Does anyone have an opinion on this amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Teomcdohl

Wantagh, Ny USA

Post Number: 16
JL a6450 - 6 channel with balanced inputs. Looking to buy one for my TSX. Any opinions?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5211
Anything from JL Audio is pretty much a quality product.Their amps are very efficient and they put out pretty good sound quality too.I'm not familiar with that exact model that you're talking about but any JL product usually performs pretty well but you pay a hefty fine(Hefty Fine was the name of a BloodHound Gang CD :-) ) for it too.

Bronze Member
Username: Thunderb

Post Number: 68
I agree with Rob. JL Audio has always made good amplifiers and subwoofers. I think the price you pay for their name to be on that amplifier or subwoofer is way to steep though. You can get amplifiers made just as well or better for less.

Bronze Member
Username: Dj_007

Carlisle, KY US

Post Number: 79
JL audio is over rated over priced.. and thier support is horriable.. i have a buddy with one of those amps and it isnt quite what i woudl expect for what it costs.. i ahve personally owned a 450/4 and a 1000/1 and after a year of being run hard but with 1/0 power and grounds, big 3, and 2 extra batteries so i know where where getting clean signal i started getting horriable amplifier noise.. the regulated power supplies get hot and dont last long.. buy something else if u want something to keep for years to come.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3298
JL amps are not over rated and the are reliable, well built.

They ARE overpriced though.

Bronze Member

Carlisle, KY US

Post Number: 83
ok take an A 1800 for example.. says at 2 ohm it does 1000 watts.. no it doesnt.. it may do 800.. but every one i have ever installed or used was the most un impressive 800 watts iv seen...

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3336
JL Amps are known to do their rated power.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5285
"JL Amps are known to do their rated power."

Yep.Also,they do their rated power at just about whatever ohm load you give them.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6532
Derek, maybe you've mistaken JL with Pyramid/Sony?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5287
Hahaha.I knew you'd come Isaac :-)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6533
Yeah, so you got me! Maybe next time I won't come or be busy at the subs forum.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5291
I like bounce all around and hit up every section that I can :-)

Bronze Member

Carlisle, KY US

Post Number: 84
ok i have worked selling and installing JL audio equipment.. and i know what its like.. im not impressed at all especially for what it costs.. also as for about them doing the same power at any ohm load?? only the / "slash" series do taht.. they do the same power from 1.5 to 3 ohm and that is accomplished with an extremely power hungry regulated power supply that gets really hot.. because they are designed for the W7.. the A and E series amplifiers especially mono amps are 2 ohm stable. and absolutely will not run at any ohm loads lower that than.. i know from experience.. that is very un impressive to me since the MTX TC series amps are 2 ohm stable and will run daily at 1 ohm.. and cost half as much..

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3339
But MTX amps suck

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4970
MTX doesn't suck that way M.S, they're just very expensive for what they do, for example a 1502D is good, it was a popular amp back then, but not the greatest thing.

Bronze Member

Carlisle, KY US

Post Number: 85
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3975

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5586

and the MTX can be abused way more.. aka i can be ran at 1 ohm daily.. i know people that do it..

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Tn Us

Post Number: 173
mtx are good amps i have the mtx ta4501 but i never tried running it at 1 0hm.jl is a TOP line amp but they are not worth it cuz just about every top line thang they charge mmore than its really worth,just because they are stengy beaches
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us