Custom Sub Boxes

Anonymous
Does anyone know of any companies that you can send in box plans to have custom boxes made since i dont want to make my own boxes anymore ??

Anonymous
I can build you a custom based on your plan. I also work with a lot of independents that send in plans to be offered to other users. In those cases, a percentage of each sale goes to the designer. Always looking for usable working designs.

****************L@@K*************Hello, I am looking for blue prints for specific cars and trucks...please email me at billsclassics1@aol.com. i want to open up a sub box outlet center.

thanks!
Bill

Anonymous
i need a custom sub box that looks like a dome and can fit 4 15`s and 2 amps..to fit in a civic hatchback with the back seats removed..thanks bremner

Anonymous
god you guys are cool! i wish i had 4 15s, i guess i will have to stay with my 4 12s and 2 1051d amp. oh well, but if one of tall wanan go, call me up

hey u say you make custom boxes? well if so could u make a sealed box for a hatchback 89 camaro for 2 15s..i mostly have seen 10s and 12s back there but i have the kicker vr comp 15's.. right now i was thinken of haves them sit on top of the back seats folded down but wheres the friends gunna site....ya kno lol...or could u please give me plans for this...i need it to be atleast 2.2 cf. you could email if u want.

Hi does anyone have any plans on howto make a box for dodge ram 03 quad cab. THX

me
Anyone

i got a 95 dakota reg cab limited space so i want to make a box that will house two 12s and two amps one for each sub going with jl audio w7s subs any suggestions

motoman22
Sean G, putting two 15" subs in an F-body like yours is a chore if you want to keep the back seat and get enough internal volume to make it worthwhile. I managed to get 3'^3 per driver in a 1984 camaro without losing anything but the hatch area and still had a good view out the back window but it used every bit of the rear shelf and most of the well in the back. Measure and cut, measure and cut, measure and cut..oualla! Looks kinda like this from the side when you're done...the lower part in back sits in the well. You can mount your amp(s) on the front of the box between the enclosure and the top of the back seat. (ignore all the ```` stuff...had to do it to space correctly)

Alex, the quad cab has plenty of room to put pretty much any box you want.

Brad, putting two 12" W7 subs behind the seat of a regular cab Dakota is not hard so long as you don't want the seat anymore. Check out how deep those drivers are and then check how much depth is behind your seat when you are in the truck? Obviously not gonna go, especially if you want two amps in it as well. Your best bet is a cut-through and a boot...or sell those monster subs and get some normal 10's.

motoman22
well, apparently the 'preview' isn't exactly a preview. That didn't turn out right at all.

motoman22

Yeah, more like that. Looking at the left side of the box.

Anonymous
hey i have 2 12" aubiobane and i want to get a custom box for my cutless suprem 94 i have a box but ijust wanted to know if u guys know were i can get a custom one that looks cool email me at witt_hezeki@hotmail.com

Rob
I am looking for designs for a sub box. I have a 94 F-150 and I want to build a box to go under my cenrter consule. I can build it myself I just need ideas. Please email me with anything. Thanks
Rob obiesorter@msn.com

Anonymous
If anyone has plans for a box for 2 JL 10w0 in a 97 f-150 extended cab please send them to me

i have a 2002 ford ranger edge. im have 2 MTX 10s and would like to sit them up against the wall underneath the back glass and still have use of the fold down seats. if yall got any ideas email me.
thanks
Will

motoman22
Will, you can build a box that fits between the seats folded down but where will your passengers put their feet? I did a 2000 ranger XLT extra cab, I know what you are looking for but it's kinda tough to get there from here.

Your best bet is to either sacrafice one side or put the subs in the bed and do a cut-through. There actually is enough room in the rear sides behind and under the folded seats to put a 10" sub but it's a LOT of work...I won't do it again.

Those back seats are useless anyway, try designing a box where the box is molded to where it can be used as a seat. That would be cool.

i need to know how many holes i need to drill for a box that would hold two kicker comp vr's ... for a project im doing in school. Im gonna try to use them so i need the exact amount so i dont f*** up. thanks

i need plans for a box that will hold two kicker comp vr's that or 15's. I mainly need to know the amount of holes i need to drill/where cuz i dont wanna mess up. I'm doing a woods project... thanks

I need a custom box for my 1968 Firebird im lookin for ideas to be thrown at me so if anyones got any cool ideas send me an IM on Da68Birdman or email me at Wetro14@aol.com.

Anonymous
i just got a 96' eclipse spyder gst ... i need a nice custom box to start pimpin' it out...please send me some pics of some or some blue prints or n e thing that might help...

Anonymous
does anyone have an idea for a box that i could put in the back of a 95 blazer. i dont have alot of room but i want to get 3 12' in there. also do u think i will be ok if i run 3 off of an 800 watt amp????

Im looking for someone that can build me a custom bock for a 2003 nissan frontier kingcab, Im looking to put 2 12 inch kicker comp and a mini frig and a space for an xbox and anyone can help please email me

zacdavis
go to your local install shop

I just want a box that can hold 2 10s and 2 12s, if you can make one email me DayumLookAtHim@aol.com thanks

yo, i have a 98 gmc sonoma regular cab. i was thinking about puting one audio bahn 12 and 2 amps flush on the sides, but i really dont think 12 will fit. i want to go with audio bahn(if it will fit), rockford, or jl. help me out i need some ides and tips.

S80FH
JOSH DO NOT FCUKING GO WITH AUDIOBAHN ALL YOU ARE DOIN THERE IS BUYING THE LOOK OTHER THAN THAT THEY ARENT VERY GOOD...I WOULD RECOMMEND FOR A GMC SONOMA IS ONE OR TWO TENS I WOULD SAY ROCKFORD OR AN ALPINE TYPE R.

Yo! I was wondering if yalls could help me with my 94' Firebird.. No damn room in the back unless u wanna use a Q-logic custom. Was wondering if yalls had any other idea of how to fit 1.. yes just 1... 10" sub back there. E-mail any plans u may have to im1unv@hotmail.com thanks a lot.

Anonymous

Alright, I'm after a twin 15in sub box with a couple of ports and a see-through perspex glass front (which i wish to stick a neon light tube inside for effect)iv'e found some in a 10in but not in a 15in anywhere but ive been told to get it custom made would be pretty expensive so I'm considering having a go myself but could do with some advise as to how and what materials to use. Can any1 help??? if so email me on cakenotdrugs@yahoo.com Thanx

Unregistered guest
Hey I was needing some box plans for 4 10" planet audio subs with two amps. Anyone with box plans please send to kmx100@aol.com

Unregistered guest
Hi, I'm looking for someone to make me a custom sub box for an IDmax12 in an 1995 civic coupe. I would like to box to fit in the spare tire well area. Planning on doing a stealth install with false floors covering the amps. I would do this myself but I'm in an area where its hard to get the materials. Whoever can do this can reach me at roninblacksoul@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Unregistered guest
i need to find someone that can make me a box that will fit 2 12' subs in the back of my 94 camero can any oen help?

Unregistered guest
hi i need some box plans for a 15'' sub with 2.5 cf to fit in the back of a ext cab gmc sonoma email me er something

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
hey everyone,
ok id be happy to figure some enclosures and come up with some kind of rough draft if you provide the following information:
vehicle year:
vehicle make:
vehicle model:
roof style (i.e. convertible, t-tops, targa top, sunroof, hatchback):

exact measurements of where you want the speaker box and how much room you have (i.e. trunk, hatch, under seats, spare tire well, without seats, between seats, inside a console, under the dash etc.):
LENGTH:
WIDTH:
HEIGHT:
any offsets or angles to include? if so add the L-W-H for those dimensions as well.

number of drivers (subs) used:
ohm load on each voice coil and single or dual:
exact size, type and brand of subwoofer, the model number:
type and model number of amp being used:
full parameters of the subwoofer (i.e. fs, vas, xmax, qms, qts etc.) the more information the better:

ill get back as soon as i can and from there i can either draw up a rough blueprint i can email you or we can even discuss whether i build the enclosure and if so ill need a few more additional things answered.
in any case if you just want advice, designs, blueprints or having the actual boxes built then i can be reached by email at:
jay_amaro_irocz28@yahoo.com
p.s. please keep in mind the reason this kind of thing isnt done online is because nothing can replace having the actual vehicle near by so as difficult as it will be that is why if im going to try to do this and help as much as i can then i need as much information as possible and that might not be enough but well see. ok thanks and i trust everyone had a good holiday season.

Unregistered guest
Yo what up everybody i got a 94 TA and wanting to hook two 12s in th back.I have 2 JL W6 subs. im not sure what amp yet let me know what you think. im willing to scrafice and give up all the space back there .if you have any suggestions email me at superman374111@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
Anyone have any ideas or specs on how I can build a box into the trunk of my 89 camaro. Im looking to place atleast 2 10s in the back, maybe 2 12s if possible...if anyone has any good ideas or has already built something similiar email me with any suggestions or any prices on just buying a box from one of you guys...thanks

Username: Benavidezrudy

Post Number: 1
I was wondering if anyone has any blueprints for a subwoofer enclosure that would house two 10 inch subs. I am trying to configure this box to fit into a 1990 GMC C-1500 extended cab. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Unregistered guest
i am trying to fabricate a custom designed enclosure. But are having trouble with the exact dimensions for the angles and sizes.It is going in a 95 honda delsol trunk with the carpet and spare tire removed.Ihave a really rough sketch of the basic design. It features 2 12's in a ported box, the subs will fire at a 45 deg angle out and a 30 deg up. i also wanted to have an amp platform set at a 20 degree angle between the subs with a plexi shell that is ported and cooled by 12v fans.Any help is invaluable at this point so I will take any advice seriously. Car show season is a few weeks away and I was hoping to premier this latest creation at the first nopi event in march. If you have any productive advice or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.contact me at jfarley77@sprintpcs.com or on look for hackrplus (no e)on yahoo messenger.

Unregistered guest
Hi, i have a 94 chevy truck ext cab, i have one 10 inch and an amp, i need to get it under the back seat and i am having a lot of trouble making a box for it, i have access to whatever tool i need and all the materials i need, all i need now is a deign that will work! PLEASE! ANYONE with a design e-mail me! bradhall_@hotmail.com

Username: 1994camaro

Post Number: 7
I need a blue print for a 1994 camaro box that will hold two single voice coil Ceron Vega sub's If I can I would like to put them under the back seat's but If I have to I will put them in the hatch.

Frank C.
Unregistered guest
Im looking for anyone who can build a custom designed "box" for a 2000 Mustang. I have something planned already, I just need someone that is good with fiberglass to finish the job>

Frank C.
Unregistered guest
^Feel free to email me @ GTRMN560@hotmail.com.

Bronze Member
Username: Wj94

Post Number: 16
i also have a 2000 mustang....i'm planning on putting one 12" solobaric L7 in there and some kind of 600W RMS amp to power it (not sure which brand yet). i also have the mach audio system, if that makes any difference. if anyone emails Frank C, please email me too, thanks. dgoldenz@vt.edu

Skaggs
Unregistered guest
soon there will be a site where you can email me the size ur working with and the subs u got and i can send u blue prints or manybe even send u the box made. I'm testign out making fiberglass boxes right now i want to see if there as good as they have been said they are.

Unregistered guest
fiberglass has a couple advantages over wood if done properly which would be more ergonomic enclosures rather than the simple geometric limitations of wood since fiberglass can be shaped and molded to hold to the contours of a car better which are more often than not an irregular shape. also density can be better as well as controlled by the enclosure builder but with more hands on time and steps fiberglass can be costly.
i do custom fiberglass enclosures as well as experience working with kevlar and carbon fiber but i dont think it should replace wood its just another option with more emphasis on appearance.
a cheap wood box is just that both in materials and construction of about 90% of what i see on the market but a good wood box (3/4 to 1" mdf or even hdf) isnt cheap either.
so looking at it that way once you get into a high quality wood box thats well designed you are in the same price range of fiberglass.

** my only advice is no matter what anyone says there is NO such thing and it is impossible to have an "off the shelf" universal box that works for any and all subwoofers...especially when dealing with ported and band pass designs.
all subwoofers have different specifications and the enclosure should be designed for each specific driver.
anybody out there looking for a box should avoid ANY box that is premade no matter how good it looks especially ones that claim to allow you to change it from sealed to ported by simply blocking the ports and that may be even worse.

for the best results you should always either:
1. build your own enclosure to specs
2. have a custom enclosure built by someone with experience
3. buy an enclosure from the subwoofers manufacturer and many of the larger name brand companies offer them that can be matched to the subs they sell

i can help with solution number 1 and 2, i can give you dimensions thats always free and also i can build almost any type of enclosure out there.
jay
jay_amaro_irocz28@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
Looking for box design for 2003 dodge ram quad cab. I still want to utilize the rear seat.
If anyone has plans please e-mail them to me at
gkuhn41@hotmail.com
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Tbone

Post Number: 50
In my GMC Sierra, I was able to fit 2 SAS Bazooka tubes exactly 8" from each rear pillar, firing into the pillar, and juiced them with a Autotek X-Class Monoblock. They hit very hard, very deep, and sound perfect. Might work on some the trucks that have little space.

Anonymous

I have an 86 chevy pickup and want to put 2 10's behind the bench seat. I do not have a lot of room at all.Any ideas? I NEED THE HELP

Unregistered guest
Hi i have a 1973 Gmc Truck and i'm hoping to fit 2 10s. It doest have the gas tank behind the seat and im wondering if you guys have any ideas?

Joey
Unregistered guest
I also have a 2000 Mustang GT Coupe that I am trying to put in either a single 12w7 or dual 12w6's I was wondering if anyone had come up with any layouts since I can not seem to find to many. thanks

Joey

perfectdark_11@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
if anyone knows a web site to buy custom fiberglasses boxes email me at snowblow05@aol.com

Username: Shane7643701

Post Number: 2
can anyone tell me or does anyone have any plans for a 94 gmc sierra ext cab 4X4 truck, I want to put my 2 kicker comp cvr 12's under the rear seat along with kicker kx 800@2 amp, also does anyone think this might be alittle too much for a truck? You can email me at shane7643701@yahoo.com

austin
Unregistered guest
i have a branb new sub bow for 2 12"s custom built for a silverado or sierra but i have niether so i am selling it for $80 email me @ hopesfall1002@aol.com if u are interested

Username: Muddpupp69

can ne one give me a price to custom build a box for a 2001 nissan xterra i want to put 4 12 in subs and 2 amps a 5 farad capacitor preferably fiberglass and red want em angled like a inverse dome

Unregistered guest
I have A Ford Ranger Splash standerd cab
I want to put 2 10 in woofers in it with 2 Amps.
I'm not afraid to cut on the truck

xxxsoilworkxxx
Unregistered guest
Im getting a 2000 S10 and im gonna try to build a custom box... I have 2 infinity kappa perfect 12s and a D class amp....any tips or ideas...email me at xxx_soilwork_xxx@yahoo.com Also, some fiberglassing tips would be nice too..if not just gonna make the box and carpet it....thx

Unregistered guest
Hey guys I guess what I want is pretty "simple... I got a 1998 Honda Civic 2 Doors Sedan... I have two 12's and I would like to put them on the sides make two custom boxes on the sides in a way that I can easily access my spare tire... If yall could send me some blueprints or ideas email it to x561ballestplaya@aol.com... Thanks in advance...

Josh Cannon
Unregistered guest
yea for the guy with the 86 chevy all u need is a long skinny box an just enough depth to put ur subs in the box i had a 85 chevy with 2 12's behind my seat an 2 12's in my tool box its sounds hot it u have any questions e-mail me at cannon4@clis.com

Username: Blowitup

Post Number: 3
ok....I have 2 10's (alpine r10's) Also 2 15's (alpine r15's)...i have 1200 watts going to the 10's and 1200 to the 15's....i have a escalade so i have room =).... Should i get ported or sealed box...Which 1 would be louder... thanks

Username: Slickrick83

Gambier, OH USA

I would like to do a custom box for two 12" Fosgates in my 2000 323i BMW. Any suggestions or ideas?

Gambier, OH USA

Post Number: 2
For that last message, my email is Collinsrw@kenyon.edu, thanx.

Unregistered guest
Does anyone have, or know where i can find plans to build a custom box for 2 12's on a 99 blazer? Im looking into what it would take to do it myself. Thanks for any available info, if anyone can help email me at jcadwell@comcast.net

Unregistered guest
I am looking for plans for a box for my 95 camaro. I want it to fit in the trunk space all the way in back. for 2 12s or 10s. If u have any plans can u please send me plans to camartin188@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
Hey could ne one send me plans to make a sub box for my 84 firebird.
I'm kinda thinkin of puttin 2 or 3 12's back there.
If ne one could help please just email me.
Thx

Unregistered guest
could anybody send me plans for a sub box for a 1990 chevy reg. cab.
I'm putting two 10"
I will be very greatful for them. Thanks alot.

audiobahn
Unregistered guest
I've got 2 AW1200Q 12in. AUDIOBAHN subs in a 98 dodge reg. cab truck and its beatin out the damn frame.I went and had it hooked up to a computer that measures db's and it hits 190 with a 2200 watt amp,and some one said dont go with audiobahn.I think S80FH dude should check out where hes gettin his info on speakers

Audiobahn Sucks like Sony
Unregistered guest
HAHAHA. Your eyes must be brown from all the sh*t your full of. 190 db's. That's hilarious. Damn Idiot. Audiobahn wished they could hit 140db's. Your crazy man. Besides, the highest I have ever heard of was just over 176 db's. That was a sh*t load of 15's and 4 times as many amps. 190 db's would blow you up. That is like the nasa shuttle taking off. HAHAHA! KIDS!

Unregistered guest
hey is there anyone out there interested in building a custom box to house 8 10's for tha back of my 1977 ford pinto... Im hopeing to have plexyglass or something wicked send me an email and let me know... oh by the way if your gonna look at spec sizes for my subs there all JBL...nothing less then the best

curtis
Unregistered guest
post one up email is pearson_pearson_pearson@hotmail.com

Buddy
Unregistered guest
JBl subs are not the best.

Unregistered guest
I need plans for 2 12's in a 04 dodge ram 1500 single cab. subs are rockford fosgate t112d2 run by 1501bd amp. im 6foot3 so there's some room limitations but can be done if anyone can help please email me at chrisandcaroline@cox.net

Unregistered guest
I BUILD CUSTOM BOXES AND CAN BASICALLY DO ANYTHING YOU NEED! I CAN MAKE THEM OUT OF FIBERGLASS/WOOD/PLEXI OR ANY COMBINATION. I HAVE MY OWN BUSINESS IN TEMECULA,CA. SO HIT ME UP AND I WILL GIVE YOU SOME PRICES AND MAKE YOU THAT KILLER BOX YOU WANT FOR A WAY BETTER PRICE THAN ANY AUDIO SHOP. I AM ALSO CERTIFIED TO DO THIS SO YES I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING!

Gambier, OH USA

Post Number: 4
I would like to do a custom system for saving space but not giving up sound in my 2000 323i BMW. Maybe something that would hold a RF 300S amp and two RFZ3812's. I'd be extremely grateful for ideas and or plans. thank you.

Thomas Huddleston
Unregistered guest
I have a Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD and right now all i can fit is 4 10"'s. If anyone can make a custom box to fit 2 or 4 12"s without removing anything from the truck then please E-mail me at Gurobot@yahoo.com Will pay very good..... thanx

Anonymous

i have fit 3 12's in the back of my reg cab F150 behind my seat and each sub after sub displacement in its own chamber has 1.15 cubic ft so its very possible just be creative save your money take measurments and build your own with 3/4 mdf wood its realy simple, you can even have the people at your hardwarestore cut all the wood for you! all youd need to do is assemble it!

Username: Anubis989

Alpena, Michigan United states

does anyone know a company that makes custom boxes and walls i need a wall built in my s-10 club cab and i have six 15's that i need to get in there with plexy and lights

Bronze Member
Username: Illfaded

Post Number: 41
gnomeaudio.com

Unregistered guest
can any one build me a box for a 89 comaro. i need it for 2 12's but only got 50 bones to do it with. email me if you can i am in chicago so peace.

oiler
Unregistered guest
I am looking for a box that will fix under a rear seat in an 01 dodge dakota. If anyone out there is looking for a challenge and can do this for a reasonable price email me at jboyes@hydro.mb.ca and I will give you more detail. I am looking at putting two 8" or 10" subs in but I don't want to affect the seating area. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Username: Mattc

Have just bought an Audiobahn AW121T 12" Subwoofer 1100W. Does anyone know a good way to have the sub's magnet showing whilst also maintaining sound volume and quality? Can it just be reversed to fit in a normal box?

Robert J
Unregistered guest
Yes but the air space in the box will now be bigger because you don't have the magnet in side the box any more so it may sound a little different. could be good could be bad but i doubt you had the right size box anyways so it probably won't matter to you.

Robert J
Unregistered guest
Oh yeah i forgot to tell you, you don't have to worry about losing your sound qualty because you never had any anyways. but it may sound a little better be cause the magnet will be facing in the car so it should stay cooler and won't distort as fast.

RedHatSolutions
Unregistered guest
I have a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT standard cab and i need 2 12 inch kicker L7's and a kenwood 1000w amp to fit, any ideas?

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
sorry everyone here and i have been busy with more work than i can handle (summer is almost here and everyone wants to get ready i guess) but ill try to post more regularly with comments and help but anyone needing custom designed and built enclosures through the internet then i can be reached through my company- AM Audio
and i just completed the online estimate form so that i can process orders and requests more efficiently.
the online form can be found within my site under the "shopping page" link and things are slow to develop with my site since i am also the webmaster, designer, webdesigner for content and html coding and editor...i need an assistant! hmm i wonder if i should add an application page to the site too??
but anyways trying to help all the audiophiles one at a time and sooner is always better than later.
thanks,
jay

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
heh heh oops i forgot the link to my site :P
http://amaudio.8k.com

Unregistered guest
Hey i bought a Pioneer 10'sub and a MTX 200 watt amp and dont want to buy a box for it. Can someone please send me some plans on how to make one. Or even a website. My email is thunder_6969@hotmail.com

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
your just LAZY buddricks

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
i will help you buddricks but you would have to email me your credit card details, im only helping on this site to earn money but i do a fair job and im not the most expensive out there, contact details as above,
thanks,
jay

Bronze Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 39
jay is g@y
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us