Box position question..

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3663
Does it matter if the port is on driver or passenger side with this type of install? I personally would say no because of the distance and the spacing from either side os less that 2 ft so what say the pros? I know you gonna say try it BUT I don't have the luxury of installing it and then pulling it back out. Polo..

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6556
ive always heard port on drivers side and sub on passenger.....

but im not expert on this matter by any means

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3664
bump

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1251
I think ultimate output is port passenger seat with subs firing into drievrs seat. But this is mainly for competition reasons

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12412
if ur going up for competition & getting metered then i think it would make more sense to put the port on the passenger's side since its there where they put the sensor......

btw - that there port is facking HUGE ! ....

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 551
what is that? 4" flared to 6"???

port is louder on driver's side, but not really audibly. you won't tell the difference, less you have sensitive ears.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3665
lOl naaa it is a Kerf box, then end is flaired but looks huge . Now I have had so much conflicting info, most everyone says port driver side that is why this box is the way it is. It would be easier for me to put it passenger side because it is set for that. The reason I will not be able to try it both ways is one the sub is fcking heavy as hell, I have to put it in after the box is in. With a sub that has a 4hp for an @ss this makes it difficult indeed when mounting vertically!! For two I have to glue a vibration barrier on the bottom, this keeps the box from interacting with the floor of the trunk causing any type of coloration to my music (pretty picky). It comes down to I want to do it right the first time getting tired of fighting with my sh!t.. Polo. :-O

BTW- I love my Z1a...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us