Dd 9515 with mtx 9201 amp? anything better?

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 623
ok im thinking of getting a 9515 dd sub with the 92001 mtx amp . wel the amp sais it will do 3000 rms at 1 ohm, and the sub sais it is rated 4 ohms and something else well how would that even work with that amp. cuz that amp only does 1000 rms at 4 ohms. wel i was just wondering if that sub would work with that amp or what other amp would be better for the same price? or if 2 fi bl's would be better cuz im looking for sql more than spl.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Money man, blowin

Post Number: 2962
with a 4 ohm sub you can wire to a 2 ohm load which will probably be 2000 watts... honestly i think you should go with a different amp, but thats just me

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6741
ill check with my brother but that might be the series that doesnt handle the 1 ohm load well but they do have nice features esp. for spl use

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 144.9 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 208
that amp is not very reliable at 1 ohm and run it at 2ohms that amp will put out around 2500 true power. hope you have a good charging system

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2728
That amp will bang the hell out of that sub.

Get a DD9515 dual 2ohm.
http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=9500g

MTX Thunder TA92001 comes with a birthsheet/Dyno Certificate.
For Example the MTX Thunder TA81001 is
http://www.mtx.com/Flash2/performance_certificates9.html

MTX Thunder TA92001
http://www.millionbuy.com/mtxta92001.html

If you have the proper charging system you can run that amp at 1ohm just fine.

Don't forget your charging system is very important. Your system is only as good as its weakest link.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3392
Newer MTX amps blow...... that is all.

And you can order DD subs with any coils you want.

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 624
oh wel thanx guys. yes i am gona be getting that sub and no i have not gotten a charging system but it wil take me some time but i wil be posting pics of everythign when im done but it wont be til bout febuary til i get everything. what other amp would you guys recomend on getting for that sub?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2739
Anything that does a REAL 1500/3000RMS at what ever load you need.

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 295
how much u payin for tha dd

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 7012
i got two re audio sx that will handle that mtx perfectly if you interested let me know they still be alil louder than the dd and have pretty much same sq

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 625
(j noel) i aint sure i think its around 600 or somethign not sure, but ( zpeedy mclovin ) are u sure that the sx's will be louder than the 15 9500? idk but that sounds weird. and ure sure there gonna be a lil louder than it? wel post some pics of them and let me see. thanx. oh and idk what amp id use besides that cuz teh 2500 kicker is liek 800 bucks too much. and i cant find a US amp or a ZAPCO one that wil put out that much.

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 626
oh and zpeedy.. how are they suposed ot get louder when they only handle 1000 each and a dd 9515 can do 3000 rms??? and i think teh sx is rms at 500 not sure though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2747
RE SX 1000RMS each

Gold Member

Post Number: 7014
michael... watts dont mean a thing but numbers..

they have mt coils they handle up to 2k rms they are modded my friend... i see you live in wisconsin you can even pick them up..

they are louder than dd 9515 from 2500 rms and under because they are more efficient the dd gets loud but u will need 3.5k rms or more to get that thing moving...

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Memphis MC-2500D, 2 15 RD Audi... US of A

Post Number: 1989
i think rob might be right u need a big amount of power to get that dd moving, why wuld u get taht awesome sub and look into shittty amps like mtx???

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6785
not all mtx amps are bad but dont get that one my bro (scott s) told you to stay away from they are known to crap out at 1 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3653
I have a XXX-6500 $500 plus actual shipping and we might be able to work on that ;) Polo..

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 627
ohh nice .. wel yea id deffinately want those sx's then but its just the money issue im working on gettin enough. itl take me liek 3 weeks still. but yea id love to take them off your hands. and idk CHASE i heard that the newer ones were god i wasnt sure or not and i though tthe dd 9515 would move at around 2200 rms i didnt knwo that it took so much to move that sub so nvm.but Zpeedy McLovin .. how much would u want for the pair? and polo id love teh xxx to but the deal from him came firts so well see i gess. idk . what amp are you running to teh sx's anyway?

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 628
BUMP

Gold Member

Post Number: 7020
the sxs im selling are cheaper than the bls :-)

Upload

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 629
so wut wuld u tke for em? 480 or something? and wear r u located?

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 630
BUMP

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 631
BUMP

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 308
michael i got a dd9918 (tha beast) still in box just back from dd from being reconed....i will sell it to you for arount what your giving for the 15 and my sub is worth alot more and will be alot louder...

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 632
sweeet but like said itl take me bout 3 weeks to get the money and i think by then itl be sold. and i doubt an 18 wil fit in my trunk my trunk is 17 inches high lol.. but idk i might be able to face it up towards the trunk so it could fit . idk though those prolly take liek 4000 to get pushin huh?

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 633
bump bump

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Tn Us

Post Number: 241
if them are 15 inch sx;s and u still got them how much will u take for one of them

Gold Member

Post Number: 7025
i want to sell them as a pair they got mt coils so to find another one u need to pay for the coils and a recone and put them in the woofer so its much more costly and is rare to find.. i coudl give youa a nice price but ill sell the two of them

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Tn Us

Post Number: 242
nah just want one
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us