Kenwood amp

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 375
i was wondering if i could put bigger fuses in my kac9152d kenwood. because they are rated for 1 ohm stable but whenever i run it at 1 ohm it blows a fuse so i was wondering if i put a slightly larger fuse in it could it work without ruining the amp?

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Tn Us

Post Number: 251
somebody had a problem with there kenwood amp running at 1 0hm

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2785
I would not mess with the fuses they are that rating for a reason. Are you sure everything is wired right(ohm load)and is your gain set right.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 562
NEVER get a bigger fuse. It's there for protection purposes.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3538
DO NOT EVER install a fuse bigger than what is specified. That would defeat the purpose of the fuse.

Kenwood amps are crap, and that model has been known to have problems at 1 ohm. My advice, you need a new amp.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2945
that amp should have 2 30 amp fuses. If its blowing them, then you may have a amp problem. Re check the ground wire. That amp should handle a 1 ohm load.

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1787
im the one who installed the amp for him. the ground has no resistence so its alright. it does have 2 30 amp fuses. its getting 14 volts of power. all hu settings correct.

the amp is rated like so:

4ohm-500rms
2ohm-900rms
1ohm-900rms

see that doesnt make any sence. it makes 900rms at 2 and 1ohm ive heard people having problems at 1ohm. shouldnt it have more power at 1 then 2ohms.

i just think kenwood is full of bs saying its 1ohm stable and its not really. the amp worked fine under a 2ohm load.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2946
They dont like to run at 1 ohm. I had my X811D worked on, and it ran fine at 1 ohm. Just beefed up the solder lines going to and from the power supply, and also replaced some resisters and caps inside with beefier ones from an old TV. But it shouldnt blow fuses, it should just go into protect if it dont like the 1 ohm, Most problem problem with those are the power supplies. Kenwood suggest there may be a short in the speaker wires, or the volume is too high.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1788
the stereo goes to 62 and the fuses blow around 35. i really dont think its worth it to put that much time and effort into it.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2947
agreed. Use it at 2 ohms, or ditch it.

Sox 2-0

Gold Member

Post Number: 1789
i go with ditch it :-)

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Tn Us

Post Number: 256
ya kenwood is ga y,i had the amp u got its the kac9103.i ran it @ 2 ohms,blew it with some old rockford fosgate 150 rms 15 inch subs on it,and took it back and got another and it wouldnt even power on,im with ditch it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us