Looking for good 6x9 speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Teomcdohl

Wantagh, Ny USA

Post Number: 17
Hey, I'm looking to replace 6x9 speakers in my TSX in the rear package. Any suggestions on a good pair of speakers to replace them with? I'm also open to the idea of buying a converter to make the holes 6.5" but would prefer to replace them with 6x9. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3302
Go with 6.5s

When you start looking into high end speakers, you will find that they do not use weird sizes like 6x9.

But why are you upragding the rear speakers anyway? Your focus should be on a good set of components for the front. Good-sounding system usually don't involve rear speakers.

More on that:
http://www.glasswolf.net/caraudio/rearfill.html

Bronze Member

Wantagh, Ny USA

Post Number: 18
I'm putting Infinity Kappas in the front and rear doors 6.5 and the rear deck has 6x9s... since i have the kappas its not a big deal, i was just wondering what to do about the package tray. thanks for the input.

Bronze Member

Wantagh, Ny USA

Post Number: 19
Speaking of which, I just read the article, it's a nice article. Can you recommend any good mid-bass speakers for my rear deck?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3316
CDT makes great speakers. The M6 are very good midbass speakers.

But you really don't even need that. The sound should ideally sound like its coming from in front of you, like a concert. Your front components should produce enough midbass.

I would recommend getting better speakers though. Infinity are not that great. There are a lot worse brands, but I would put them in the "budget" category at best.

CDT, Focal, Rainbow make excellent comp. speakers, just to name a few.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12952
"I would recommend getting better speakers though. Infinity are not that great. There are a lot worse brands, but I would put them in the "budget" category at best."

^^Ditto...I even like alpine speaks better..

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12316
NO OFFENCE TO ANY1 but :

i found that no matter how much u explain to ppl about rearfill they say they STILL WANT IT - its a free world so makes no sense trying to change them & alot of ppl dont care about SQ only loud ...

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4960
i'd buy a pair of pioneer REVS 6x9 just to fill in.

Cheap and decent.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3317
I agree with Rovin.

However I think the reason for it is b/c most poeple have never heard a good SQ system.

Bronze Member

Wantagh, Ny USA

Post Number: 20
I'm pretty much open to anything, to be honest. I looked up Rainbow prices, and... its pretty steep. If I were to set it up as suggested, I'd just get a good pair of components such as Rainbow, hook up the tweeters and bam, I'd have a good system?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3322
Ranbow are very expensive. With CDT you can can an excellent set of components for under $400, hard to beat.

Of course there are other things that affect how your system will sound. You need an good amp with enough power. And of course installation has a huge effect. For example, midbass speakers need a proper enclosure built for them to sound good.

Bronze Member

Wantagh, Ny USA

Post Number: 21
In an ideal world, I'd like to use the kappas still, but I'd be open to putting a nice set of components in front... it's a lot of money and time to be able to do this, time i have, money not so much. as far as building an enclosure, thats a pain in the butt. the idea for me is to have a good, decent sounding system with not much modification - i want to retain stock functionality as much as possible. any suggestions as far as that goes? ...

additionally, if i bought a pair of CDT components for the front, and stuck the kappas in the rear doors and back with a JL a6450 amp... what do you think? I'd like for me to have a rich sound (as the driver) but at the same time, I'd like for the backseat to sound good as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us