Four 8s or two 10s, wat is better?

Username: Audio_obsession

Post Number: 1
Im looking into installing a system in my truck. I dont really have enough room for 2 10s but Im pretty sure 4 8s will fit. I just wanted to ask is it better two have two 10in subs at 500watts each (1000 total). Or is it "better" to have four eights 250watts each (1000 total)? or is it exactly the same? I know that having two subs is more acoustically dynamic than having one, right? THANKS!!!

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1551
I would do 2 10s

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13010
depends on the overall goal of ur setup...space...power...etc...

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 180
check out a truck box from kicker. wont take up much room at all and in the refurbs from hifisoundconnection you can get a cvx 10 for 170 or a cvx 12 for 200 (plus shipping). check dimensions, i'm not sure what subs you were looking at but for the price a cvx truck box would be tough to beat.

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/fp/sfv/30046/tcat/94218/set_num/ 2/order/asc/order_by/sell_price

just my $.02

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1659
ed sq slim lines.... theres more options for thin 10" subs

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6764
I agree with rovin let us know what space you have demensions wise power wise and sound your looking for and we can give you a better idea which way to go....type of vehicle and alternator size if known would also be helpfull

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12371
u meant chauncey not me ....

2 10s done correctly could be = loud to a 15" ...

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2751
2 10s

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2267
4 8 rl-i's

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 906
Those eD SQ 10s are supposed to be pretty crazy for their size. 4 Assassin 8s would probably be pretty dope too.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6781
yeah what rovin said lol.....where did I get rovin from.....I must have been thinking about another post

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Tn Us

Post Number: 224
8's arentt that bad somebody got like 135 dbs out of 2 re 8's with only 400 or maybe 500 watts going to them

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1582
^lol that was Wolfman. He had 2 RE 8s and a PG 400watt amp. I would go with 2 10" JL w6, give them 400-500wrms each and they will pound and sound awesome. You will prolly have to put them in a sealed enclosure but they will still sound great. Just my 2 pennies.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 985
4 8's FTW

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 1990
4 8's is better. The type of subs, quality of the install, box build, vehicle type, power supply and such are all insignificant. The only thing that matters in a system is how many subs of what size.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 987
My bad. I shall correct.

4 8's, ...... and 15 stickers. FTW!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12394
using more cone area does sound loud - but IMO u can use less subs with more handling power still sounds deeper if u know what im trying to say .....

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3470
8s just don't get the low bass well enough. I'd definetly do 2 10"S

Post Number: 2
I have an S10 single cab. The room I have for the box is only 12 in high, 8in deep on bottom, 5in deep on top, and 50 in wide. It would most likely have to be a sealed wedge. For the sub woofer depth I only have about 5.5 inchs to play with. I would love to go with 2 10in w6s but the depth on those is 6.9in. So I was thinking of going with 4 8inch W3s. The encloser volume for my box matches up with the rec volume of the subs so i think it would be the best setup. I also want at least 500watts RMS.

Post Number: 3
I am also more into metal and rock than rap. although I do enjoy deep bass. The 8in W3s are rated for 150watts so four of them at 500watts should hit pretty loud. It would also be a very high professional install.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us