OT...timing belt spray

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15505
i am getting squeeking noise form the the timing belt. i sprayed wd40 and it goes away for a bit but comes back.

my friend told me at autozone they sell a special spray that you spray on your timing belt and it will be smooth. does anyone know about that?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5413
You shouldn't spray wd40 on your belt.There is special spray that is made just for belts but who knows if it will work out.Maybe it's time that you replace your belt?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5414
WD-40 works on R/C car belts because it softens them up but it's not recommended to be used on cars from what I know.People even say not to use belt dressing because it gums up the pulleys so...your belt may be worn and that's what's causing it to squeal or squeak.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15511
yeah. ima get a new one.

also rob i am just itching to drop 185 bux on 500 awake potions on silent murder. i need help seriously. lol

i just can't get away from that game.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6583
you still play that chad?

ill send you all the money i have on there if you want it....only like 5 mill

Gold Member

Post Number: 5419
If you played more Dota you would forget about Silent Murder and I tried to get you to stop playing that already.The deeper you get in the harder it will be to dig yourself out.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15512
yeah ima start playing dota again. but the problem is my connection at home goes on and off.

yanks go ahead if you want.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3675
I have never had a timing belt squeak, could be other problems witht he drive cogs or such, even if the belt is dry and cracking it should never sqeak. If that belt goes out while ur driving kiss the engine GOODBYE get it fixed ASAP..Polo. <3rd generation mechanic...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us