059
I should be getting between 4-5k back as well.. bought like last year except I paid more in so possibly more than I'm expecting

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 469
2yrs ago we got 11.5k
last year was i think 9600
this year should be more then last year i hope but we'll see

Itemize, kids, do not get married. cha ching!

Silver Member

Post Number: 380
The only thing I can say about my CPA is he is quite good at knowing what doesn't make red flags pop up on a return and if your itemizing your taxes, you got to have a CPA that understands the d@mn tax codes because there's no way in he!! the average person or even a well educated person can fully understand all that sh!t.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2419
ill get around 3k. not to brag but new 50+" LCD and surround sound coming then.

a little early though, jesse... :-)

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4070
damn i already got my 50" dlp.. :-( .. but income tax will pay off the card i used to buy it lmao

Silver Member
Username: Press1

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 307
Before I got married, I paid every year. After I got married and started the baby factory, I got back as much as $12k one year. Now I am running my own business in California, and I'm back to paying again. We pay more in taxes now then I used to make working for someone else in a year.

I'm not complaining, but I would like to have an accounting of where our tax dollars go. I'm tired of hearing about government funding to some group that studied the affects of ink on paper, or something stupid like that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 381
LOL - SH!T, G-LOVE, you'd be better off asking for ice water in he!! before getting an accounting of where your tax dollars are going.

You want an accounting, here's an accounting where your taxes are going - the war's in Iraq and Afghanistan collectively will cost the US 1.6 Trillion Dollars starting from 2002 to 2008.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11066
Didn't they just approve another 50 billion $ for the war?????!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 382
Not yet, was approved in Congress, now it has to get thru the Senate and then on to King George to sign it or veto it.

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 221
Congress = The House of Representatives + The Senate.

The House (ReFUBlican-controlled) approved it, but my guess is that the Senate(Dummycrat-controlled) won't.

Who knows though? At this point, half the f***in Senate is out on campaigns.

And on topic...I am guessing about 1K...

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4704
ill prolly get back 300 hundo
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us