Look what FEDEX left at the door

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 358
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/MrCabinetry/DB%20Amps%20and%20EQ/PA200296 .jpg

These arrived today, now my components are complete for the install:

Alpine CDE-9846 FM/AM MP3 CD Receiver
Alpine SPR-17LP 6-1/2" Coaxial 2-Way Speaker
4 - ED SQ 10's

I'm a happy camper

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 7022
arent you an audiophile???? why did you get alpine and ed?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3869
^^ i was thinking the same :-) .. coaxials at that :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 359
I got alpine because I got it in trade for router table counter top I did for a car audio shop customer.

The ED SQ10's I bought @ 55 a pop and because there d@mn good subs and they have the SQ response I like without having to eat up a sh!tload of volume and they have the right amount of SPL output without pizzin off anyone outside the vehicle.

And I got the amps & eq in trade for this enclosure I am doing for the customer:

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12409
hmm NICE ! ^^^^

always had a idea of putting elbows in a pipe port but ur the 1st i can honestly say i have do it .....

Silver Member

Post Number: 360
Rovin,

Here's a few more just to show ya what going on inside:

Upload

Upload

As for using elbows in round ports, lately I've been hearing from other people that used them were saying that they were getting port noise using them.

I've done plenty of round ports w/elbows and no one has brought up the issue.

Here's one I did for mtx thunder 8000's model# T8128 separate chambers ported and the only thing I can think of why anyone would get port noise is from the ends of the ports, but I deal with that by making a mdf ring attached to the end and round over the edge of the port ID.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5408
I wonder how that's going to work out for air flow.

Silver Member

Post Number: 361
if your referring to the direction the ports are aimed is a not issue given the subwoofer/port are separate chambers.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12427
hey thanks Phil - u showing us all stuff which pro builders hide ...given me some good ideas there to practice with in the future

from the beginning i always loved pipe & aeroports main reason is no matter if u calculated something on a pc but dont like how it sounds INside ur ride u can always pull it out ,shorten or lengthen & replace it back in 5mins

i hold together my aeroports with duct tape & it holds pretty damn good too .....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us