SQ/SQL System Set-Up Help

Bronze Member
Username: Tblazer74

South Salem, NY USA

Post Number: 63
What's up, all? I have an 02 TrailBlazer LTZ that I'm trying to get a new sub system for. I already have a pioneer deh3900mp HU, polk db6500 comps in the front running off a RF p-400.2. I have 2 6.5" Type S in the back running off the HU. I have a RF p550-2 amp for my subs. I used to have a big ported enclosure but I'm looking to go into SQ/SQL set up. I'm looking at the MB Quart reference and premium series because they're on sale at woofersetc.com (I'm on a college student budget). I was thinking about getting a 15" and getting either Phil Salisbury or BJ at Fisher Customs to make a box for it, a sealed one, I want. I was also thinking of a 15" Type R, or Infinity Perfects. I don't want to take up too much space in the back of my car, hence the sealed set up, but I suppose I could do 2 10's or 2 12's even. My budget for a sub(s) is $200ish, cuz I plan to spend another 100 on a box. If you guys have suggestions for a SQ or SQL set up please let me know, I'm really unsure what to get because I heard the quart subs aren't great. Thanks for all input.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Ohio

Post Number: 3856
i have a sealed box for a 15 i'll sell ya, $25 plus SH, its nothing fancey but no sealed box is. for a sub look into mach 5 or AA arsenal there cheap will get decently loud and have pretty good sq.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 1021
Yeah, a MAW 15 would work well. Cheaper than pretty much everything mentioned, too.

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3858
ohh and when i say fancey i mean in design, it has carpet, 10ga direct lead wires, and i use t-nuts for the sub. and i'll even include hex bolts to screw the sub in.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3886
I love how he tries to sell the box while not telling the only important spec........ volume? You can't just throw a sub in a box. It has to be the right size for that particular sub.

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3863
and this from a person who doesn't know what effieciencey is, and i didn't included the volume cause i wanna if hes even interrested fvckk stain, but it's 2.5cf before displacement so around 2.3 after sub and brace displacement.

Bronze Member
Username: Tblazer74

South Salem, NY USA

Post Number: 64
Dustin I think it might be a bit big most of the ones I'm looking at are like 1-1.5ish and I dk if I'm even gonna go with a 15" for a SQ set up. Did you make the box yourself btw?

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2017
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5527_Diamond+Audio+D312D4.html

VERY clean sounding and badazz lookin subs...i would DEFINITELY get these

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3972
There are different ways the term "efficiency" can be used. And one of them is to say that a sub with a higher SPL 1w/1m rating is more efficient than one with a lower rating.

I wish Glasswolf was still on this forum....... back when he was here I'd seen him refer to efficiency in that context several times.

But then again, Dustins a douchebag and probably wouldn't listen to anyone so w/e.

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3871
john z ya i built the box myself, 3/4mdf and 2.5 is a little on the big side but thats what i had my atlas's in and its what chad said was ideal so. if you want pics or anything just let me know. and MS you make me laugh.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3978
Well I'm glad im amusing. You're more..... lets see.... annoying.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 375
Im with cal payne. Diamond audio subs have great sq and get loud too imo. They love low tuned ported boxes too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us