ED Nine.4?

Bronze Member
Username: Vash3000

Post Number: 65
Are these amps any good in terms of sound quality? Are they comparable to the JL 300/4 amps? Im looking to purchase one for my Infinity Reference components which takes in 90 watts. These amps states that it pushes out 65 watts at 12.5 volts so im guessing itll be around 70+. Is there any other 4 channel alternative amp for around $250?

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 831
I have one and I love it. Extremely uncomfortable on my semi-virgin ears when it's cranked. I can't really comment on the SQ, it being the first car amp I've heard. It runs my subs also.

Front channels running ADS 245ix 2 way comps at 4 ohms.
Rear Channels running a Mach 5 MAW 12 each. Decently loud too.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5259
with those speakers i wouldnt worry about the SQ unless you plan on changing them out at some point to be honest, they are ok though, entry level. i would get the JL if you have the money for it its a nice amp. the ED amp isnt bad so if it fits your budget better get it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 839
bump for the OP.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3359
Exactly what mat dope said. Those speakers are not real good.

Bronze Member
Username: Vash3000

Post Number: 66
seems like theres a few infinity haters here. I dont know what other brand of speakers your comparing the Infinity Reference to but for $100 they sound pretty good. I actually listened to them compared to some polks and I actually like the Reference model better. I even like this model better than the infinity kappa components. More clearer with the reference. But Im asking advice for the ED Nine.4 amp not my Infinity reference components if you misunderstood the topic. SO any comments on the ED Nine.4 amps? GOod? Bad? Decent?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3369
Actually, Infinity speakers are not bad for the price.

That said, a good set of component speakers (which is the primary component of a sound system), are going to cost a lot more than $100.

Silver Member

Post Number: 844
NINe.4 is good for sure. I can't see what could be complained about, besides maybe the power and ground terminals. It just takes a little longer to get the wire in there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us