Help! how can i get the best sound

Username: Ruffrider285

Post Number: 1
I have a sony explod 1200 watt amp XM-2002GTR
(2)800watt kicker dual voice coil 2 ohm subs 12inch...

What is the best way to wire these up to get the best possible bass and sound? Series or parallel?

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1125
How you wire them to the amp will have no influence on how they sound. How they sound depends on the subs them selves, the box and your amp settings.

If you want great sound go with a sealed box, or a ported box tuned to around 32-35hz (I believe, not familiar with xplod subs)

Post Number: 2
I have a sealed box, and the subs are 800watt kicker dual voice coil 2 ohm subs 12inch...the amp is the xplod 1200watt...alot of people have told me that there is a certain way you must connect everything depending on the ohms (series or parallel)

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5237
please, start posting the rms of subs/amps. posting bs 'peak' ratings mean nothing. take it the subs are kicker cvrs'? so the rms is 400w for each. you'll want 800wrms @ 2ohm then, little more or less will work also. and if i found your amp, then it's 200w x 2 @ 4ohm and 500wrms x 1 @ 4ohm bridged. so you can wire each sub to a channel and get 200wrms to each (which i doubt you'll get that much). can't wire them both to be ran @ 4ohm.

buy a new amp. it's sony anyway which = garbage. post a budget for an amp.

Post Number: 3
yes the subs are (2) kicker 07CVR122 dvc 2 ohm..there rms is 400...and yes you found my amp...so what your saying is that for now i should rewire them to parallel and not series? Also i know sony is garbage lol i just took it cuz it was cheap at the time. Im running a tight budget right now but do you think I could get a pretty good amp for about 150?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6282
certainly can get a better one than sony

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/391438.html

read this thread and it will tell you some decent amps that do 800rms @ 2 ohms and cost around $150 which is exactly what you need

Post Number: 4
I read this thread below earlier today...and according to this in order to get the most power out of my kicker cvrs i would need an amp that puts out the most at 4 or 1 ohm right? because the subs being dvc 2 ohm wired in parellel would equal 1 ohm and in series 4 ohm?....

It just gives you two options to choose from when you purchase the subwoofer, each one will be better/worse for a given type of amplifier . Each voice coil has a +/- terminal for wire to plug into, so you wire it sort of like it were two subwoofers . The question is, do you run the power from the amp, through the first coil, then through the second coil, then back to the amp (wiring in series) or do you split the power wire and run it through both of the coils at the same time (wiring in parallel) . If you wire in series you add the ohms (impedence) of each voice coil to get your total ohms . If you wire in parallel its, often, half of the impedence of a single voice coil that becomes your total impedence . So ...
Dual 2 ohm voice coil in series = 4 ohms .
Dual 2 ohm voice coil in parallel = 1 ohm .
Dual 4 ohm voice coil in series = 8 ohms .
Dual 4 ohm voice coil in parallel = 2 ohms .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us