Problem with system. Please help!

Bronze Member
Username: Deserteagle50cal

Post Number: 35
I have 2 15" kicker cvx's 2ohm. Earthquake phd5000. I have the subs wired in series for the 2ohm load on the amp. Well, when I turned it on there was very quiet distorted bass. You could barely tell they were even on. I went through all my settings on the radio and I kept the gain around half way on the amp while messing with the hertz. I can unplug one sub and the one that is still hooked up pounds like crazy. So I unhooked it and hooked the other sub up and it pounds by itself. Do you think that my charging system just isn't strong enough for that amp? I have a ford expedition with a factory alt. which is 150 amps and a red top optima battery. 2 gauge wire run through with 10 gauge speaker wire on subs. What do you think I will need to power it up correctly? Would a 200 amp alt make a difference? Extra battery? Any help will be appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 707
I'd see if you have them out of phase- that's what it sounds like. Thats when you have the + and the - hooked up backwards. Common mistake.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3472
^^^^^^ I second that

Definetly sounds like they're out of phase. To fix it, check if the + and - wires are reversed on ONE speaker.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Cool. I'll check. Thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3486
Hold on here, I just noticed something else:

" I have 2 15" kicker cvx's 2ohm. Earthquake phd5000. I have the subs wired in series for the 2ohm load on the amp. "

Two 2 ohm subs wired in series is 4 ohms total. It is not possible to wire two 2 ohm subs to a 2 ohm total.

Or is each one DVC 2 ohm?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
They are both dual

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3699
Run both subs in series then connect them togethor in parallel. If they are working fine by thereself your deff connecting them with reverse polarity.....(+\- backwards somwhere)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
That was exactly the problem. Thanks alot guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us