Engine Whine?

Bronze Member
Username: Vash3000

Post Number: 73
I need some help with my audio. Im pretty sure this is a common problem but the car seems to be making a engine whine noise tat follows the rpm. I know im not suppose to run the rca cables alonside the power and i didnt. Everything is grounded good. The whine noise isnt coming from the speakers, instead its actually coming from somewhere instead the dash. I even turned off the headunit and the amps and the noise is still there. Anyone know whats wrong with it or how to diagnose it other than removing my whole dashboard?

Silver Member
Username: Timothy_314

Post Number: 323
sounds like its the alternator, Its tryin to charge your batt.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 376
What kind of vehicle do you have and whats your setup?

Bronze Member
Username: Vash3000

Post Number: 74
If it is the alternator, anyway to get rid of it? I have an high output alternator like 200amps

Silver Member
Username: Timothy_314

Post Number: 324
hmm... whats your setup?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 12086
change the ground point for your head unit.
if that doesn't fix it, you may need to run a ground wire from the outside part of your RCA lines on the head unit to ground. the outside wire/edge of an RCA is the ground, but often on some units isn't properly grounded inside the head unit leading to a ground issue and noise.

also, signal and power can be together without problems. what you don't want is a signal line run near a crossover module, or an ignition source.

Username: Drzeke

Post Number: 1
Yeah Im getting the same problem with my speaker amp i have in my honda accord.... I was toled it was one of 3 things
1. impropper grounds (fixed that)
2. interference in the RCA (bought alpine X - type RCA's to fix that problem)
3. or the third one whitch in my case was the problem was the deck will put out a strait signal to your amps and if your amp does not have a filter loop then you will get engine noise.. This is also a way for a company to market there products. for example my alpine deck sent out a signal that my calrion amp could not filter so to fix my problem was to get a clarion deck or an alpine amp....

Hope that helps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us