Chaunceybrown

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 494
please shoot me an email. i got the re10 today and it is f ucked. the motor is f ucked and there is no come movement.
the sides were packed good but the motor was just sitting on the bare cardboard excpt for a little layer of bubblewrap.
Upload
Upload
Upload
you can see that the crack goes all the way around.

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

DD 3512

Post Number: 428
did chauncey sell you that?? I bet UPS or fedex dropped the dang thing or just through it on ur door step because they dont care.

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5......ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Lord Protect...

Post Number: 554
Ouch

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5346
damn, that sucks. so all there was was one layer of bubble wrap at the bottom? was it double boxed at least with more packaging in between the two boxes?

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1296
Damn that must su(k.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5378
I hope that thing was insured.

Silver Member

Post Number: 495
hole in the bottom of the box from where it was sitting.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1242
ouch that sucks

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5330
try and file a claim with the shipping company right away and throw in some more bubble wrap that way that cant say it wasnt packed good enough, even though it wasnt.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10636
My condolences. May she R.I.P.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12377
^^^x2 .....

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2015
looks like it got run over by a lawn mower.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13019
WHOA!!!!!I packed the sh!t out of that sub...I will contact Fedex and let them no what happened..dude im sorry as he!! I lined the whole box with Bubblewrap2ximes...Im not sure how that would have happened???

Silver Member

Post Number: 496
no worries. i tried not to come off as a d ick even though i was upset. not at you but just at fedex, but sometimes it gets hard to control my anger.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 543
hope you used that big bubble-bubble wrap, and not those teeny little bubbles those 2 times....

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5347
i'm with mat, that wasn't packaged well enough for shipping.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2273
atleast now its dual slug

Silver Member

Post Number: 501
i filed a claim with fedex, it was insured for 100 so i should be able to get my money back, bet we all know how the claims work...

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13021
"i'm with mat, that wasn't packaged well enough for shipping."

Did you see it when i packed it??? If not stfu...Thanx

Gold Member

Post Number: 5393
You wrapped a sub with bubble wrap.How stupid can you be?Let's say that sub weighs 20 pounds alright?Imagine dropping a 20 pound weight on 2 layers of bubble wrap.Do you actually think the bubble wrap will be enough to cushion that mass?I don't.What you should have done was shipped the sub with thick 2'' foam plates all around it.That would have been the SMART thing to do.To think that you work at NASA...are you the janitor there or are you the custodian?You sure as h3ll can't be too intelligent if you think it would have survived with bubble wrap.You were being lazy and cheap so you didn't go and pick up some cheap insurance(Dow foam boards) to pack that sub properly.This is the problem with buying subs off of people online.Oh and since you told CTmike to stfu...maybe you should ask him if he can teach your dumb a ss to pack a sub for shipping.The TC-9 he sent me came to me in an extremely damaged box but the sub was encased in foam so it was fine.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5349
"Did you see it when i packed it??? If not stfu...Thanx"

damn, someone is high strung. no i did not see the way it was packed, but regardless. you said yourself you lined the box twice with bubble wrap. and that's it, no extra support/packing for the motor, which is the heavy part. if anything the motor should have been wrapped up a little better, than double boxed with paper/styrofoam peanuts/something between the two boxes. by the looks of the box in the pics, the box seems to have made it there with little damage to it at all (again, from the pics), and even the pic of the bottom part only shows damage to the point the sub was resting on. looks as if fedex actually handled it relatively carefully, but due to the improper packing the box wasn't able to support it.

oh, and i like how you singled just myself out on this? why not mat dope, who was the first to say it?? and was wondering if you still have the dayton for sale? if you could give me pics, or the name of the person you bought it from, i'd take it.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15481
guys this is a problem between chauncey and kyle. lets let them solve it. who are we to critisize?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME

Post Number: 3375
I just shipped out my hd3's to matt turner. Hope they arrive their safe. I believe I did a good job in packing it :-). 2" foam from home depot on the bottom, then some foam noodles above that, and then made a circle with the foam noodles for the mag to sit in place. Then surrounded the sides with foam noodles and place a 2" foam on top. Atleast I got insurance on it so fosho :-).

Gold Member

Post Number: 5394
"2" foam from home depot "

Impressive.Berny,you're the man.I can see you actually care about those subs getting there in one piece.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1299
I think Chad is right.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5400
Chad may be right but I love getting into fights and bullsh1t apparently.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 976
I wont criticize, but i will say ive sent 80+ lb subs to Hawaii with no issue what so ever.

Ask me how they were packed. ;)

Expect the worst hope for the best. Not.... expect a miracle. HA!

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15484
i hope you are good at packing ren. that's your business. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2937
put that on a wall socket and make a vid. That will free up the cone.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 981
Im the best nicca. Yet....Even the best can get fugged buy a shipper tho.

Generally, i top with particle board, and cap the bottom as well, with foam tween the sub and board both ways, braced 4 times.

Yet i have STILL been hosed by DHL once on an O/S 18" XXX. 4 the record.

100% references on lord knows how many forums? Spare the packing, spoil the sale. 2x with bubbles? Ummm... not my choice.

Silver Member

Post Number: 505
the fate of this sub is yet to be decided, im waiting to hear from fedex

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13022
"Let's say that sub weighs 20 pounds alright?"

Let's state facts and say it weighes 6pounds :-)

I have shipped Many subs the same exact way....05XXX, DD9515, etc...all heavy subs...never once has this happen...For it to be in that condition they must have dropped it pretty hard...because for a 6lb sub or anything for that matter...it was enough padding in the box to keep the sub safe....

Also im sorry ctmike...just pissed that this happened nothing against u or anybody....

Silver Member

Post Number: 506
oh chauncey, you know it weight 6.5 pounds

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10650
Just to put it out there, with the crazy shit that can be exposed to any package, you could suspend your sub in shock proof gel and they would find a way to damage it. You see the commercials where the nicely dressed, patient, and courteous delivery man hand delivers your package in prestine condition.

Reality is quite different and doesn't involve one guy. From truck to truck, forklift to forklift, there can be dozens of reasons why shit like this happens. Prepare for the worst yes, but aren't you supposed to be paying for the best? You already pay for the service. Why should I have to buy insurance to pay for their fuckup?????? Just curious.

Shame is I order alot online and consider myself a winner if it ever reaches its' final destination, let alone the condition.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5401
Well...if you've ever worked at UPS or Fedex you'd know that each and every package is thrown in a timely manner.Also,my statement about 20 pounds was just for an example.Tape 2 layers of bubble wrap to a 5 pound weight and drop it from waist height onto your bare foot.I bet you won't.Just admit that you're a lazy and cheap f ucker that didn't want to spend the money or time to package the sub and it will be all good.Make it right b1tch and I'll stop calling you a....

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1577
I honostly dont think thats the companys fault. If you ship something you need to pack it good enough to withstand a tornado and an earthquake. It doesnt matter if its something worth .50 cents or 500 dollars. I think it is entirley Chauncys fault. Kyle if I were you Id ship the POS sub back to Chauncy and get every penny you paid for it back. he was just lazy and didnt pack it good enough. Go ahead b*tch all you want Chauncy or Chancey or what evet the f*ck your name is,you didnt pack it good enough so you need to refund him every penny. Kyle ship it back to him and get ALL your money back.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5402
"you didnt pack it good enough so you need to refund him every penny."

Word.

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10448
DAMN! I got a avalanche delivered to me in a crated box with foam all around the sub and it was still damaged. 2 pieces of bubble wrap? I am not criticizing but all I know is I wouldn't ship a sub that way. If you work at NASA don't you have a in on that temprupedic SH!T? lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us