Making Shark Amp Mono!!

Username: Fabpab

Post Number: 1
Hey guys,

Now don't shout me down because im new or that im using a shark amp.. i know there terrible already! haha

but i wana try an experiment..

I have a Shark V3.. supposedly 200W per channel. making 400W in total!! WAHOO! Wouldn't that be amazing!..(not gana happen)

well, theres no instructions on making this amp bridgeable... so does that mean it absolutely cannot be done? or is that a precaution..

The manul states never to connect the negative output sides together. and never connect them to the chassie of the car.

So do you have any clues on how i could maximise the output of the amp into 1 x 4 ohm sub?

Hmm...

Like i said this is an experiment and only intend on using this amp for messing about.

Heres a link to the kind of amp it is...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UK-Brand-New-V3-400-Watts-Hifi-Car-Amp-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ 300154190019QQihZ020QQcategoryZ4950QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Any tips would be real help full!

thanks people :-)

Pete

Bronze Member
Username: Thunderb

Post Number: 46
Well pete most amps bridge the same way.Its the left side positive speaker terminal and the right side negative speaker terminal.Those 2 ternimals are hooked to one speaker and the amp is then in a bridged configuration. However if your amp is not made to bridge you will mess it up. If nothing is in the instructions says anything about bridge mode then don't do it .

Username: Fabpab

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the reply..
thats all i needed, i didnt want to break it.. although it is a cheap amp!

thanks again..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us