New Setup..need opinions

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 577
Whats up guys? I know its been a while since I've been on here but I thought I was done with car audio and the bug has bitten me again so I may be getting another system. This is what I'm thinking about running for a daily killer setup and a few comps maybe once a month at the most. My stock alt is 140 amps because my Jeep has the towing package. Do you think I could push this with only extra batterys or do I have to upgrade my alt? If I can do with only batterys, what kind do yall reccomend?

2 Fi BL 15s (fully loaded)
2 MTX Thunder Elite 1501ds (I get these cheap as hell with my employee discount at circuit city)
Big 3 Upgrade

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1906
i'd go two kicker 1500 (240 each with discount) or a kicker 2500....you can get 80 percent off at circuit city and they're all around much more efficient than mtx amps....or at least i thought so...someone pleas correct me if im wrong

even though those amps are very efficient, it'd be a LOTTTTT of strain on the old alt with 3000 rms....i ran one 1500 and one 350.4 on my cherokees stock 124 and it took it like a champ never dropped below 12 volts....

Silver Member

Post Number: 578
that makes sense...i was interested in the MTX's because they are 200 each but the kickers arent that much of a difference. What do you think about either the kinetic 2400 or the HC 16 volt battery, or maybe two of them instead of an alt and a battery?

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1248
screw the BLs, get havox! ;]

Silver Member

Post Number: 579
where do I get havocs from? ascendant audio's site is down

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6555
holy crap its goin deaf....whats been up bud?

anyway, go to here for AA and some others
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/shop/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=2&ccSID8643d d60547e611052421a6659ed64d2=9787c2c9004a4e8735803454435b1113

Silver Member

Post Number: 580
haha nothin but workin and payin the bills. Ive got a lot of catching up to do here lol. Im actually in the process of building a Mustang but I want to go for first in the christmas bass jam here in NC this year. Don't you all think fully loaded BLs will hit higher than the havocs on the same power?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3491
Batteries are NOT a substitute for an HO alternator. They serve completely different purposes.

Yes you're going to need more than 140 amps for a 3000 watt system.

" i'd go two kicker 1500 (240 each with discount) or a kicker 2500....you can get 80 percent off at circuit city and they're all around much more efficient than mtx amps "

I second that. Build quality is another factor, MTX's amps suck. Them VS Kicker amps is no contest.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us